ARCHIVED: [ROM] Reborn ROM v2.2.4 - 7/24/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthearnow

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I know its dead but for a week I've been going crazy trying to find the no IQ agent patch, I know almost all of the themes include it but I happen to only like the ones that don't. Willing to trade appearance for performance anyday,, that's why I came back to this ROM, thanks for any answer, and if you can point me towards a more recent ROM as reliable as this one then please do

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I know its dead but for a week I've been going crazy trying to find the no IQ agent patch, I know almost all of the themes include it but I happen to only like the ones that don't. Willing to trade appearance for performance anyday,, that's why I came back to this ROM, thanks for any answer, and if you can point me towards a more recent ROM as reliable as this one then please do

For Froyo this is the best feature packed stable Rom out there. And guess what, I found what you are looking for in my files.

noIQagent.zip

Now this will only work with the stock theme. If you are using another theme currently, then you will want to flash the stock theme (listed below) and then flash the noIQ zip. You can flash them back to back in recovery.

theme_Reborn-v2.1_stock.zip

Reactions: matthearnow

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Now this will only work with the stock theme. If you are using another theme currently, then you will want to flash the stock theme (listed below) and then flash the noIQ zip. You can flash them back to back in recovery.

Just curious, why does something like this that is system level, require a certain theme?

I think I am still using the stock theme for the remaining UI bits, but I have changed the launcher and all...

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The edit to disable it resides in the framework-res file, which is the same file that holds most of the system images. It's not that it won't work with other themes, it just won't match color wise.

Reactions: epidenimus

pspOPT

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I installed this ROM today and man is my phone zipping fast! Thanks for the ROM!

I wanted to add my google account for market and synching my contacts, however under Accounts there is no option to add Google account. There is only an option for Corporate and my Touchdown app account. How do I add my gmail account? TIA!

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I installed this ROM today and man is my phone zipping fast! Thanks for the ROM!

I wanted to add my google account for market and synching my contacts, however under Accounts there is no option to add Google account. There is only an option for Corporate and my Touchdown app account. How do I add my gmail account? TIA!

Just open the market and sign in when it prompts for it !!

Reactions: pspOPT

pspOPT

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Just open the market and sign in when it prompts for it !!

Tried that and it just closes and wants me to go into Accounts and Sync.

I flashed different gapps builds but I dont have the gmail app or maps or latitude or any other google apps!
How did that happen?

For context, I flashed using the 7/24 build of Reborn ROM and then 6/13 gapps zip.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Tried that and it just closes and wants me to go into Accounts and Sync.

I flashed different gapps builds but I dont have the gmail app or maps or latitude or any other google apps!
How did that happen?

For context, I flashed using the 7/24 build of Reborn ROM and then 6/13 gapps zip.

No need to flash gapps with Reborn. That is only for CM builds. Reborn has everything included.

Wipe everything and reflash the rom only, then you should be good to go.

Reactions: pspOPT

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Stupid Question:

If I perform a 'Dirty Flash' of RebornROM v2.2.4...what would this do to help or hurt my phone? I ask because I deleted the stupid Android Market App via the terminal. I'm trying to reinstall it but it won't take.

I've tried reinstalling it via both a TitaniumBackup 'restore' as well as directly installing the .apk. It's not liking it. Also, for some reason 'Google Talk' hasn't worked in ages...keeps giving me the 'sign-in error'.

I'm wondering if a 'Dirty Flash' will fix this. However, I do not want to lose any of my apps.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

BJ

jasthomas

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Stupid Question:

If I perform a 'Dirty Flash' of RebornROM v2.2.4...what would this do to help or hurt my phone? I ask because I deleted the stupid Android Market App via the terminal. I'm trying to reinstall it but it won't take.

I've tried reinstalling it via both a TitaniumBackup 'restore' as well as directly installing the .apk. It's not liking it. Also, for some reason 'Google Talk' hasn't worked in ages...keeps giving me the 'sign-in error'.

I'm wondering if a 'Dirty Flash' will fix this. However, I do not want to lose any of my apps.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

BJ

a dirty flash will just add/ overwrite the apps that came with the rom before you downloaded anything and it will change some settings back to the way that they were set with the rom! doing a dirty flash will restore the market and will not delete anything else! so if you want the market back it will help you! :DD
i suggest doing it! you wont lose anything i give you my word! :D
\

Reactions: biggjoe

Trailblazerman

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [DEAD-ROM] Reborn ROM v2.2.4 - ZVD ONLY

Hi guys, new to this phone and forum but not to custom ROMs.

After flashing both ZVD and ZVH bands with almost all the ROMs out there, I really want to have the Reborn ROM on my phone. However, with all ROMs except the Sprint stock ROM, my phone reboots sporadically, hangs, and/or goes into a reboot loop, etc... and the phone becomes unusable.

I think that my particular phone can't take any overclocking (or not much). If I load this ROM, can I just turn down the OC to 600 or whatever number is right? (That's assuming that I can get to it before it goes into a boot loop). Any chance there is a ROM that isn't overclocked floating around out there?

OR, should I load another non-OC kernel?

Thanks!

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: [DEAD-ROM] Reborn ROM v2.2.4 - ZVD ONLY

Hi guys, new to this phone and forum but not to custom ROMs.

After flashing both ZVD and ZVH bands with almost all the ROMs out there, I really want to have the Reborn ROM on my phone. However, with all ROMs except the Sprint stock ROM, my phone reboots sporadically, hangs, and/or goes into a reboot loop, etc... and the phone becomes unusable.

I think that my particular phone can't take any overclocking (or not much). If I load this ROM, can I just turn down the OC to 600 or whatever number is right? (That's assuming that I can get to it before it goes into a boot loop). Any chance there is a ROM that isn't overclocked floating around out there?

OR, should I load another non-OC kernel?

Thanks!

Sure, just pick up no-frills cpu control from the market and scale down to 600 MHz. Reborn is defaulted to 729 MHz but your phone should be able to handle it.

Trailblazerman

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
OK, Nick...I'll give it a try. If I do a safe boot, is it not overclocked? Seriously, I've loaded this ROM before and it crashed pretty soon after first startup. Apparently I got a phone that can't handle default clocking on ROMs. :(

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
OK, Nick...I'll give it a try. If I do a safe boot, is it not overclocked? Seriously, I've loaded this ROM before and it crashed pretty soon after first startup. Apparently I got a phone that can't handle default clocking on ROMs. :(

If that happens I have a 600 MHz kernel laying around here somewhere. Just let me know how it goes.

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
One of our phones(Wife's) running Reborn ROM has started running buggy. It is having a mind of it's own with the touch screen. Some symptoms include texting random characters by itself when she begins a message. Also when you are looking at the messages in her inbox it toggles randomly by itself to other messages. And it becomes unresponsive at times so she has to pull the battery. The only thing I can think of is I upgraded her sd card about a month ago to an 8G class 10(Patriot brand) card from her stock 2G card. i copied the contents onto the computer, then onto the new card. Before that it seemed fine.

Over the weekend, I decided to do a casche/dalvic/data wipe, reinstalled Reborn and manually downloaded/installed all of her apps. It worked ok for a day or so and is starting with the random buggy behavior again.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Maybe time to try the newer yourmom rom? Lowest maintenance system is key for this phone.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
One of our phones(Wife's) running Reborn ROM has started running buggy. It is having a mind of it's own with the touch screen. Some symptoms include texting random characters by itself when she begins a message. Also when you are looking at the messages in her inbox it toggles randomly by itself to other messages. And it becomes unresponsive at times so she has to pull the battery. The only thing I can think of is I upgraded her sd card about a month ago to an 8G class 10(Patriot brand) card from her stock 2G card. i copied the contents onto the computer, then onto the new card. Before that it seemed fine.

Over the weekend, I decided to do a casche/dalvic/data wipe, reinstalled Reborn and manually downloaded/installed all of her apps. It worked ok for a day or so and is starting with the random buggy behavior again.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Maybe time to try the newer yourmom rom? Lowest maintenance system is key for this phone.

I think it's time for you to let your mom out of her cage. Sorry, I had to :p

All joking aside, if you want the features and performance of Reborn but want to be sure you have a ROM that is presently developed and updated, Your Mom is calling! Just make sure you update to the ZVH radio before you answer :p

Status
Not open for further replies.