S5 "check battery cover" message

KrautMcFriend

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
This has nothing to do with bowtards. This has to do with Samsung, again, being naive and arrogant with their software clutter, reminders and so on. This is a silly reminder that could be easily added to a list of options that you could disable.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you know what you're saying. You can disable the reminders. I did so when I first got the phone months ago and haven't seen them since.

whtciv2k

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
it doesn't give you the option to explicitly disable it right from the get go but after it popped up a few times, it gave me the option to "don't show reminder". it is also there to remind you so that you can be protected from accidental, minor water damage. Can you really hate them for them trying to help protect your phone?

whtciv2k

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked a little pin in battery cover wich appears to make contact with some kind of sensor at back (close to pins for wireless charge)?

Enviado de meu SM-G900H usando Tapatalk

Good call, if the back of the case isn't snapped on all the way, it will throw off that error constantly when the pins keep connecting/disconnecting.

ashaiw

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Got my S5 phone about two weeks ago and it does constantly display this "Check battery cover" message.
Tryed everything, change back to open and close it many times.

mklasse

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I never had random check battery cover issue until now that I am using S-view flip cover. the message randomly shows up..
I am pretty sure Samsung did not use sensor to detect the back cover if its closed properly, rather it has some "services" running that when that particular services get restarted/tripped, it will show the message.. (just guessing.. since opening and closing back cover without restarting the phone did not trigger the warning).

Estragoon

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I never had random check battery cover issue until now that I am using S-view flip cover. the message randomly shows up..
I am pretty sure Samsung did not use sensor to detect the back cover if its closed properly, rather it has some "services" running that when that particular services get restarted/tripped, it will show the message.. (just guessing.. since opening and closing back cover without restarting the phone did not trigger the warning).

Yes, i noticed this too. It's not constant, and i believe it seems like it only happens when I'm watching a movie. It's not constant, but it's annoying.

cskittles00

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Got my S5 last Friday. Even since, I CONSTANTLY get a pop-up message that says "check battery cover", as if it's not sealed. I have tried to re-seat it numerous times. It appears to be sealed, everything snapped shut.

Anyone else getting this?

I get it every time I restart my phone and I am afraid to put it in water for this reason. How do I know that it's fully closed?

Aubrey Hlungwane

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine started doing it yesterday and today i took off the battery cover and the battery for about 5 min. after putting the battery and battery cover back on, it stopped annoying me.

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I found my answer here Check Battery Cover message problem - xda-developers
Also a friend of mine red a lot of blogs and apparently there is issue between SanDick and Samusng mobile phones, they literally fry the cards.
So if you have Samsung phone dont risk and put another card then Samsung one or your card might be fry as well.

Huh? I'm confused. Are you suggesting that we shouldn't use an SD card because it could fry it? Seems counterintuitive since they gave us very little space, IMO.
I've never seen the cover warning, so I can't add value, this post just struck me odd... Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
That is just a default message, the phone doesn't know the battery cover is off or on.. Next time it pops up there should be a box to click to "Do not show this again". Click the box before closing the message. Sometimes you can get a message about the charging port door too.

Posted via the Android Central App

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I am getting this check back cover message constantly, something like ten times a day. I get it when I end calls, I get it when I turn the screen on and it has been off for a long time, sometimes I even get it when I close apps. What a complete pain in the azz. Seems completely random.

Being an AT&T model I am not seeing a checkbox anywhere to not show this again.

I do have the wireless charging cover (genuine) which starts and stops quite a bit once fully charged, seems normal to me. Unfortunately it does make the puka sounds all night, I had to use macrodroid to cut that out.

JimGirod

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting the same message several times a day. Seems like it started after Android 4.4.4 update. I did a Factory Reset with no improvement.

I have two S5's AT&T with S-View Flip Covers. Both have same issue and both have update. Only one was reset.