S24 Plus gets my money

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
After going with the Ulta for the last 2 years, this year I'm going for the Plus. Samsung made so many improvements I really think they closed the gap between the ultra. I also don't use the s pen even when I try to commit to it.

Who else is getting the Plus?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Being outside the US or (probably) Korea makes the gap between the plus and ultra a lot wider and makes the plus something I wouldn't even consider.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had a note since the 10 and now I'm leaning toward the plus as well. I never use the pen and now that the screen quality and battery size and charging speeds are on par with the ultra thats probably what I'll do. Looking forward to going back to a round screen instead of square

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had a note since the 10 and now I'm leaning toward the plus as well. I never use the pen and now that the screen quality and battery size and charging speeds are on par with the ultra thats probably what I'll do. Looking forward to going back to a round screen instead of square
I only had one Note ever the 8 and hated it and it was so big. I had the 9 plus the 10 plus but I used to not do pop sockets so now I can handle the Ultras and love them mainly for the camera. I thought about the plus though especially since the battery is more but I di dread about Exynos but I really want the camera on the Ultra I love the zoom and taking moon shots. I really wish I knew how to use the pen more. I need a tutorial LOL! I just use it for taking a selfie I pull it out to push the button.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I only had one Note ever the 8 and hated it and it was so big. I had the 9 plus the 10 plus but I used to not do pop sockets so now I can handle the Ultras and love them mainly for the camera. I thought about the plus though especially since the battery is more but I di dread about Exynos but I really want the camera on the Ultra I love the zoom and taking moon shots. I really wish I knew how to use the pen more. I need a tutorial LOL! I just use it for taking a selfie I pull it out to push the button.
Why can't they just put all the camera goodies on the plus already. Maybe that'll be next. For me the pen is just gimmicky other than for taking pictures. I'm sure other people really use it for everything just not me.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Pulled the trigger on the plus 512 in orange. I waited too long to use the credits on more buds and get the most bang for the buck so I got a few cases instead. Looking forward to the switch from the s22 ultra.

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Im tired of the size of the S22 Ultra and thinking of going with the Plus model this year, Not sure it's worth trading that in for 650 than dishing out 400 bucks for the plus. Anyone doing that?

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Im tired of the size of the S22 Ultra and thinking of going with the Plus model this year, Not sure it's worth trading that in for 650 than dishing out 400 bucks for the plus. Anyone doing that?
I did just this. Trading in the s22 ultra on the plus. Price was like 379 but I had a 50 dollar credit and used the 125 samsung credit on cases. I'm ready for a more rounded phone instead of the square. I don't use the pen much at all. This year the specs of the plus made it a no brainer for me

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Orange S24+ last night. The trade in deal was pretty good, (trading in an old Note 10+), I was able to get a couple of cases and screen protectors for free and after all of my discounts and credits the phone will be 1/2 the price at retail including the tax!

Samsung has done a very good job adding value to the 24+. Higher resolution and brighter screen, bigger battery, faster chip set, stronger front and back glass, frosted matte finish, 4 more gigs of RAM, and finally S pen support, (nice--don't need it).

Overall I thought the 24+ gives the most value for the dollar and I am looking forward to trying it out soon!

***UPDATE***

Beautiful phone. Can't really describe how understated the Orange resort is... And that frosted glass back... Can't stop just running my fingers over the back lol

So far so good. Just waiting on some screen protectors and free cases. Oh one interesting point, I have a Nothing Phone 2 and as far as it concerns display differences I was kind of shocked at how muted the screen is with identical settings in place. Both screens look great but the NP2 was consistently brighter and more vivid. Never expected that...

6d9d8b6673dcb78adbd426a93ce13d7b.jpg
31e8d52a89162ee02c41c4f4e7707b9a.jpg
ed9ab3e5ec8fda4f548484f8a9b60b8d.jpg
96eab4268493489bd7a9a2898f45c635.jpg

Last edited:

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll add this, since there's no specific "what color S24+ did you get?" thread.

I got the Marble Gray.

Besides, AT&T only offers 4 of the colors. Violet, Black, Gray and Yellow. I was hoping there would be a blue like my current S20 FE. But no, not this time.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you're in the United States all S24 models have the snapdragon 8 gen 3 processors.

I'm so on the fence of ordering the plus this year. I have the ultra ordered right now, but debating about cancelling it and going with the plus. If I remember right you got 2, that's almost $600 savings. That's a good chunk of change. There used to be a lot of differences between the plus and ultra, but not this year. I wonder if Samsung did this intentionally since apple iPhone took the number 1 spot for cell phone sales. Who knows

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Both my wife and myself ordered the plus version. I don't use the camera gimmicks and she uses the spen pen for coloring only, I very seldom if ever use it so just made sense not to go with the ultra. Plus I prefer the rounded corners and not the square. Just my preference

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Orange S24+ last night. The trade in deal was pretty good, (trading in an old Note 10+), I was able to get a couple of cases and screen protectors for free and after all of my discounts and credits the phone will be 1/2 the price at retail including the tax!

Samsung has done a very good job adding value to the 24+. Higher resolution and brighter screen, bigger battery, faster chip set, stronger front and back glass, frosted matte finish, 4 more gigs of RAM, and finally S pen support, (nice--don't need it).

Overall I thought the 24+ gives the most value for the dollar and I am looking forward to trying it out soon!
I ordered the orange 24+ as well. I like the way they carried the color all around the edges also. I noticed that's the only color that is out until Feb 14th now. They must have sold quite a few oranges.