Root Support

quantumiq

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

New razr m owner here. Just upgraded (off contract) with a grandfathered unlimited plan from the HTC thunderbolt. Seems like there isn't a lot of support for the m as there are the other razr models. Anyone able to help me with rooting my m? I want to keep the stock rom, all i need is the occasional option to hotspot when im not at home. Thanks!

bwat1009

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
there is a great thread on xda about rooting the M at this link Root your Razr M now - xda-developers. I just did mine last week. I will tell you this, read deep into the thread as the original version of the exploit was for ICS and they thought it would work for jelly bean as well but it didn't. There is an updated version with the necessary fixes for jellybean. A little tip, there is a point when you are instructed to hold down both the power and one of the volume buttons (cant' remember if its up or down but it will tell you) until the phone vibrates (to generate a bug notification and allow the exploit in). This is the step that everyone messes up at. The phone will probably vibrate once like it normally does if you turn the volume all the way down. DO NOT let go of the buttons, this is not the vibration you need. If you keep holding it, 30-45 seconds, the phone will vibrate three times in very fast succession. That is when it is ok to let go and press the next key on your computer to continue the process.

bwat1009

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
One other thing, the updated Jellybean version of the exploit is on page 30 of that thread, do not use the one available from the first page link, it is still the ics version

Boogan1

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If all you need to do is hotspot just pay a couple of bucks and install foxfi with the unlock key and you are good to go, no need to root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware