ARCHIVED: [ROM] Reborn ROM v2.2.4 - 7/24/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

cxc

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded the carrier IQ check app from the market and found that my reborn rom optimus had it enabled or not entirely removed.

I then found the patch to remove the carrier IQ and now my phone freezes on boot (at the reborn logo screen). My next move is to try a dirty flash, but, is carrier IQ still enabled on the phone??

cxc

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded the carrier IQ check app from the market and found that my reborn rom optimus had it enabled or not entirely removed.

I then found the patch to remove the carrier IQ and now my phone freezes on boot (at the reborn logo screen). My next move is to try a dirty flash, but, is carrier IQ still enabled on the phone??

Found this http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...orn-rom-v2-2-4-7-24-11-a-277.html#post1391031

About to try now to see if it removes this thing. Will report back if it works.

*Edit: Voodoo CarrierIQ detects some leftover files, but says that it is no longer active. This is in fact what I wanted. Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok I a Noob, and so I am not sure what I am doing wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have downloaded and attempted to root my phone using the Gingersnap Utility, it runs and say I am rooted, but there are no changes to the device ( USB Debugging is on, fresh reboot of phone, etc.), done this several times same result. So I downloaded the Reborn Rom but as I do not see the root in my phone I do not where to place the Zip file to make it run. I have placed it on my phone SD card but it does not show as an option in the prompts to update off sd card. I am sure it is me but please help I need some serious help here.

generosity

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I need some serious help here.

It sounds like you need to install a custom recovery. See:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

You should be able to tell if you're rooted - try installing the free version of Titanium Backup and it will ask for 'root permissions'. If you're sure you are rooted, next step is you need to install a custom recovery. That's kinda like the BIOS on your PC - it is a low-level, text-only interface that you can boot into to install a custom ROM.

Just make *sure* you read and follow the instructions, and make *sure* you are on the correct baseband for the ROM you want to install.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

This is why I removed the patch. Even though I told everyone not to wipe data after they flashed the patch they did and they got boot loops. If you are going to use the patch you HAVE to dirty flash it.

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you need to install a custom recovery. See:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

You should be able to tell if you're rooted - try installing the free version of Titanium Backup and it will ask for 'root permissions'. If you're sure you are rooted, next step is you need to install a custom recovery. That's kinda like the BIOS on your PC - it is a low-level, text-only interface that you can boot into to install a custom ROM.

Just make *sure* you read and follow the instructions, and make *sure* you are on the correct baseband for the ROM you want to install.

Generosity I owe you one it worked great, had a few issues with the adb shell it took 3 try's before I realized I had to allow through phone to get superuser to work. But I am running the reborn ROM and all looks good trying to reinstall all my apps now.

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
OK so I love the ROM does everything I need, my issue may not be related, I seem to be constantly roaming now. I had full service prior to install but it is in constant roam now. Is there a way to fix this or do I need to go back to factory?? I hope someone has the answer.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
OK so I love the ROM does everything I need, my issue may not be related, I seem to be constantly roaming now. I had full service prior to install but it is in constant roam now. Is there a way to fix this or do I need to go back to factory?? I hope someone has the answer.

Did you change the roaming settings in the roam application?

90base

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
This is a Great Rom! I used it for months before recently switching to theKravens CM7.2. This is a VERY solid rom. Solid as a stock rom with all the greatness of a custom rom. Never had any problems with it at all!

Just wanna give a big thanks to the DEV's for doing an awesome job on this one! If there were some good updates i'd be hardpressed not to come back!

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys, my phone is now zipping along no problems.
One more question I guess just curious, can I update my radio to ZHD instead of the ZVD, I do not want to do anything that mess up the ROM it is the best??

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know how to get the sprint football to work. The music and tv work but the nascar and football do not I get the error this service is for sprint and nextel users only.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
One more question I guess just curious, can I update my radio to ZHD instead of the ZVD, I do not want to do anything that mess up the ROM it is the best??
Never heard of ZHD, do you mean ZVH? If you want to keep reborn rom then no you can not.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

generosity

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

As blackops stated, it's ZVH, not ZHD. This ROM is based on the ZVD baseband, and requires it to function properly. If you wanted the ZVH baseband and software (Android 2.3 instead of 2.2), you could upgrade to ZVH stock, then root again and put a ZVH based ROM on your phone (gRom, Your Mom ROM, etc.).

Be warned though, many people are having issues with ZVH and Sprint has promised a future update to fix them with no ETA. I myself upgraded to ZVH (on gROM) and lost GPS functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amy453