[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site
@Mrg, I tried the latest build, and on YouTube, when the phone goes into Landscape, these black lines appear... Is this a problem? Or just me?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I've had the issue in the past... Sometimes a reboot corrects it... Other times I've wiped the cache and it'd clear up... Sometimes I just set the videos to HQ and not worry about it until my next flash...

~Azrael's Kiss~

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had the issue in the past... Sometimes a reboot corrects it... Other times I've wiped the cache and it'd clear up... Sometimes I just set the videos to HQ and not worry about it until my next flash...

~Azrael's Kiss~

Yeah, HQ clears it up. But my SD mounter is screwed, so I don't reflash unless its serious. :p

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Strange, I always sign my roms, maybe I missed it?
Even then it shouldn't have mattered. I've said before some of these seem to be hard headed regarding memory.

I'm starting to wonder if it's a recovery issue more though. All our recoveries have been ports to my knowledge and have all had at least minor issues (some do not format or wipe properly). It could be amplified with the newer phones. just a guess though.
Thanks!

We bought both of our phones at the same time about a year ago. Yet my wife has had more stability problems with IHO on her phone whereas I've had almost none.

But all ROMs on her phone were flashed with the same CWM 3201, so changing or re-flashing that recovery would make sense.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

MidtownHD

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Jerry's 1/31 build, and the Superuser app itself is now FCing. Root access is fine. It has happened to me before, a few days of use after a flash. Anybody experiencing this?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Jerry's 1/31 build, and the Superuser app itself is now FCing. Root access is fine. It has happened to me before, a few days of use after a flash. Anybody experiencing this?

Could be you haven't updated the app itself, since it should update after flashing the 1/31. Also try updating your binary by going into superuser>>settings.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

@Curiousnoob sdmounter still broken? You must be going through flash withdrawl:p

j.razz1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, I just flashed to your latest ROM (the one that does away with the market error/apk error)- I thought maybe I could get the other boot animations to work now as you addressed that as well.

I wiped Dalvik (that's all I ever wipe) and booted up to find that I was low on space. It showed I only had 4megs available. Before I flashed I had well over 20megs (probably between 30 and 40). I then opened up app2sd and it FC'd. I then superuser FC'd and the widgets on my home screen would not load (problem loading widgets) and the theme I had installed (ICS via ADW) did not load. I went in and deleted out some apps on the phone itself, finally got app2sd up and running (it FC'd 3 times before I was able to use it) and freed up 22 megs of space by removing and moving apps. I then rebooted and then it showed I only had 256kb of free space. I am out of things to remove.

Do you need anything from my phone before I attempt another install and ultimately, if that doesn't work, go back to the previous build?

Additional notes:
-I used your backside updater to download the zip file.
-I used ROM manager (Clockwork Mod) to wipe dalvik and install it.
-I did attempt to change the startup screen from the original backside rom one to the particle one. It showed the name of that one instead of "default" but when I attempted to preview it, nothing happened. When I rebooted, the default backside rom boot up screen was still there.

j razz

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, I just flashed to your latest ROM (the one that does away with the market error/apk error)- I thought maybe I could get the other boot animations to work now as you addressed that as well.

I wiped Dalvik (that's all I ever wipe) and booted up to find that I was low on space. It showed I only had 4megs available. Before I flashed I had well over 20megs (probably between 30 and 40). I then opened up app2sd and it FC'd. I then superuser FC'd and the widgets on my home screen would not load (problem loading widgets) and the theme I had installed (ICS via ADW) did not load. I went in and deleted out some apps on the phone itself, finally got app2sd up and running (it FC'd 3 times before I was able to use it) and freed up 22 megs of space by removing and moving apps. I then rebooted and then it showed I only had 256kb of free space. I am out of things to remove.

Do you need anything from my phone before I attempt another install and ultimately, if that doesn't work, go back to the previous build?

Additional notes:
-I used your backside updater to download the zip file.
-I used ROM manager (Clockwork Mod) to wipe dalvik and install it.
-I did attempt to change the startup screen from the original backside rom one to the particle one. It showed the name of that one instead of "default" but when I attempted to preview it, nothing happened. When I rebooted, the default backside rom boot up screen was still there.

j razz

1- You failed to follow installation directions by not wiping cache
2- You used ROM Manager which I DO NOT SUPPORT!!!
3- You have a huge amount of apps, you might consider using TB to backup and uninstall those you don't use often. Also, try using TB's integrate dalvik to system function. As a final resort, use one of the various *2sd scripts available.

If you do another installation following the instructions posted, and NOT using ROM Manager, and you still have issues after two reboots, please post a logcat to pastebin and post the link here. ;)

j.razz1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
If you do another installation following the instructions posted, and NOT using ROM Manager, and you still have issues after two reboots, please post a logcat to pastebin and post the link here.

Will do.

I will try titanium backup as I have the pro version.

3. I have 53 total app icons in my app drawer including those built in such as calculator, spare parts, backside rom updater, etc. I do use TBpro to back them up.

2. I will go back to the original post to see what it is that you do support. Did you ever support Clockwork Mod? That is what I first used when I moved over to your ROM- I must have been confusing that with whatever it was the instructions called for at the time. I will revisit your recommendation. For what its worth, I reboot into clockwork mod recovery and use it to install a zip file from the sd card- I don't use it while the ROM is actually running android. Not sure if that makes a difference or not, just thought I would clarify.

1. I used to wipe both cache and dalvik but read somewhere conflicting reports as to whether it was necessary or caused additional issues. I did go back and reinstall the zip file (a fresh download via the computer) and wiped the cache and dalvik before installing it from the zip. It is still showing low memory, but now it shows me as having 76kb free. I will follow directions from here on out :)

Thanks for taking time to get back with me on this.

j razz

j.razz1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I see recovery image in your changelog post. I assume this is what I should use to flash your rom? If this is correct, can you tell me where/how I need to install/mount that image file so that I can use it. If I am way off base, can you steer me in the right direction? I didn't see any instructions for that file, if there are any, just point me to them and I am more than happy to read, I just couldn't find any (I did do a search).

j razz

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Will do.

I will try titanium backup as I have the pro version.

3. I have 53 total app icons in my app drawer including those built in such as calculator, spare parts, backside rom updater, etc. I do use TBpro to back them up.

2. I will go back to the original post to see what it is that you do support. Did you ever support Clockwork Mod? That is what I first used when I moved over to your ROM- I must have been confusing that with whatever it was the instructions called for at the time. I will revisit your recommendation. For what its worth, I reboot into clockwork mod recovery and use it to install a zip file from the sd card- I don't use it while the ROM is actually running android. Not sure if that makes a difference or not, just thought I would clarify.

1. I used to wipe both cache and dalvik but read somewhere conflicting reports as to whether it was necessary or caused additional issues. I did go back and reinstall the zip file (a fresh download via the computer) and wiped the cache and dalvik before installing it from the zip. It is still showing low memory, but now it shows me as having 76kb free. I will follow directions from here on out :)

Thanks for taking time to get back with me on this.

j razz
No problem, hope I do help and not just complain about following instructions all the time! ;)

You don't have too many apps installed, but you should move as many as possible to your sdcard with the built in function in manage applications.

The reason it will appear as if you have less space on internal now is I have removed the functionality of moving dalvik cache. CM used it to give us more space, but the newer versions of the Market don't consider that, and the dalvik cache gets moved into the same partition the newer Market checks. This means with the cache moved, you had 100mb of internal space, but couldn't use them due to the Market saying there was insufficient space. Now, it may show you only have 36mb free, but you don't get errors from the market for insufficient space. 100mb unusuable vs less usable, that's a trade-off I'm hoping will work.

Using TB's integrate dalvik to system function works well also, just be sure you undo it before flashing a new ROM zip file or you'll have to re-flash gapps and sign into your account all over. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I see recovery image in your changelog post. I assume this is what I should use to flash your rom? If this is correct, can you tell me where/how I need to install/mount that image file so that I can use it. If I am way off base, can you steer me in the right direction? I didn't see any instructions for that file, if there are any, just point me to them and I am more than happy to read, I just couldn't find any (I did do a search).

j razz

To flash a new recovery image, you need the following first:

1- Terminal emulator (download from the Market)
2- The recovery image file VM670NH_recovery.img
3- The flash_image binary (included in all IHO ROMs, so you should already have it)

Steps to flash any custom recovery image on the Optimus V:

1- Place the VM670NH_recovery.img file on the root of your sdcard (root means not inside any folders, easier)
2- Open Terminal emulator and type the following:
Code:
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/VM670NH_recovery.img
So long as you don't see any errors, that's it! ;)

If you do see errors, report them here.

slyr114

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
jerry, i installed the latest version of ur rom clean, wiped everything, installed a theme. When i try to open ur updater it just force closes? any fixes for this?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
jerry, i installed the latest version of ur rom clean, wiped everything, installed a theme. When i try to open ur updater it just force closes? any fixes for this?

Try fixing permissions either via recovery or TitaniumBackup. I haven't had any issues with it, so let me know what happens.

Edit- I just tried in airplane mode, and it closed after about 3 seconds. I will have to add checks for internet connectivity, I just assumed that was a given. ;)
No problems after turning airplane mode off, so I'm going to bet that's your issue, no network connection at that moment.

slyr114

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
yeeeeep, that was it, turns out i dont have 3g here this time of night lol, even though usually i have max bars by now, anyway turned on wifi and it works now thanks!

j.razz1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I wound up doing a clean install and now everything works well. However, whenever I followed the instructions above to install recovery, I got this: write error at 0x00000000 (Out of Memory) wrote block after 1 retries.

It appeared to go through but I didn't know how to access it as I still had clockwork mod installed and I was afraid to uninstall it as that was my backup.

Having said that, I can now choose any of the boot animations. Before I could select it but the pop up that fades out saying that the file has been moved to the boot something folder never popped up. Now it does. Before the boot animation said Backside IHO with an android head popping up from the lower right hand corner. Now android flashes me and tells me to backup.

Before I go any further, I am going to attempt to run the recovery file yet again per your instructions to insure that next time I actually am following your instructions :) Hopefully it will work this time!

Thanks again for being patient Jerry. And no, I don't mind at all you pointing me back to the instructions... as long as you don't mind me asking for clarification :)

j razz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick