[ROM][WIP][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11 KitKat for Optimus S/V

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Does Juice Defender help with the phone's randomly taking MASSIVE bites out of the battery when it reboots itself? (The lastest case of random auto-reboot was likely the worst: the battery on my OptiS was at a fairly decent 48%, but afterward had plummeted all the way to 12%...)

Similar problems occasionally. I don't know if a log of any type would help resolve this, but if so, let me know what I can do.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Actually, it IS helping. After installing it and setting it up, I intentionally rebooted the phone a few times (not including a battery pull when the thing froze up)...and it didn't seem to munch on the battery so much. On the flip side, I wound up having to get JuiceDefender Ultimate, because the regular one had a habit of randomly shutting the phone off outright, regardless of battery level, and it WOULDN'T reactivate without either a battery pull or plugging it up, lol. The Ultimate version's been pretty smooth sailing, though. But it definitely isn't making lunch outta the battery as much as it usually does. (However, I may need to get a fresh battery soon anyway...)

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Note that juice defender also has frequent updates to beta versions that fix all kinds of issues that affect smaller numbers of users. The fixes eventually get rolled into the release version, but if having problems/issues, it's always worth trying out the latest beta. You can find out about it here: *** JuiceDefender BETA: important announcements – Feedback and support

Note also that there are many settings that are invisible unless you use juice defender in advanced mode. This adds additional tabs to the user interface that are just full of settings. By default you don't see this stuff so that it's simple for people to use who don't care. But if you are willing to take the time, you can tweak how it works in great detail.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Yeah, I went into Advanced (later Custom) Mode pretty much immediately. Took a couple days afterwards to get settled - it would crash often, but not anymore.

There are things it seems that it can't help with, but I think that's just because I am really gonna have to get a new battery soon.

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
realized when using setcpu there arent no i/o settings so the battery will always be taking a hit. there are governers within the kernel but no i/o settings. no noop, sio, cfq, deadline etc. until they are inplemented into the kernel our phone will always be taking a hit on the battery.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Go to the V forum. bigsupersquid has taken the KitKat ROM development quite a bit farther. It has 4 i/o schedule's.
There are two versions, internal and external.
There is a patch for the S.

dhee9000

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not getting english. I got it the first time i flashed but then i reflashed and english not working. Only chinese or japanese or korean and something else called azerbaycanca. Help!!!

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Bean_Whiz ROM (Jellybean). Link2SD and your script. I have 82 downloaded apps (some over 20MBs) and still have 141.86MBs of 178.87MB internal storage space left.
I liiiike it!
I guess I need to see if it works with MiRaGe (Gingerbread) next.

Thought I'd put in another plug for my script. Andy's been using and liking with a few different ROMs now. Definitely the way to go if you aren't using the OS2SD build. Here's the link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=375959

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

cchamb2

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm running an Optimus S so I'm assuming I install CM-11-20140116-thunderc-skinbark first, OS2SD second, and then skinnyapps (generally???)?

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Last edited: