[ROM][WIP][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11 KitKat for Optimus S/V

Boba Espeon

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think the internal should work, try it with the sprint fix zip

Cool; I'll try that out when I get home.
Should SkinBark's CWM work with it or is twrp necessary? I guess I'll find out since I don't feel like switching recoveries first :p

Data works and the carrier name/model number are changed, buttons are not swapped. Calling/SMSworks. I can't tell if MMS works since I'm on Ting and MMS never worked for me. What else should I be looking for?Flashing Gapps changes nothing as expected, since there's not enough space.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Cool; I'll try that out when I get home.
Should SkinBark's CWM work with it or is twrp necessary? I guess I'll find out since I don't feel like switching recoveries first :p

Data works and the carrier name/model number are changed, buttons are not swapped. Calling/SMSworks. I can't tell if MMS works since I'm on Ting and MMS never worked for me. What else should I be looking for?Flashing Gapps changes nothing as expected, since there's not enough space.
I forgot the button swap. Thank you.
It's only set for Sprint and Virgin Mobile mms. You might try the Ting apns off of xda for mms.

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
installed on my optimus v and have no english options. Am I missing something

edit
I see I have to install rom first then gapps

edit again
that did not work
my language is azerbaycanca

I need english
I recommend installing bigsupersquid's OV rom which can be found in the Optimus V forum, it's more functional and up-to-date.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Lucky Patcher doesn't seem to work with the baked-in Superuser. Using any of the features Lucky Patcher has makes it swear up and down that:
"Your root access is not OK! You must have true root access to continue...
(please update busybox or su)!
Please install SuperSU ("Troubleshooting -> Install SuperSU (ICS)") and update su binaries with it."

Stupid Lucky Patcher...if this device weren't really rooted, YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO FUNCTION AT ALL.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Just loaded this version on my phone a few minutes ago. I'm currently not using my V as a phone; right now it's mainly a wifi device. I also installed the VM button fix. Wifi works fine, so I can surf the web. I may reactivate this V (and leave my Kyocera Event at home for a bit) to see how well the phone works, but I'll give it a few days. I'll put back a few apps later and see how well KitKat works for me.

Huge thanks to the OP for developing this ROM for the V! If you're putting up any updates, I hope you don't mind keeping up the standard version along with the OS2SD one. The standard one is great for us folks that don't have a lot of time to mess with ROMs. :)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
... If you're putting up any updates, I hope you don't mind keeping up the standard version along with the OS2SD one. The standard one is great for us folks that don't have a lot of time to mess with ROMs. :)
It does make sense to keep the internal builds going as long as they'll still fit inside the hardware limitations.
as far as updates, right now mine's more current. When skinbark gets time again maybe he'll release new builds.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Ugh!! I'll have to mention the specific apps later, bigsupersquid, but just when it seems like I've finally got things running smoothly...BOOM. There are a LOT of apps that installed quite perfectly but have various degrees of "it doesn't work". Some won't load at all, others make it to the title screen...

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ugh!! I'll have to mention the specific apps later, bigsupersquid, but just when it seems like I've finally got things running smoothly...BOOM. There are a LOT of apps that installed quite perfectly but have various degrees of "it doesn't work". Some won't load at all, others make it to the title screen...
try the os2sd, you may have less issues because it'll only use the boot partition of your phone's questionably glitchy internal memory...

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
its smooth as all outdoors. only problem is battery life. it doesnt last a day without dying. i have to keep it on charge to keep it operational

Try using juice defender with aggressive settings. It seems to help me. It doesn't do anything to help with the battery draw when your using the phone but helps a lot during screen off time

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

cheaphacker

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I have been a optimus v user since it came out and I rooted not to long after I got the phone. The latest rom I flashed is backside iho which has been amazing but I've had it since 2011? 2012? Many of the apps I'd like don't longer support that version of android (2.3.5) says something like package invalid. I'm a complete noob to everything you guys have talked about in these past 19 pages so if you guys could guide me thru to flashing this rom or at least a 4.0 android with full functionality such as wifi, 3G, wireless tether, speaker, camera etc I'd greatly appreciate it. And links to the files too , I'm not very familiar on how to use this page. Please help a fellow optimus V user ! :/

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Try using juice defender with aggressive settings. It seems to help me. It doesn't do anything to help with the battery draw when your using the phone but helps a lot during screen off time

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Does Juice Defender help with the phone's randomly taking MASSIVE bites out of the battery when it reboots itself? (The lastest case of random auto-reboot was likely the worst: the battery on my OptiS was at a fairly decent 48%, but afterward had plummeted all the way to 12%...)