Roms & Mods HQ (2/8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismartel0817

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I might have to get rid of Myn's. Every time I try to access a website it gets to like 75% and then hangs for a while.

Last time I used CM i couldnt get android market to work. Does it work on CM7?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Trey- Have you messed with the Cyanogen settings. It looks Vanilla but it functions like a Vanilla Rom on steroids

Chris- It gives you the option to install the gapps in rom manager I used a different gapps file but I would assume Rom Manager's one works almost as good

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Brett did you download the gapps from Cyanogen forum? Just not sure if there is a difference between that one and the one in RM.

Last edited:

chrismartel0817

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Trey- Have you messed with the Cyanogen settings. It looks Vanilla but it functions like a Vanilla Rom on steroids

Chris- It gives you the option to install the gapps in rom manager I used a different gapps file but I would assume Rom Manager's one works almost as good

oooohhh... thanks!

I might have to give it another try or maybe just wait for CM7. I really liked CM6 as it seemed fast and very customized.

Running Uncommon Sense right now.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Brett did you download the gapps from Cyanogen forum? Just not sure if there is a difference between that one and the one in RM.

I downloaded gapps from xda. They have a huge thread about cyanogen 7 and the link is in the OP. I don't know what the differences are but the one at xda was recommended

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I ended up downloading the one from cyanogen site and everything seems to be working fine. I had to give it a try after reading how great the battery life was.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I love my Tab its great for browsing the web and syncing all my work files. Before I use to carry around my laptop and now I can just put the Tab in my coat pocket.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I hope so.

Anyone using cm7 did you start getting better battery life right away or did it take a day or so. I have only been running for a few hours and don't see much of a difference compared to sense Roms.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
What do you guys have your screen brightness set as? I noticed a big difference when I lowered the brightness down to about 20-30%. Even that low it is bright enough

I don't know about all of you but I love that screen off animation. That is my favorite thing about this whole rom haha

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have my screen set on auto which seems to be much dimmer then any other rom set on auto. Brett your right the screen off is pretty cool I think that's why I stuck with omgb for so long. Only thing I really miss about sense is the phone dialer. I can barely remember my number let alone anyone else's so I tend to spell the name using the dial pad and now I can't. I try it for the weekend then who knows.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Nah. It def looks interesting but I cant put down Cyanogenmod 7. Even though they are just nightly builds they run so well. Trey you know you're missing the old droid experience haha. The best part, theres a new update almost every day and for the most part you only have to wipe cache and dalvik. I know everybody always says to wipe data before each flash of a new rom (and I am still a firm believer in this) but not this one. I've flashed 4 nightly builds without wiping data on any of them. It still runs as smooth as a baby's bottom haha

Thanks for the tip on this - makes nightly's a lot easier to work with as a daily driver! Just went from 13 to 15 and it worked like a champ.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
15 worked for you? I've been hearing that there have been a lot of fc occurring. I'm holding off until I here about an update for the fixes

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I installed it a few hours ago and have had no porblems so far. What's crashing? I'v tried Vignette, Nav, Maps, Wi-Fi Analyzer, Galery, Beautiful Widgets, Weather Channel, Messaging, E-mail, browser. No issues so far. Granted I have not made a call yet either! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61