S4, 10 million sold, HTC One ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Pretty funny that the first people to reply to this thread are all HTC One owners. What are you guys all doing it a Samsung Galaxy S4 forum (and yes of course you have every right to be here but why?)

They have to make themselves feel good for buying a phone for no reason other than... "it has such a pretty aluminum body"... lol

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't hear or see one person use the word facetious besides myself for months at a time and I come to the forum and have seen it more than five times in a few short minutes. lol Carry on.

I had the urge to respond to this post saying facetious about 50 times. But then I decided not to be facetious :)

"Worth is not measured in worldly things, but instead in the compassion you have given unto others." via my droid DNA.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Now that Samsung is considered the top dog (based on sales) in the android world their fan based is starting to remind of another company's fan base. LOL They are even defending some of the foolishness Samsung has pulled.

It's unbelievable the amount of loyalty one has over a company. What do get out of Samsung selling 10, 100 Million units?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I think this is pointless, there are choices out there! The HTC One and the GS4 are great devices and they appeal to different needs.

I'm still trying to determine which one is best for me. But I'm not worried about sales figures, I've never been! I choose a device based on my needs and wants, however, no device will always be 100% perfect.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of stupid lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Now that Samsung is considered the top dog (based on sales) in the android world their fan based is starting to remind of another company's fan base. LOL They are even defending some of the foolishness Samsung has pulled.

It's unbelievable the amount of loyalty one has over a company. What do get out of Samsung selling 10, 100 Million units?

Some important things you get from buying the most popular Android phone are product support, developers' interests, more accessories, reliable updates, etc. The APP for FitBit was rapidly updated to work with the S4 when it was introduced for example. I think every smart phone owner would hope that their phone sells in sufficient volume for developers, accessory manufactures and the manufacture itself to make it profitable to provide products and service for their phone. I see no reason whatsoever to not want your phone to out sell others. If I'm overlooking something that is a benefit of not having your phone outsell every other phone please let me know.

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Why all the animosity between the two phone users these are two Great phones who cares what your preferences is I have the Galaxy s4 my wife has the HTC One I have played around with both and they both have their pros and cons its all up to your preference on which one suits you at the end of the day it's a great look for Android to sell these two phones HTC One users are not the enemy and vice versa let's band together and take out these Apple iPhone geeks who stand in line for 4 hours just to wait on the iphone that has the same build and software as their last model but has added a new ringtone and a S to the end of it lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Both numbers are semantics BS, since are sell in numbers to their channels and not in any stretch the numbers sold to actual consumers. Easy to find both products, if the carrier or retailer is offering them.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Is this issue about Samsung trashing its competitor's products true? I think I've heard it somewhere but I forgot..

No it's about sales numbers reported by a phone company and whether the numbers are official or not. Secondly it's about whether the accurate reporting of sales numbers might affect your buying decision. Just read the OP and it will explain the basis for this thread.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Why all the animosity between the two phone users these are two Great phones who cares what your preferences is I have the Galaxy s4 my wife has the HTC One I have played around with both and they both have their pros and cons its all up to your preference on which one suits you at the end of the day it's a great look for Android to sell these two phones HTC One users are not the enemy and vice versa let's band together and take out these Apple iPhone geeks who stand in line for 4 hours just to wait on the iphone that has the same build and software as their last model but has added a new ringtone and a S to the end of it lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

Pick any two competing products, i.e. Ford/Chevy, Ping/TaylorMade, Apple/Microsoft, BudLite/Miller Lite, etc. You will find passionate supporters of each product who will trash the other side a tout the benefits of their chosen product. Why should cell phones be any different? You yourself are doing the same thing by suggesting, "...let's band together and take out these Apple iPhone geeks..." Why do you care about the battles between cell phone supporters? In this case both sides are Android phone owners and love their own choice in a smart phone..

1fishermun

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I've used both devices. I loved both devices for me I chose the gs4 because of battery life and external storage. Both phones are incredible, and deserving of praise. I'm very happy with my choice, and as long as Samsung is selling tens of millions of phones they'll be a target. I'm glad the one is doing well they made a great phone and so did Samsung. These phones are equally impressive, but equally different one isn't better than the other, its that one is better for you.

Posted via Android Central App

May 24, 2013
Visit site
The average consumer doesn't look into those factors before purchasing a new phone. And also, as many previous posters have pointed out, not even the current owners of the HTC One care about the sales of the phone. The product is top-shelf, and rivals every other smart phone to date. If it's "the best", it doesn't matter if they've sold 5 phones or 5 million. People will catch on.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The average consumer doesn't look into those factors before purchasing a new phone. And also, as many previous posters have pointed out, not even the current owners of the HTC One care about the sales of the phone. The product is top-shelf, and rivals every other smart phone to date. If it's "the best", it doesn't matter if they've sold 5 phones or 5 million. People will catch on.

I think you would agree, however, that the vast majority of posters and readers of the Forums here at AC are not the "average" consumers of smart phones.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Crester said:
They have to make themselves feel good for buying a phone for no reason other than... "it has such a pretty aluminum body"... lol

Read the rest of the thread. Then realize what you stepped into. Then rethink your next post. :)

I know exactly what I said... and I meant it. There seems to be a good number of HTC One users with [deleted by moderator]. They have this urge to go out there and "prove" to other people that they made the right choice by getting an HTC One. I'm a Samsung owner... and I hardly ever venture into the HTC One forums... but you constantly have people from the HTC One world coming into the Samsung forums to remind "Samsung users" that their phones suck in comparison to their ABSOLUTELY AMAZING HTC One's.

Just look at this thread... a post is made in a SAMSUNG forum... and a bunch of HTC One owners jump in to defend their phone. Is the HTC One forum that dead that users need to spend so much time in the Samsung forums???

Last edited by a moderator:

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I know exactly what I said... and I meant it. There seems to be a good number of HTC One users with "Small ***** Syndrome". They have this urge to go out there and "prove" to other people that they made the right choice by getting an HTC One. I'm a Samsung owner... and I hardly ever venture into the HTC One forums... but you constantly have people from the HTC One world coming into the Samsung forums to remind "Samsung users" that their phones suck in comparison to their ABSOLUTELY AMAZING HTC One's.

Just look at this thread... a post is made in a SAMSUNG forum... and a bunch of HTC One owners jump in to defend their phone. Is the HTC One forum that dead that users need to spend so much time in the Samsung forums???

Problem is, when a thread title boasts the S4 and also includes a slight jab at the One, of course both parties will come in here and sink their teeth into the conversation. Personally I see no real issue with it as long as both parties stay civil.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Dude everybody on the forums is here to talk and validate their decisions with their phones and roms and carriers and help eachother I see it on every thread

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.