[ROM][WIP][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11 KitKat for Optimus S/V

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
CyanogenMod 11 KitKat for Optimus S/V

This is a basic CyanogenMod 11 rom for the Optimus S/V. It has NOT been tested extensively and I take NO responsibility for any bricked phones, data loss or damages that occur as a result of flashing any version of this rom. It requires ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.5 or later, or TWRP 2.6.3 or later, in order to flash.

What works:

• Phone calling (ZVH and ZVJ radios require a patch)
  • SMS messaging
  • Wifi
  • Mobile data (thanks to thekraven)
  • USB tethering
  • Camera
  • USB mass storage, MTP
What's broken:

• MMS messaging
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi tethering
  • SELinux
  • You tell me

CWM 6.0.4.6 can be found in the rom directory. Flash Skinny_4.4_Gapps.zip after flashing the rom to get Play Store and Google Sync. Other Gapps will probably be too big to fit on /system.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nfgfef6qpril7/CM11

Contributors:

• skinbark
  • bigsupersquid
  • thekraven

Special thanks to the CyanogenMod and androidarmv6 teams, also gu5t3r for GOptimize.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
First! :) really enjoying watching this progress once the major functions are fixed kit Kat should hold potential to be more responsive then jb on our aging hardware

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
First! :) really enjoying watching this progress once the major functions are fixed kit Kat should hold potential to be more responsive then jb on our aging hardware

I hope so, It's hard to say until all the pieces are in place and its loaded up with apps. I agree it should be at least as good as jb though.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I say should be better then jb because jb just flat out isn't supposed to work with phones that only have 512mb of ram and kit Kat is supposed to address that issue

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Well I say should be better then jb because jb just flat out isn't supposed to work with phones that only have 512mb of ram and kit Kat is supposed to address that issue

Yeah it makes sense to focus on kitkat for this phone. 4.4 may be the end of the line for us though. We're already having to kind of jump through hoops as far as storage.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
dmesg doesn't say anything when trying to turn on wifi, bluetooth, or airplane mode in settings.
kernel does talk about the camera hardware when it's in use though.
maybe android isn't talking to the radios yet correctly at all.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Try this wifi fix in our init.qcom.rc

Gerrit Code Review

Whee!
Working wifi!
Code:
on property:init.svc.ril-daemon=running
    start get_macaddrs
#on property:gsm.version.baseband=V07u-000-000-MAR-23-2009
   start setapversion
this stuff, I disabled the GSM bit, and made it start the service regardless, but it didn't start the ril.
/system/bin/get_macaddrs isn't being built.

otherwise, the wifi fixes seem good. pinging Google.com in terminal works. haven't checked out the market yet.
View attachment 98086

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Whee!
Working wifi!
Code:
on property:init.svc.ril-daemon=running
    start get_macaddrs
#on property:gsm.version.baseband=V07u-000-000-MAR-23-2009
   start setapversion
this stuff, I disabled the GSM bit, and made it start the service regardless, but it didn't start the ril.
/system/bin/get_macaddrs isn't being built.

otherwise, the wifi fixes seem good. pinging Google.com in terminal works. haven't checked out the market yet.
View attachment 98086
That's awesome squid! I resynced and I'm building now. It looks like they got the webview issues straightened out so Browser might be working. This is getting fun :)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's getting interesting now for sure! Thank you guys for the work your putting into this. There's definitely people who said it wouldn't be possible

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Skinbark, in the kitkat? Thread I asked thekraven if he would mind a link to his cwm 6.0.4.6 in the op here since currently it's the most functional recovery that can flash the cm11 zip. He said no problem, if you don't mind I think it'd make it easier for anyone just coming into this.

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
New build uploaded with working wifi(!). Browser works (needs to be installed). I took LatinIME.apk (AOSP keyboard) out of the rom to save space. Install it via sdcard and activate it in Settings > Language & input.

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Skinbark, in the kitkat? Thread I asked thekraven if he would mind a link to his cwm 6.0.4.6 in the op here since currently it's the most functional recovery that can flash the cm11 zip. He said no problem, if you don't mind I think it'd make it easier for anyone just coming into this.

I have 6.0.4.5 uploaded in the same directory as the rom, I'll mention it in the OP for clarity. What's the link for 6.0.4.6?

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
;D
hude8etu.jpg

WiFi for me didn't work so whatevs. Kitkat is fun to mess with. Still haven't even thought about ART so...

#edit: is it normal for it to reboot when installing apps? :0

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I also got that when installing. Also locked up when rebooting normally a couple times.

Yeh locks up sometimes during boot and have to do a battery pull. I'll see what happens if I enable ART. (Probably nothing except crashes or stuff...) Seems pretty stable alpha 5. Good work guys! Running at 748/806MHz pretty smooth.

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeh locks up sometimes during boot and have to do a battery pull. I'll see what happens if I enable ART. (Probably nothing except crashes or stuff...) Seems pretty stable alpha 5. Good work guys! Running at 748/806MHz pretty smooth.

ART not included (currently won't build for armv6).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney