[ROM][WIP][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11 KitKat for Optimus S/V

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...mod-11-kitkat-optimus-s-v-18.html#post3434220 LatinIME is the biggest. Browser is pretty big too.
You can remove the apps from /system/app and install them with ADB or the file manager to move them to /data and free your /system space for CrossBreeder or whatever.
to increase storage the easy-to-install solution would be mounts2sd from Play. It's supposed to handle system and user apps both.

I have no clue what crossbreeder is or ADB?

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
What can be done with the low system mem in this ROM? Because the phone auto reboots alot

Also is there any apps you recommend to increase the productivity on this ROM?

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh dear. This is strange. Over the past couple days, Superuser started acting funny, like it wouldn't work anymore. (Certain apps request SU permission; I would be UNABLE to select Grant, and it would just automatically deny permissions) So, I dirty flashed the ROM again, figuring that would clear it up. Now it's stuck in a bootloop, and even battery pulls aren't helping. Odder still, even one particular bootloop last night got stuck!!

Got a BAD feeling this means having to wipe and start over yet again, lol...

Posted via Android Central App

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh dear. This is strange. Over the past couple days, Superuser started acting funny, like it wouldn't work anymore. (Certain apps request SU permission; I would be UNABLE to select Grant, and it would just automatically deny permissions) So, I dirty flashed the ROM again, figuring that would clear it up. Now it's stuck in a bootloop, and even battery pulls aren't helping. Odder still, even one particular bootloop last night got stuck!!

Got a BAD feeling this means having to wipe and start over yet again, lol...

Posted via Android Central App
I think your flash memory bites. Invest $25 in a replacement, flash that junk back to stock, and sell it on ebay.
:p

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Been daily driving it for awhile now. I have Touchpal, battery doctor, running around 480-600 CPU, pandora, rocketplayer, gmail, and banking app installed. Don't have googleservices and it wont fit (could shave space by replacing touchpal, cept I can't live without touch pal.
Launcher 3 kinda stinks, can't figure out how to remove apps or widgets from home screen! plus reboots on the launcher.
Not yet experienced reboot to the phone knock on wood!.
Would love to see more work on the SD card version, or some workaround for the cramped space and launcher fixed. Thinking of installing Zeam launcher though. Least bugs of any ROM as of late, more of sizing than bugs anyway.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Been daily driving it for awhile now. I have Touchpal, battery doctor, running around 480-600 CPU, pandora, rocketplayer, gmail, and banking app installed. Don't have googleservices and it wont fit (could shave space by replacing touchpal, cept I can't live without touch pal.
Launcher 3 kinda stinks, can't figure out how to remove apps or widgets from home screen! plus reboots on the launcher.
Not yet experienced reboot to the phone knock on wood!.
Would love to see more work on the SD card version, or some workaround for the cramped space and launcher fixed. Thinking of installing Zeam launcher though. Least bugs of any ROM as of late, more of sizing than bugs anyway.
not to hijack the thread, but...
There is ongoing work for the OV SD card versions... Skinbark has been busy or hiding out somewhere for a while.
I have a 'sprint fix' zip for my spinoffs... need testers.

Last edited:

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been on vacation, haven't been able to build roms lately. I'm going to try and get my sources updated and do a new build for the S in the next week or so. The S almost needs its own build with kitkat because there's so little space in system, the rom has to be heavily trimmed and optimized in order to run properly. The V has barely enough space but the S really doesn't have enough, you kind of have to jump through hoops. Of course OS2SD completely eliminates the problem, I don't even see a reason to run the regular version.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
there is an mms tweak you may need in my repo to get it to send/receive without going into apn settings. No feedback from any Sprint users yet to tell me if it works...
at the end of manifest,
<project path="frameworks/opt/telephony/src/java/com/android/internal/telephony/dataconnection" name="bigsupersquid/frameworks_opt_telephony-src-java-com-android-internal-telephony-dataconnection" revision="cm-11.0" />

is DcTracker with excessive hack (because I got crashes by trying to fix it in the 'right' place that I copied instead) to set initial apn based on a ro. config instead of the mIcc (fake gsm sim card?) setting from software that crashes and doesn't work right.

to cut some Mb and still have a default keyboard available, you can use the hacker's keyboard fork I put up and remove LatinIME from the repo...

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I do have an Opti S that was gifted to me, I may activate it with Ting (cheap!) for testing purposes when I get home, hopefully we can get the mms issue sorted out.

Boba Espeon

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
mms is working awesome on the V now. I just have no reports of what it does/doesn't do on the S with Sprint service.

Wait, do you need an S on the os2sd build or regular build to test? I haven't gotten around to backing up and repartitioning my SD card but I could always test the regular build.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Wait, do you need an S on the os2sd build or regular build to test? I haven't gotten around to backing up and repartitioning my SD card but I could always test the regular build.

Nope, os2sd stands for "operating system to sd card" its not Optimus V/S specific. Although, you'll need the virgin fix for Skinbarks rom in the first post if you have an optimus V.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Nope, os2sd stands for "operating system to sd card" its not Optimus V/S specific. Although, you'll need the virgin fix for Skinbarks rom in the first post if you have an optimus V.

I was talking about my build... skinbark's predates the mms fix. I have a sprint fix needs tested, I know my Virgin mms works fine.

beverageexpert

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
installed on my optimus v and have no english options. Am I missing something

edit
I see I have to install rom first then gapps

edit again
that did not work
my language is azerbaycanca

I need english

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I was talking about my build... skinbark's predates the mms fix. I have a sprint fix needs tested, I know my Virgin mms works fine.

I was just being fourm specific, and you're right as well, skinbark's ROM is not as up to date as yours.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
installed on my optimus v and have no english options. Am I missing something

edit
I see I have to install rom first then gapps

edit again
that did not work
my language is azerbaycanca

I need english

There's a work around for that, posted three or four pages back.

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk 2