[ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 05/02/2014

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][MOD][THEME] Bean_Whiz-CM10 Updated 12/03/2013

Don't forget to thank thekraven. I just themed and tweaked his SlimRom.
There has been extensive testing since the V came out on min max speeds. Having the max set above 600 and the min so low, will actually cause more battery drain. The kernel has to work harder to ramp up to the max. Every time.
With the settings I mentioned, I can leave the phone on, go to bed, and wakeup with no loss or at the most a 1% loss.
WiFi on, screen always on, helping in forums or watching MOPAR cars from the sixties burning out: 6 hours before battery gets below 20%.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Don't forget to thank thekraven. I just themed and tweaked his SlimRom.
There has been extensive testing since the V came out on min max speeds. Having the max set above 600 and the min so low, will actually cause more battery drain. The kernel has to work harder to ramp up to the max. Every time.
With the settings I mentioned, I can leave the phone on, go to bed, and wakeup with no loss or at the most a 1% loss.
WiFi on, screen always on, helping in forums or watching MOPAR cars from the sixties burning out: 6 hours before battery gets below 20%.
Thanks, definitely will thank him as well and after much back and forth of my own with CPU governors I have found your recommendations work best for battery consumption

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Before using crossbreader keep in mind I already incorporated the entropy tweak into the ROM.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Before using crossbreader keep in mind I already incorporated the entropy tweak into the ROM.
Andy do you think its an issue that will cause problems down the road? I think cross breeder overwrites any other settings and it has ad blocking features which seem to work better than ad away and other performance tweaks that seem pretty cool. I posed this question to BigSuperSquid and he thought it was ok to try. If you think it's not a good Idea let me know,as,it did eat some memory and I have the uninstall on root of sd card. So far nothing is crashing.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

You could be sure by deleting the entropy tweak in the ROM before installing crossbreeder.
system/bin/rngd
system/etc/init.d/10entropy

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Ok thanks, so far everything is buttery smooth, no FC's or RR's so I may just let things tighten up for a week or so then see. I prefer crossbreeder because it allowed me to get rid of set DNS and Adway apps. Also with crossbreeder my Current Random Entropy Values hover around 4100. How does that compare with stock on your end?

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Haha, may delete CB then, here I thought I was getting a big boost.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

4100 is with the entropy tweak that I added.
Ok, this ROM is so big that I may delete crossbreeder to give /system memory a little breathing room. Currently I have just 1% left. Once os2sd is ironed out I may go that route. Thanks again for making this version of Slimrom so Noob friendly to install and operate

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Ok, this ROM is so big that I may delete crossbreeder to give /system memory a little breathing room. Currently I have just 1% left. Once os2sd is ironed out I may go that route. Thanks again for making this version of Slimrom so Noob friendly to install and operate
One thing to keep in mind is that nothing writes to /system unless you flash it in recovery... so space doesn't matter unless you need to fill it with something new.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone tried this to fix the bluetooth FC/Reboot? [JB][4.1.1] Bluetooth Fix For JellyBean ROMs [Fully Functional] - xda-developers
Leery of trying it since you have to remove the old apk and this thread is from 2012. I may back up and give it a try if no one else has.
if you want bluetooth flash my 3.08 kernel. Should fix it. You may need the remove-charger zip from the archived part of the OP in the kernel thread if it bootloops after flashing the kernel.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

if you want bluetooth flash my 3.08 kernel. Should fix it. You may need the remove-charger zip from the archived part of the OP in the kernel thread if it bootloops after flashing the kernel.
Currently bluetooth works just fine, pairs no problem and stays connected. The problem is when you attempt to turn off bluetooth the phone freezes then reboots. Will your kernel fix this?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Currently bluetooth works just fine, pairs no problem and stays connected. The problem is when you attempt to turn off bluetooth the phone freezes then reboots. Will your kernel fix this?
oooh, thought it was a newer build. those won't connect bluetooth at all without the 3.0 kernel. Your issue, no, it probably won't fix it.
The reboot, that happens with wifi tether too on some cm roms. Dunno about fixing it. The apk is an easy drop-in, and you can reflash the ROM if it fails to work (or even just restore the one file.)

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

oooh, thought it was a newer build. those won't connect bluetooth at all without the 3.0 kernel. Your issue, no, it probably won't fix it.
The reboot, that happens with wifi tether too on some cm roms. Dunno about fixing it. The apk is an easy drop-in, and you can reflash the ROM if it fails to work (or even just restore the one file.)
Thanks, I will give it a go, more of an inconvenience if I'm using wireless headphones which I don't use that much so it's no big deal if it does not work.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Bluetooth fix failed. New apk. Worked but instead of freezing immediately upon disabling bluetooth it took 5 seconds then froze and re-booted as usual.

ppossumm

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

ugh....Ive been running this ROM for a couple months now and I just developed an issue that I can't figure out. :-\ I don't know if I damaged my phone in the gym or if I pocket-dialed something in the settings while working-out. The thing is that I can't hear anything from the speaker when making calls. It vibrates, rings, and beeps and functions normally but there is no voice coming out. :eek:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

First try Volume Ace. Leave it in the internal storage. See what your volume settings are. Could be you need to bump the system volume up.
If everything looks good, then you will need to do a full wipe and format in recovery, then a clean install of ROM, virgin fix, and galls.

echobox

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed this ROM yesterday. Looks and runs great but I'm having a problem getting Link2SD to work correctly.

If I'm understanding your instructions, linking to the SD card with Link2SD should prevent filling up of the problem area on the OV, the /data partition (internal storage). Whether or not I link or move an app to the SD card with Link2SD, my /data continues to fill up. I've downloaded about 8 apps and linked them, but my /data shows 139mb/179mb under partition info. The /sd-ext(EXT) partition shows 0.00/0.00. Any clue what I'm doing wrong?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej