rooted and wants to use stock Wifi

fire125k

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this can be done but I just rooted and want to use the stock Wifi. I know the last update removed the free app with the paid ver. Is there anyway to load the old one or hack the current one? I want to stay with the stock rom I did witch to the Bamf Sense 3.0 RC 4.9 but had glitches that I can't deal with. Thanks for the help.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
What?? Stock WiFi? just turn it on and connect to a WiFi network....

The free app/paid version you are referring to i believe is Mobile Hot Spot. Thats added to your plan and you have to pay for it. That has nothing to do with WiFi. Mobile Hot Spot is a paid service that allows you to connect multiple devices to your thunderbolt and use "its" over the air data to connect those other devices to the internet.

And i don't think to you can get it back I think Verizon put a total stop to it rooted or not.

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I believe the OP wants to steal Wireless Hotspot with the Stock ROM... and instead of flashing a different ROM, because they did not like Das BAMF, they want to get the old Wireless Hotspot app using their stock ROM... I'm guessing if the OP flashed a really old stock ROM... they might have the old Wireless Hotspot app... might.

Personally, I prefer flashing a different ROM... if Das BAMF 3.0 rc4.9 doesn't work, then try Gingeritis 3D.... or a AOSP ROM like CM7 or Liquid Thunderbread... just to name a few fairly good ROMs.... or some other ROM that has Wireless tethering capability.