ARCHIVED: [ROM] Reborn ROM v2.2.4 - 7/24/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I go into recovery, wipe system, wipe davlick, and wipe (cache I think). There is 3 options. I do this 3 times each just to make sure everything wipes. Then I proceed to flash the rom.

As stated before, there should be no problems with this Rom. You may want to investigate why you are having issues....

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought that is what we were doing. And Jon, I have flashed CM7, but it has been quite some time ago.
ok not trying to be rude.. but when you wipe them... are you saying "yes" to wiping them on the next menu?

Also have you tried to do the FormatSystemDebug zip that is provided by Zefie in his Scott Pilgrim thread?

I had issues once going from CM7 based to Reborn and it was just not wiping everything like it said it was.

Other than that I cant think of much that could cause that.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
First time posting but i have been using this rom for since its inception and prior to that i was using thunderom. I recently came across an issue trying to pair a blueant t1. Every time i have tried to pair it I get the error "The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I have tried pairing after a complete wipe of cache, dalvik, and data. Same thing. Out of curiosity I also flashed Shellrom and it paired with no problem. Is there something i'm missing in the reborn rom? Is this a know issue? or am i just crazy. Any help is much appreciated.

Maybe one of the bluetooth applications was broken during png optimization or maybe my modified picasticks kernel took a poo on bluetooth. I'll look into it.. next week or so.

Thanks for the report.

rodcpierce

Android FTW. Apple FTL
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
ok not trying to be rude.. but when you wipe them... are you saying "yes" to wiping them on the next menu?

Also have you tried to do the FormatSystemDebug zip that is provided by Zefie in his Scott Pilgrim thread?

I had issues once going from CM7 based to Reborn and it was just not wiping everything like it said it was.

Other than that I cant think of much that could cause that.

Yeah buddy. I am hitting yes when it asks. I have done this a few times before :D I have done the formatsystemdebug once, but its been a while. I will go DL that and try it again here. Thanks bro.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah buddy. I am hitting yes when it asks. I have done this a few times before :D I have done the formatsystemdebug once, but its been a while. I will go DL that and try it again here. Thanks bro.
Honestly idk if its gonna help. Sounds like something strange is going on tho lol.

eracet

Mar 7, 2011
www.evolutiongamer.net
Flashed Reborn 2.2.1 over 2.2 and now some of my apps such as market and messaging are gone.
Did a dirty flash 3 times and those are the 2 (maybe more) that never came back.

I do notice that 2.2.1 is a little faster then 2.2 Just wondering why some of the apps are not working or loading.

I tried to reflash 2.2.1 about 4 times and it seems ok, but not sure why the messaging and market do not show up, everything else seems ok.
One thing of interest is when I did a reflash after it was done it came up with this error:

E: error in cache: recovery/log No space left on device

The odd thing is when looking at device room I have about 40 mb.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried to reflash 2.2.1 about 4 times and it seems ok, but not sure why the messaging and market do not show up, everything else seems ok.
One thing of interest is when I did a reflash after it was done it came up with this error:

E: error in cache: recovery/log No space left on device

The odd thing is when looking at device room I have about 40 mb.

I would recommend trying again but this time wipe both the cache and dalvik cache, this won't touch your data so you don't have to worry about it.

Not knowing an extremely large amount about android I can't say the following with certainty but it holds true in some other situations: system cache in some OS environments can be placed on a separate partition than the primary system, honestly I would assume that's how it is done on the phones.

If that is the case than you would get a false reading when looking at the memory left cause it wouldn't account for the cache in the first place... Again that may not be the case at all, I'm really not certain. Just don't know enough about android at this time. But I would still recommend wiping both cache and try again.

Last thing, good luck; and let us know how it turns out.

srthimsen

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You are correct, cache is a separate partition, it won't show up until you use the 'df -h' command in the terminal. Wiping cache and dalvik and reflashing should fix the issues.

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend trying again but this time wipe both the cache and dalvik cache, this won't touch your data so you don't have to worry about it.

Not knowing an extremely large amount about android I can't say the following with certainty but it holds true in some other situations: system cache in some OS environments can be placed on a separate partition than the primary system, honestly I would assume that's how it is done on the phones.

If that is the case than you would get a false reading when looking at the memory left cause it wouldn't account for the cache in the first place... Again that may not be the case at all, I'm really not certain. Just don't know enough about android at this time. But I would still recommend wiping both cache and try again.

Sounds about right to me. Wiping dalvik and cache should take care of the issue.

eracet

Mar 7, 2011
www.evolutiongamer.net

That worked great, Thank you very much

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I too, can't pair a device without Android FC'ing.
Also, it seems like the character count is overlapping where the Send button is. Is this supposed to happen?

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Also, it seems like the character count is overlapping where the Send button is. Is this supposed to happen?

I'm not sure about the FC portion of this because I don't use bluetooth devices at all, but I think the send button is an image issue. Are you running a theme? If so it is likely that the png was not properly edited. That button is a .9.png file I believe and if the borders aren't specified properly the text does that. I've had it happen plenty of time to me while theming.

antipunk

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

they fixed that for us already, just go to the themes thread and download the new black/white messaging app and wammo back to normal. i believe they are in post 3 in the miscellaneous downloads part.

harabai

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
this newest version of reborn definitely fixes the battery drain that v2 had. I think the ppl that noticed the battery drain (incl. myself) were not smoking crack when we reported it to this thread, while others would say it was something wrong w/ the user+phone, and not the v2 rom.

this newest version is awesome. battery drain is back to where i expected it to be like , like in nameless v1.

thanks for the update devs!

Reactions: omarnova

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
they fixed that for us already, just go to the themes thread and download the new black/white messaging app and wammo back to normal. i believe they are in post 3 in the miscellaneous downloads part.

You are right. It seems like the Mms.apk from that thread doesn't have that issue. Was this fixed or was this due to the PNG optimization that was done on this ROM? Hmmm...

srthimsen

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having problems using smartass setting my phone runs very slow when typing until i change to ondemand

I've noticed some sluggish response from swype while typing and swyping as well.

I haven't tried switching governors, but I always had better luck with interactive or on demand with my htc hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones