Rooting for the first time

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
That thread will pretty much cover everything you need to know about getting your phone rooted. That method will only work I'd your still running Froyo, if your accepted the ota update and are running gingerbread, it won't work.

Yes you will be able to tether for free after rooting. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jigendaisuki

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I haven't updated from froyo yet. Anything special I'd need for tethering or will I just be able to enable the usb tether?

If you just root and don't flash any custom roms you'll need to download "wireless tether" from the market, its free. Some custom ROMs, such as CM7, have hotspot built in.

Jigendaisuki

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, I tried the temp root, just to try it out and now my phone has gotten very slow, and I'm getting the "sense is not responding [Force Close] [Wait] Dialog box pretty often.. Is this a common problem with the temp root, and I should expect better results with perm rooting it, or should I battery pull and attempt the temp root again to see if it gets better

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
That's fairly typical for the temp root. Just restart your phone and try again. Visionary can be pretty buggy and sometimes won't even catch root or cause your phone to lag. The key is to keep trying. Once you achieve perm root you won't have any of those issues. Just make sure your phone has temp root before moving on, or it won't work.

Jigendaisuki

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Restarted the phone, tried the temp root again, it took a few tries before it went through but it seems to be working fine now, and I successfully tethered my sisters thunderbolt to test it out. I guess I'll head on to perm rooting either today when I get home from work or tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Resource1985

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
As of right now. Is there a way to root android 2.3 gb? Or do you know when we can. Sorry for bugging you. I am good with computers just trying to learn the androids. Its taking a lot of trial and error.

That thread will pretty much cover everything you need to know about getting your phone rooted. That method will only work I'd your still running Froyo, if your accepted the ota update and are running gingerbread, it won't work.

Yes you will be able to tether for free after rooting. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
As of right now. Is there a way to root android 2.3 gb? Or do you know when we can. Sorry for bugging you. I am good with computers just trying to learn the androids. Its taking a lot of trial and error.

Currently there is no root method if you accepted the ota update...a new exploit has to be found ( or htc unlock our bootloader). I've been keeping my eye on a lot of threads and the irc and nothing as of yet..