ARCHIVED: [ROM] Reborn ROM v2.2.4 - 7/24/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(103683)

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had an issue trying to pair your phone with another device via bluetooth? It always force closes. I never had an issue with this on version 2.1 of this rom but it seems broken with version 2.2.1.

eracet

Mar 7, 2011
www.evolutiongamer.net
Flashed Reborn 2.2.1 over 2.2 and now some of my apps such as market and messaging are gone.
Did a dirty flash 3 times and those are the 2 (maybe more) that never came back.

I do notice that 2.2.1 is a little faster then 2.2 Just wondering why some of the apps are not working or loading.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Well I was able to move the swype apk. this morning for data/app folder to system/app folder. Thekraven updated his zips to reflect data/app folder change so i wipe everything and reflashed, I like to start fresh. Well for some reason his zip are removing swype off the rom. Its still in the data/app folder but not showing up as a optional keyboard when i try to reinstall it there it say it failed. so I wipe everything and flashed again to get swype back. I was just going to use his old zips and manually move the swype apk. the data/app folder to system/data folder well now root explorer is saying system/app folder is read-ony and wont let me move it there...What did I do wrong or change to make it do this??? Thank you for your time and dedication to put out an outstanding rom.....

Sorry so long but i like to be detailed......
Do your nandroids work?

sent from my Reborn Optimus

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I was able to move the swype apk. this morning for data/app folder to system/app folder. Thekraven updated his zips to reflect data/app folder change so i wipe everything and reflashed, I like to start fresh. Well for some reason his zip are removing swype off the rom. Its still in the data/app folder but not showing up as a optional keyboard when i try to reinstall it there it say it failed. so I wipe everything and flashed again to get swype back. I was just going to use his old zips and manually move the swype apk. the data/app folder to system/data folder well now root explorer is saying system/app folder is read-ony and wont let me move it there...What did I do wrong or change to make it do this??? Thank you for your time and dedication to put out an outstanding rom.....

Sorry so long but i like to be detailed......

You have to mount as r/w. At the top in root explorer you will see it says Mounted as r/o and next to that is Mount R/W. Click Mount R/W and you should be able to move it there and not get the read only message.

rodcpierce

Android FTW. Apple FTL
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
OK, small issue here, and not sure whats up. I have been running this rom since its release a couple days ago, and havnt had a single issue. Last night, I plugged my phone in before bed, like I do any other night. Woke up this morning to is rather warm, and at a black LG screen. Unplugged it and it went just to a black screen. It wont do anything. I cant even get it to boot to the lg screen. Just stayed a black screen, buttons dont light up, nothing. When I plug is back into the computer, the LG screen pops up, but wont do anything else. Cant power it on, nothing. Any ideas.

Thabyrdman

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
You have to mount as r/w. At the top in root explorer you will see it says Mounted as r/o and next to that is Mount R/W. Click Mount R/W and you should be able to move it there and not get the read only message.

thanks yea figured that out this morning messing with it...I forgot to post thanks though....

Thabyrdman

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
OK, small issue here, and not sure whats up. I have been running this rom since its release a couple days ago, and havnt had a single issue. Last night, I plugged my phone in before bed, like I do any other night. Woke up this morning to is rather warm, and at a black LG screen. Unplugged it and it went just to a black screen. It wont do anything. I cant even get it to boot to the lg screen. Just stayed a black screen, buttons dont light up, nothing. When I plug is back into the computer, the LG screen pops up, but wont do anything else. Cant power it on, nothing. Any ideas.

can you get the recovery to come up...remove battery put back in hold down Vol. down, Home, power button until lg pops up then let go..

rodcpierce

Android FTW. Apple FTL
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
OK, just plugged it in, and now I get the "not enough charge to start, please wait", so thats something different then it was doing. perhaps the battery just crapped out over night?

rodcpierce

Android FTW. Apple FTL
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
HAAA! Just got into recovery! Wiped, and will flash back to nrom1.6. I has this happen on other time to me on reborn, but it didnt act so dead, I could atleast get it to turn on and off with the power button. This last time the power button did nothing. Weird

rodcpierce

Android FTW. Apple FTL
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Lmao. Clear everything in recovery and flash reborn...

if you read through my posts above, you will see this is the second time I have had a similar issue (albeit not as bad as this last one here) with the reborn series roms. Not saying they are a bad rom, just dont seem to agree with my optimus. I havnt had a single issue on nrom 1.6. Its sort of my "go too" rom if you will, when something else has issues. So, I will stick with it for now.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
if you read through my posts above, you will see this is the second time I have had a similar issue (albeit not as bad as this last one here) with the reborn series roms. Not saying they are a bad rom, just dont seem to agree with my optimus. I havnt had a single issue on nrom 1.6. Its sort of my "go too" rom if you will, when something else has issues. So, I will stick with it for now.
Are you sure that you are wiping everything correctly? Did you ever switch over to CM7? Just trying to figure out why all the hassle. This is built FOR our phones and should have no issues like that. Super random yo

knicol

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
First time posting but i have been using this rom for since its inception and prior to that i was using thunderom. I recently came across an issue trying to pair a blueant t1. Every time i have tried to pair it I get the error "The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I have tried pairing after a complete wipe of cache, dalvik, and data. Same thing. Out of curiosity I also flashed Shellrom and it paired with no problem. Is there something i'm missing in the reborn rom? Is this a know issue? or am i just crazy. Any help is much appreciated.

rodcpierce

Android FTW. Apple FTL
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure that you are wiping everything correctly? Did you ever switch over to CM7? Just trying to figure out why all the hassle. This is built FOR our phones and should have no issues like that. Super random yo

I go into recovery, wipe system, wipe davlick, and wipe (cache I think). There is 3 options. I do this 3 times each just to make sure everything wipes. Then I proceed to flash the rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones