ARCHIVED: [ROM] Reborn ROM v2.2.4 - 7/24/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

glitchsta

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
If I am backing up with titanium backup do I backup data and system to restore or just data coming from 2.1 to 2.2.1

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

caelon

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the work on the ROM, great stuff. Two questions:
  1. I couldn't find the Wireless Tether App mentioned in the second post.
  2. With LEGO ROM, I could wake up my screen by pressing one of the four buttons on the front. The only way to wake the screen now is with the power button. Is there any way to change that?

Thanks again.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure what you mean by this. Sorry I'm still learning.

Open the messaging app and press menu, look under settings to change mms back to white, this is also mentioned in the changelog

With LEGO ROM, I could wake up my screen by pressing one of the four buttons on the front. The only way to wake the screen now is with the power button. Is there any way to change that?

click the link in my signature and check out post 2

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the work on the ROM, great stuff. Two questions:
  1. I couldn't find the Wireless Tether App mentioned in the second post.
  2. With LEGO ROM, I could wake up my screen by pressing one of the four buttons on the front. The only way to wake the screen now is with the power button. Is there any way to change that?

Thanks again.
There is a zip file to flash to rekey so they work like stock so the other buttons wake phone. And the tether apparently was replaced with a hotspot widget.

sent from my Reborn Optimus

Last edited:
Reactions: caelon

bklyn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm still currently on Reborn 2.0 can I flash over or must i wipe data to be on v2.1?

Also, Im on swype beta 3.6 what happens when I flash this ROM to swype?
I flashed over 2.1 without any problems.
After you install 2.2.1, you will have Swype 2. To get back to the most recent Swype3 beta, log in at Sywpe and have a new beta install email sent to you and follow the directions.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
is there anyway to go back to a white text messaging background instead of the v2.2.1 black background?

Copy pasta from 2.1

Im not sure what you mean by this. Sorry I'm still learning.

The Mms.apk included in 2.2.1 fixes the Force Close issue when editing a contact, but cannot not be changed ondemand to white background like the one in 2.2

Therefore, what Nick is saying is, you need to copy the Mms.apk from 2.1 into your sdcard and then (from your phone) into system/app. You can do this with an app like root explorer.

caelon

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all around for the help on my previous questions.

As I've played with it more, I don't seem to have an EV/3G service. I've been a few locations in the past couple of hours, including some I know I've had EVDO before and I'm getting nothing. Search is coming up empty outside of people not knowing that EVDO = 3G. I think I remember having this same issue when I went to LEGO ROM in March but I can't remember how it was solved.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
posted this in the themes thread as well, but with reborn 2.2 i'm getting the send button cut off while using the reTouched theme along with the stock font zip, just a heads up. Don't know if there is an easy fix.

Ya, that is weird. I just was able to duplicate it. But with the custom font in the theme, it displays fine.

Hmmm, I will see what I can do.

caelon

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all around for the help on my previous questions.

As I've played with it more, I don't seem to have an EV/3G service. I've been a few locations in the past couple of hours, including some I know I've had EVDO before and I'm getting nothing. Search is coming up empty outside of people not knowing that EVDO = 3G. I think I remember having this same issue when I went to LEGO ROM in March but I can't remember how it was solved.

Solved now - I rebooted but it wasn't the first time I had done so. Even so, I'll take the dunce hat for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allirose