S3 Tips, Tricks, Battery Life (Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3)

SPRINGY81

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Hi mayerweb, I've got a problem with my galaxy S3 mini i've recently bought a samsung 32gb micro sd card however the phone won't save to this and instead saves to the phone's memory which is about 5gb. This is driving me crazy is there a way to set the phone to save everything to the sd card? I've been through the settings many times but can't find anything all my games and apps save to the phone memory. Also i can't connect to Samsung kies the phone connects to the laptop but not to kies. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as i haven't got a clue what i'm doing.
Thanks.

cgm707

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Umm, when I click on Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3, I am just redirected to this same post. If this is the right post, better organization would be nice, instead of having to read through everyone's questions and problems.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Umm, when I click on Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3, I am just redirected to this same post. If this is the right post, better organization would be nice, instead of having to read through everyone's questions and problems.

Everything in blue in the first post of this thread is a link to an article or forum post with information about the S3. Here's the first link, for example: How to set up your new Samsung Galaxy S3 | Android Central

dorabora

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow, very helpful. Thanks. May I ask a question? Have a S3 via Sprint and when email for Samsung was set up at purchase it was misspelled. Verison vs Verizon. Therefore the phone will not recognize the address for updates etc. And I have not been able to fix. Thanks.

mamabrumble59

May 29, 2013
Visit site
please help me understand something. I bought the galaxy 3 for 500 w3ell a bit more because the codes came with it so I believed I could go to any carrier with it. Now I read on your site all places are not the same and I bought my phone from metro pcs. I don't know what rooting and flashing means so tell me. Did I make a huge mistake?

jarusrawnuk

May 31, 2013
Visit site
My s3 Died last nite and wouldn't Turn on , So charged it over nite still wouldn't Turn turn on . Asked friend with same phone could i try their battery but phone still wouldn't Turn work. It's dead... what would be the best way to turn on it?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
please help me understand something. I bought the galaxy 3 for 500 w3ell a bit more because the codes came with it so I believed I could go to any carrier with it. Now I read on your site all places are not the same and I bought my phone from metro pcs. I don't know what rooting and flashing means so tell me. Did I make a huge mistake?

Ii don't know what 3ell is, but regardless of brand not every phone can be used on every carrier. In general phones that use the GSM standard (pretty much those with removable SIM cards, can be used across different carriers by buying a SIM card for that carrier. But you may only get voice, text and low speed data. Even within GSM providers, different carriers use different frequencies, especially for data. Some carriers use the CDMA standard, and their phones can generally only be used on their own networks, even for voice.

This is a completely separate issue from rooting. If you don't know what rooting is, don't worry about it. The warning above doesn't impact you.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
My s3 Died last nite and wouldn't Turn on , So charged it over nite still wouldn't Turn turn on . Asked friend with same phone could i try their battery but phone still wouldn't Turn work. It's dead... what would be the best way to turn on it?

You should probably start a new thread for this, with a subject title that is meaningful. There are a number of similar threads already. It sounds like a hardware issue, though. You'll probably need to return the phone for warranty repair.

sakshiv

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
my s3 was working perfectly fy9 from last 8-9 months....today i suddenly found that it got completely crashed after saying "system ui has stopped".....i was not even using it dat tym....i never faced any such issue....so dere was no need to reboot or recovery mode....n now i cannot even start it from the power button......it does not allows...as i can c in your earlier posts use "volume up + power +home" it z not doing any favours.....only samsung screen blinks den it shows android update logo for a sec n den gone....samsung screen again appears n den gone forever.....so hows it working actually....?? n wen i go to download mode the screen stucks dere for hours with saying "downloadin.....please dont target off".....wat next....???
both ways it z not working for me....and moreover i cannot use triangle away or factory reset as it does not even switches on....wat has happened....please give full details n kindly dun say visit "samsung service center"....it really sucks.....!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Download mode is doing exactly what it's supposed to. To use download mode you have to connect the phone to a PC and use Samsung's Odin app to download new software (e.g., a full ROM image in the form of a .tar file) to the phone.

The first thing I would try is a battery pull. Don't worry if you're still in download mode: unless you're connected to a PC and running Odin nothing is happening. Leave the battery out for several minutes, then put it back in and try to turn the phone on.

You say the phone won't turn on, but you can get into download mode, which means the phone is turning on. Please describe exactly what is happening, without contradicting yourself.

If that doesn't work, try recovery mode. To use Vol UP + power + home the phone first has to be turned OFF. So shut the phone down (or pull the battery and reinsert it). With the phone off, press and hold all three buttons until you see the Samsung logo, then immediately release all three buttons. If you're a little too early or too late releasing the buttons, the phone will try to boot normally. Power down and try again. If you can get into recovery mode, try selecting factory reset from the menu, and then push the power button.

Is your phone rooted? If so, what recovery are you running? Try reflashing your ROM.

If it's not rooted, and nothing above helps, you can use download mode and Odin to reinstall the original ROM. You'll need to know exactly what version of the phone and carrier you have to figure out what ROM to install though.

Joseph Lee4

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i have a s3 i tried volumeup, home and power, i wiped the cache, did a factory reset, reboot and then...... it still stayed on the samsung logo !!!!

- - - Updated - - -

i have a s3 i tried volumeup, home and power, i wiped the cache, did a factory reset, reboot and then...... it still stayed on the samsung logo !!!!

jennajohn

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I just bought a verizon galaxy s 3 from a friend three days ago and fell in love with it. The phone was pretty badly cracked when I recieved it but it still worked great I had no problems. I was on the stairmaster when I recieved a text... I went to reply and the phone slipped out of my hands and fell a good six or seven feet to the ground. The back popped off and the battery came out so I quickly put it back together and hoped for the best. The phones apperance is the same... not any worse than it already was but unfortunately the phone turns on, rings, alarms text messages and emails but the screen is just black. Help Please I need my phone.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Joseph, Jennajohn, please start new threads in the s3 forum rather than appending to an existing thread on a different topic.

Joseph, when you start a new post please provide details on what you did before this problem occurred, and what version of the phone you have (international or carrier version, what country and carrier?).

Lynda M

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
why is it when my phone is in driving mode, and the phone is on vibrate or silent it still speaks? If Driving mode is going to trump the volume settings is there a way to change this?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Turn off driving mode? The whole point of driving mode is to speak to you so you don't have to take your eyes off the road. In fact, the only thing driving mode does is speak, so it wouldn't make much sense to turn on driving mode and have it NOT talk to you.

bossmama613

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
hey i have a fast question...
my galaxy s3's cam wont take pics and it is not locked a pop up will say "cam failed"
where would i go to get it fixed as i have it pay as u go
and will it cost me alot??? :(
plz HELP!!!! lol

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm afraid I have no idea what repair costs might be, but before sending it in for repair I'd try software fixes. Start a new thread with a subject line that matches your problem and you may find that other's have had similar experiences and can offer help.

karenj49

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
screen frozen

i have an s3 which is 2 months old and for the last few days the screen has been just swapping from app to app on its own then sometimes i am typing a txt and it will focus on a past txt and resend it and now tolday i cant get into the screen at all any ideas

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1