Root timeline

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
One thing im excited about is CM9. I heard the cyanogen worked closely with google on this. So when the phone is rooted, there will be only one rom i'll be looking to flash. :)

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I plan to root as soon as I get it to my truck. I know that "Nexus" is pure Google, ie no bloatware. But does everyone here think I am crazy for doubting even for a second that Verizon won't try to sneek something in?

There was talk earlier about Root Access apps. MyBackup Pro is the only way to go and being rooted gives it so much more awesome than the non root version. It's nice knowing you can factory reset and have everything back in 15 minutes or less. Hell, it even puts apps and widgets back on your home screens for you.

Third and final reason is my inner control freak changing cpu settings wanting to see just how long I can squeeze a battery. Something I am looking forward to after being a loyal HTC customer for almost a decade....

JerryRecords

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I want to root so i could tether to my tab 10.1 WiFi only. But now that I think about it, with a 4.67 in screen I probably won't feel like getting on my tab. lol who cares, I'll still root.

djwyman

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I will root for backups, and for cm8 since it will most likley have the T-Mobile theme changer so I can have things the colors I want them

D.J.

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
No root for me. I use the Good For Enterprise app to access work email and Good has administrator controls that will disable the app if root is detected. I would love to root for the WiFi tethering but work email with Good is more important.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I actually use Good as well. It was so awesome to not have to use a blackberry anymore.

Anyway I have rooted my Thunderbolt and have flashed a ton of things on here. I never had a problem. The Good admin has never detected root access and blocked me. Every rime I flash a ROM which had been every BAMF and Gingeritis ROM I had of course wipe, wipe, wipe and had to reinstall Good and reapply the PIN every time.

Never once blocked. Did it happen to you or did someone write about it in the forums?

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You may not have had trouble, but it is possible for the administrator to detect root and disable Good. I happen to work for a prominent mutual fund company with ultra strict security practices. My Good app would get disabled if I rooted.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

JoeProcopio

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
as soon as clockwork recovery is working on it, and there is an overclock kernel to get that thing up the the 1.5ghz speed the processor actually comes in...

Last edited:

JoeProcopio

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Root timeline.

I perfectly know what root can do but I ask to nexus user why using root since they don't need to remove bloatware, most nexus user don't theme the phone and don't need overclock.

most people who will buy the Nexus are power users, who want the best phone with the best specs, and OC'ing is probably the biggest reason to root...this supposedly will have a 1.5ghz dual core CPU UNDERCLOCKED to 1.2...i want 1.5 dual...theme-ing is probably 2nd most popular reason, although ICS looks pretty slick, it may not need theme-ing...

wireless tether, another reason...
removing ads from free apps, another reason
titanium backup needs root access
root explorer....
depending on how good the GPS is, (sucks on the Fascinate) GPS Aids needs root access

even if those are the only reasons for rooting the device, those are pretty important to me!

titanoman

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
most people who will buy the Nexus are power users, who want the best phone with the best specs, and OC'ing is probably the biggest reason to root...this supposedly will have a 1.5ghz dual core CPU UNDERCLOCKED to 1.2...i want 1.5 dual...theme-ing is probably 2nd most popular reason, although ICS looks pretty slick, it may not need theme-ing...

wireless tether, another reason...
removing ads from free apps, another reason
titanium backup needs root access
root explorer....
depending on how good the GPS is, (sucks on the Fascinate) GPS Aids needs root access

even if those are the only reasons for rooting the device, those are pretty important to me!

Out of those, the only thing i'm lacking is I can't remove bloatware (so what. I have mega room for those) and no Titanium b/u, which there is other ways to b/u everything. The only reason I would root would be for root-only apps I guess.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Deltaechoe

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooting probably within the first hour of my getting it, we all know there will be a clockwork mod released within short order of the actual release of the prime and custom kernels will be out probably soon after. I don't mind the theme of ics, in fact, I really like the look of the system, it's honeycomb on steroids.

Also, I like tethering and since I don't have real internet (go ahead and flame me for using 4g as my primary connection) and I will easily be paying hundreds in overages every month if I use a data plan that I can actually afford.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
If you have unlimited data now, your tethering plan is unlimited as well.

Better to pay for the service, than run the risk of them charging you anyway when they find out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac