S20 FE camera has black screen

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Just bought this phone used for my husband from backmarket.com. The camera does not work. When the stock app is opened, you only see a black screen. I have read numerous sites explaining why this happens, but we believe we have the correct permissions for the camera. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Elizabeth K.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have tried Safe Mode. No change. I have tried clearing the cache and forcing the app to stop. no change. I also tried tapping on the screen as that was suggested in a YT video. We also have an error message that says, "Warning camera failed."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, that sounds like hardware failure. Is the phone still under warranty? If so, contact Samsung for warranty repair.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have tried Safe Mode. No change. I have tried clearing the cache and forcing the app to stop. no change. I also tried tapping on the screen as that was suggested in a YT video. We also have an error message that says, "Warning camera failed."

Try a factory reset with no backup restored and see if it works.... if it doesn't hopefully you can get an exchange from the seller :eek:

That's why I don't do used phones :-\

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it has a one year warranty. I contacted the seller at backmarket and reported this problem. They certified that the phone was in good working condition, I assumed that would have included the camera. So I am waiting for their response as to next steps. I will likely have to send the phone in for repair.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, even new phones fail sometimes. I have a reset on my list of things to try. However, does that mean all data is lost, such as photos, etc? My husband does not have a microSD card to back up anything.

Nobody should have to go through this, even for a refurbished phone. I have bought used phones for years now and I never had this problem.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I use Samsung smart switch on the PC to back up my device , also have Google back up in drive and photos and you should be good to go with factory reset to try

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers