Rooting today? [let me help you!]

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
sorry to be a pain but im totally new to screwing our with phones but I would need this for the htc drives then right?

RUU_Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.03.605.10_Radio_1.02.00.0103_2r_NV_8k_1.37_9k_1.52_release_

Or are the drivers something else?

what, no you need HTC sync

jamushaggard

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Upstream... So i am having major problems getting rooted with the TB. for some reason adb is not working right or i am not putting the files in the right folder. how can you help?

httr

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Many thanks to Upstreammiami for getting me on my way.

Deciding now whether to try the rest myself.

A question. If you "Permroot" does that mean that you cannot flash it back to stock later?

Last edited:

httr

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
yes by unrooting

Thanks. Just reading over the root instructions. The only thing I am not clear on is flashing the image.

Step 4

Here you will rename the downgrade RUU as PG05IMG.zip and place it on your SD card. Then, run the following command:

Code:

adb reboot bootloader

Choose the bootloader option and press power; let the ROM flash. When asked to upgrade, choose yes. Don’t freak, it’s a long reboot.
Once done, reboot and delete PG05IMG.zip from your SD card.

Is the bolded part on the phone? The option will come up after that command is run?

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Just reading over the root instructions. The only thing I am not clear on is flashing the image.

Is the bolded part on the phone? The option will come up after that command is run?
yes the option pops up on phone screen you use volume up & down to slect options but for me it was highlighted by default you then press power button to select said option keep this in mind though the next time your given a selection volume up and down will be yes and no not moving high lighted options so if you hit down it will cancel update (firmware flash) instead of flashing ROM

Reactions: httr

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Can you guys tell
snap20110324_223347.png

Last edited:

httr

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
yes the option pops up on phone screen you use volume up & down to slect options but for me it was highlighted by default you then press power button to select said option keep this in mind though the next time your given a selection volume up and down will be yes and no not moving high lighted options so if you hit down it will cancel update (firmware flash) instead of flashing ROM

Thanks.

One more question.

After downloading ROM Manager, I use it to get the ThunderBolt recovery and flash it?

Files just finished downloading. :eek:

httr

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If the first md5 check sum says "The system cannot find the path selected", I just download the exploits.zip again and start back at step 2 "adb push psneuter /data/local/"?

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
there has GOT to be a better way than this o_O. lol. adb codes are ferocious. I remember using ODIN to flash a rom on my fascinate before i sell it tomorrow. THAT is easy. lol. urghhh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss