Rooted galaxy warranty

Vibhanshu Vaibhav

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi friends,
i have samsung galaxy device. I recently rooted my phone and the download mode is showing.
Flash count: 8
current binary:custom

as my phone is under warranty and it is giving some problem with the motherboard, i want to get the motherboard changed by samsung.
Will they detect if my phone is rooted and is there any thing i can do about it??

Ps.i even tried installing stock rom but the flash count keeps on increasing only.

Please help

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Worst case scenario you'd end up having to pay full cost for repairs rather than having it reduced by the warranty violation. In many cases they do not even attempt to ascertain if the device is unlocked, but should they decide to check, it's rather obvious. Unfortunately there is no way to advise you of ways to defraud Samsung should they decide to check, so that'd just be a risk of sending it in. They're not going to confiscate your phone or anything, it is your property. They just might not feel obligated to front the cost of any necessary repairs. Depending on your level of expertise (you apparently have narrowed it down to the logic board), it might be cheaper to effect repairs yourself. Good luck and I hope you get your device working!

Vibhanshu Vaibhav

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
worst case scenario you'd end up having to pay full cost for repairs rather than having it reduced by the warranty violation. In many cases they do not even attempt to ascertain if the device is unlocked, but should they decide to check, it's rather obvious. Unfortunately there is no way to advise you of ways to defraud samsung should they decide to check, so that'd just be a risk of sending it in. They're not going to confiscate your phone or anything, it is your property. They just might not feel obligated to front the cost of any necessary repairs. Depending on your level of expertise (you apparently have narrowed it down to the logic board), it might be cheaper to effect repairs yourself. Good luck and i hope you get your device working!
thanx buddy
but i dont have any yellow triangle on the boot screen. However, i the device status under settings is modified. And only a samsung official told me that it is a motherboard fault, hence i am a bit tensed about the rooting and flaash count and all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrStrange