ROM options

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
So I went ahead and installed the leaked ICS and it is nice and all but I really want to go ahead and go all out and try a sense 4.0 Rom. What are some of the options out there?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Plus 1's for RezROM S4 and Team BAMF's PkmN.

lllboredlll is freaking awesome and even posts beta's in his thread for us to try out before they go official.

Team BAMF's PkmN ROM is nice as well, very slick and is put together by some VERY smart and clever Dev's.

Can't speak to the others as I haven't ever given them a run but I'm sure they're good enough for a daily driver.

I'm really wanting NilsP to put out his version of a Sense 4 ROM especially since the animations are now working.

The Sense 4 ROM's have come a long way since they first started rolling out. Make a nandriod for sure but take them for a spin...you won't be disappointed.

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok so after I root and do s off I can make an nandroid backup in the custom recovery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
No need for S-off to make nandroids, just being rooted and having a custom recovery.

S-off really only comes into play for restoring nandroids with dissimilar kernels, like your on an ICS based ROM and want to restore a GB based one. There's other things you can do but that is the big plus at this point.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Update to your ROM possibilities, try lllboredlll's RezROM S4 v2.1 It is hands down the smoothest Sense 4/ICS ROM I have tried to date. Bored is an awesome developer.

If you do try it, the version on his thread on XDA says 2.0 but the download says 2.1...just an FYI.