[ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 05/02/2014

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 12/03/2013

Did you follow the instructions I linked to in my first post? If you follwed to the letter then you might need to transfer all data on SD card to computer, then format the SD card using Windows. Start/Computer/right click on SD card icon and select to format.
Note: Best to remove SD card from phone and then put into computer with adapter card.

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site

Trying this again, without running any INT2EXT scripts yet.
On my V, I'm going straight into low storage warnings. No applications downloaded, deleting browser, unused launcher and keyboard, and startup wizard.
Tried formatting and repartitioning my SD card, with no success. I still have only 15MB free on internal storage.
Any ideas?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Did you follow the instructions? Link2SD is the best thing to use with it. Make sure you make the partition with the touchscreen recovery, then format to ext.4 with mini tool partition wizard.
Partition should only be 1GB and SD card needs to be at least 8GB.
Both need to be primary.
If SD card is still messed up, put Puppy Precise on a flash drive or SD card. Then use Gparted to create a new partition table. This means you will have to recreate the partition.

Also: Wipe and format everything but the SD cards FAT32 partition before flashing the ROM and Gapps.
Try the Fly-On Mod tweaks from XDA forums. Make sure you get both zips that are needed..

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

New ROM tweaks.
Finally found a terminal emulator app with lib file that doesn't fc.

To get the Fly-On Mod tweaks to work I had to include all the system folders in ROM zip (couldn't get it to install through recovery). Fly-On folder still needs to be added to /data directory after ROM install.

Posted via Android Central App

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

AndieOpie: Thanks for your work. I wish you could find a speakerphone fix. It's the only thing keeping me from trying Bean Whiz.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Still looking.
You can help by looking to if you want. Need the app and the lib file if you find something that might work.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 04/17/2014

New version up with fixed Fly-On Mod, Toucan4267's Cache to ext script, and a better boot animation.

clwilliams6

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Bean_Whiz-CM10.v2.2.4-ext Unzip this before flashing as the ROM.zip and the data folder (with the Fly-On and local folder) are inside. MD5 sum: b9d26d187ce4f0041e962b4d1fd77e1e

Andy:
Love your work as a cobbler for the VM670! Thank you.
One thing I noticed (quoted above) is that the Fly-On folder isn't in the new zip as you imply. :(
I got the same check sum, but it appears that it ain't there.
However, for me, that's not an issue, as I've been playing with your mod and various tweaks for a couple days, and so I have everything already.
But perhaps you should either recompile that zip to contain the Fly-On scripting or just tell 'em where to get it. ;)
Thanks again for your contributions!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Your so right. Thanks for catching that. I don't know what happened to it. I was positive it was there when I zipped it.
Will upload new zip with Fly-On folder immediately.
Thanks again for catching that.

EDIT: Uploaded new zip with the Fly-On folder included.

Last edited:

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Did you follow the instructions? Link2SD is the best thing to use with it. Make sure you make the partition with the touchscreen recovery, then format to ext.4 with mini tool partition wizard.
Partition should only be 1GB and SD card needs to be at least 8GB.
Both need to be primary.
If SD card is still messed up, put Puppy Precise on a flash drive or SD card. Then use Gparted to create a new partition table. This means you will have to recreate the partition.

Also: Wipe and format everything but the SD cards FAT32 partition before flashing the ROM and Gapps.
Try the Fly-On Mod tweaks from XDA forums. Make sure you get both zips that are needed..

@Andy
Hey it's been quite awhile for any posts and actually running into any issues with my "backup" OV. I have come to realize and cannot figure out how to exactly make a second partition work using Mini in windows. I, of, course read and followed your posts and instructions. BTW this was after updating to your 5/2/14 update.
I partition in recovery--open mini tool in windows-format and make into ext4 . Now, am I just labeling it that but still would be a FAT32? I've tried multiple ways and wipe/partitioning methods to no avail. Like split-partitioning as well i think i tried.
In the end, and, in any case, now the CPU won't recgonize the phone nor able to put the ROM or copy anything to the card.
Please help and appreciate your always quick replies :))

zwhirl

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

As of 5/3 ROMs md5sum is supposed to be b9d26d187ce4f0041e962b4d1fd77e1e. Can someone verify? I keep getting 29b5317fef683b6868c997b71c7dd2fc. Tried downloading via cell (both my 3G and girlfriend's 4G LTE) and WiFi (Starbucks, Verizon FiOS, some other cafes).

@bjzapp:
Did you follow the instructions here under "Put SD card into computer" with ext4 selected as format option?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for late response.
zwhirl: The md5 sum is 29b5317fef683b6868c997b71c7dd2fc. I forgot to change it? Will do so today.

bjzapp: If you make the partition using the recovery it will be formatted to ext.3. In Mini Tool Partition Wizard you need to delete the partition, select to create partition, select the ext.4 format and primary in the pop up window. Then hit the apply check mark.

If you need help to straighten out let me know.

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.
yeah, I followed all that and am able to format it to ext4 primary.
My issue is the CPU will not recgonize the phone (or driver?) when plugged into the USB port after doing this process. It doesn't recgonize the file system and I am unable to therefore transfer any of my files to the SD. Mounting USB storage from either Recovery or after booted does nothing(does not show the device)
I do not have a SD reader or anything on the CPU.
One other thing. On every reboot I'm getting "Android is Upgrading" message. Usually takes 5 minutes or so. Must be something wrong there..??

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Try downloading again. I posted the correct md5 sum, so check it. Then follow install guide.

With the phone on and computer off (phone plugged into computer), turn computer on. If still not showing go to: Start>Computer>Double left click on the folder with the drive letter that matches your sd card. Might be e or f or g.

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm.
Yeah, I almost always look at the MD5. Well, usually when it's off, it's off by quite a bit and certainly noticeable and would have seen it.
Even checking and "soft-flashing" twice.....well....
Here is a screenshot from yesterday after another attempt:
Screenshot_2014-07-04.png

Windows(Vista) constantly pops up windows telling me that it cannot find the driver or device cannot be found. Managed to work around that for now. Yes, I have the correct LG drivers on a flash. Re-installed them as well.
Thanks again for your replies and time sir.
Following progress on KitKat ;)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
What app are you using to get partition info?
Did you create a 1GB-1.5GB ext4 partition on the SD card?
Are both the FAT32 and the ext.4 partitions marked as primary (this is a must do)?

Note: You can't use an SD card that has been partitoned for bigsupersquids external KitKat with this ROM and Link2SD. You must first delete all extra partitions, then create just one extra partition that's 1-1.5GB and formatted to ext.4

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
In the process of setting this up. That new boot animation rocks!!

Link2SD wouldn't make the mount script; Quick Reboot isn't helping either. Keeps saying the 2nd partition isn't mounted during boot time and it's being mounted after the system boots. Recreate Mount Scripts gives the error "can't unmount/data/sdext2: Invalid argument"

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Explain the steps you went thru to get up to the Link2SD part of my instructions that I linked to in the first post.
Did you check md5 sum?
Did you put the folders from the zip where they needed to go?

There is no room for error in the instructions. They have to be followed to the letter. Any deviation from them spells all sorts of trouble.