[ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v2.3 [UPDATE] 07/01/2012

Switched over from Hyrdorom to Dante Rom last night, just to change things up. I have to say, you sure got Dante Rom figured out! Running quick and smooth! I dont have the vid recorder problems anymore either. Probably was a ID1OT error! :)

Reactions: hlxanthus

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

I am using this rom and can't seem to download anything from the market without getting "insufficient space" errors. I did some poking around and found out that it looks like the dalvik-cache is taking up about 110mb and since its been moved to the /cache that only leaves about 10mb for downloading an app...
see:
Code:
busybox du -hc -d 1
110.4M  ./dalvik-cache
and
Code:
sh-3.2# busybox df -h
busybox df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs                   212.5M     40.0K    212.4M   0% /dev
tmpfs                   212.5M         0    212.5M   0% /mnt/asec
tmpfs                   212.5M         0    212.5M   0% /mnt/obb
/dev/block/mtdblock5    158.5M    135.9M     22.6M  86% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6    164.9M    135.1M     29.8M  82% /data
/dev/block/mtdblock8      1.5M      1.1M    380.0K  75% /persist
[B]/dev/block/mtdblock1    124.1M    112.2M     12.0M  90% /cache[/B]
/dev/block/mtdblock1    124.1M    112.2M     12.0M  90% /data/dalvik-cache
I tried removing /system/etc/init.d/05dalvik2cache script and rebooted to get the dalvik-cache out of /cache and back into data but then my /data is almost completely full and I can't put anything in it... What should i do to fix this? Is 110mb excessive for the dalvik-cache???

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I am using this rom and can't seem to download anything from the market without getting "insufficient space" errors. I did some poking around and found out that it looks like the dalvik-cache is taking up about 110mb and since its been moved to the /cache that only leaves about 10mb for downloading an app...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1566525

That is to a post for hydro from. Jstntp built an alternative to the dalvik2cache mod used in both roms. Flash the dalvik2dev mod to fix your issue. Please let me know if that worked for you and I will update the OP. Very few have had that issue and I never could duplicate it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Edit: The above link is now dead, here is a new link for it. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...terom-v4-update-10-14-2012-a.html#post1742621

Last edited:
Reactions: garbb

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Does this rom support mounts2sd?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

I never used it myself and have never gotten it working. Some users have reported getting it working. But I do not directly support it. Any issues you have must be replicated without the m2sd script before reporting.

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1566525

That is to a post for hydro from. Jstntp built an alternative to the dalvik2cache mod used in both roms. Flash the dalvik2dev mod to fix your issue. Please let me know if that worked for you and I will update the OP. Very few have had that issue and I never could duplicate it.

Wow thanks for the quick response. I will try this out when I get a chance. I think the reason I have this issue is simply that I have too many apps? I hope that I don't eventually fill up /dev because I'm sure that will cause some sort of terrible error... I was thinking that using an /sd-ext is probably a better way maybe? Is there any reason I couldn't create an sd-ext on my sd card and then simply replace every "/cache/" with "/sd-ext/" in the original dalvik2cache script?

I was thinking about how android normally works and it seems stupid to me:
Isn't the *.dex file in the dalvik-cache just basically a sort of copy of the *.dex file inside the apk? If so then basically the situation is this:
I found an actual example from an app I have installed: the *.apk for the app is 3 MB and the *.dex for that same app in the dalvik cache is 4 MB. So basically what happens is: when I install this app it takes up more than DOUBLE the space that I think it will in the /user partition (assuming normal android setup where the dalvik-cache is in /user). I found another where the apk is 17MB and the .dex is 8MB, so maybe these are not typical examples but you can see how the space gets used up fast on a device that only has about 100MB in /user and /cache and it seems kind of dumb that when you install an app that says it is a particular size on the market it can use up significantly more space than that on /user...

Unless I am completely wrong about this somehow...

Last edited:

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

It worked, thanks! Of course it takes longer to boot but I don't really care too much because I don't reboot that often.

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I never used it myself and have never gotten it working. Some users have reported getting it working. But I do not directly support it. Any issues you have must be replicated without the m2sd script before reporting.

What do you recommend?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
What do you recommend?

Using internal storage frankly. I can get 50 apps as log as they aren't all huge on there. Use the built in move to sdcard feature for most apps. I never had the need for more space.

I am not saying not to use m2sd, just that it is not directly supported. If you can get it working, please post a guide how you did it and I will include in the OP.

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Im having a rather frightning problem my phone is charging backwards! I put it on the charger last night a 59% i havent unplugged it but its at 6% and steadily decreasing please help!

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Does it show the charging animation or show charging in about phone? My first guess is either a bad battery or charging cable. Do you have another charger you can use? Nothing modified in the rom should cause this. I believe it to be hardware not a software issue.

Sent from my Crespo4G using Tapatalk 2

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Does it show the charging animation or show charging in about phone? My first guess is either a bad battery or charging cable. Do you have another charger you can use? Nothing modified in the rom should cause this. I believe it to be hardware not a software issue.

It does show the animation and it does say charging in about phone ive tried different cables and i use three batteries same results :(

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Then I would try booting into recovery and wipe cache and reboot.

I did that and it worked for a little while it charged from 15% to 62% then started going down again it drained to 52% then i wiped the cache again it was at 56% when i feel asleep i woke up and it was at 2% :( what do i do now??

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Honestly try restoring a different rom or do a full wipe and reflash this rom. I am at a loss as to a cause. I am really leaning to saying maybe your charging port is bad.

Did you flash in hydro kernal? How about restoring system data via titanium backup? Any information about what happened prior to the issue occurring that may have triggered this

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Honestly try restoring a different rom or do a full wipe and reflash this rom. I am at a loss as to a cause. I am really leaning to saying maybe your charging port is bad.

Did you flash in hydro kernal? How about restoring system data via titanium backup? Any information about what happened prior to the issue occurring that may have triggered this

It happened after i flashed hydro kernal i didnt install titainium backup untill i realized that it wasnt charging and i would probably have to wipe it

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
There is the possibility the the file was corrupted. Try redownloading anything you are going to flash

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz