S5 "check battery cover" message

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine was warning me constantly. Another reason to upgrade to Kit kat.

Posted via the Android Central App

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't get rid of the S5 fast enough, I really don't get why Samsung is so popular with their software in that state. Annoying at every turn.

Steve Waring

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I get this with the Samsung flip case (wallet case) I bought for my S5. The Samsung flip case is brilliant, it sleeps the phone when you flip it shut and wakes it up when you filp it open.

nilam_patel

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Got my S5 last Friday. Even since, I CONSTANTLY get a pop-up message that says "check battery cover", as if it's not sealed. I have tried to re-seat it numerous times. It appears to be sealed, everything snapped shut.

Anyone else getting this?

Hi there,
I had the same problem, and I am writing this because I think I've found the solution. What I did was I took the cover off and I saw some point there two of them touch the points of cover, one of which I think is for sview screen and another one is for back cover warning. Now the problem was the two points in the phone went bit inside causing lose contact with cover points and the massage pop ups. I with care slightly lift them up and realised that actually they came up. And I turned the phone on. You don't believe that everything is absolutely fine now. Not a single time after that I got the back cover massage. but it should be done very carefully as this kind stuff is very fragile.
So, all the best. and I certainly admit that I've used samsung and Iphone, I found samsung more user friendly.

Ed Anderson2

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I think I've finally found the solution at least in my case - opened the cover and found that battery had a slight bulge - replaced it with another and have gone hours with no annoying messages. . Hope this works for you.

George Cassidy

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi I also get random "check bettery cover" message when i open my s5 phone, i have two back covers, one is original and the other is a flip over type, so i ruled out a problem with covers,
i read that it might be SD card issue, i had a 32gb scandisc SD in my s5 but i have just bought a samsung evo 64gb, and still get "check battery cover"
haven't done a factory reset.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
As far as I can tell, on kit kat, the battery cover warning is normal after a reboot - it's always going to pop up.

I'm rooted, and have it disabled via xposed framework.

Igmarg

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
If you're willing to root your phone you can rid of the "Check Battery Cover" messages for good.
Go to (I can't post a link because I haven't posted 10 times yet - ridiculous) gs5 dot wonderhowto dot com and use the search box to look for "check battery cover." The solution is titled "How to disable those annoying water damage popup reminders your galaxy s5."

Monseren

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem since 2 days ago when I first installed a 32Gb SD card.(Adata)
Also gave me the "Unexpectedly unmounted" messages!
I replaced the 32Bg with a HS 16Gb Sd card and all seems to be well again

karasahin

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Isn't there a way to solving this problem without compromising the phone's warranty? I almost gave up buying the S5 because of this problem, I was soooo ready to buy it and I'm very sad right now because it did a very long time to convince myself to buy a good, decent smartphone... :((

OMG this thread has 123k views, it is painfully clear to me that there are a lot of people having this problem. Samsung should have just given the option to turn off those pop-up warnings to everyone like in Verizon models! I want to able to use the phone without annoying me! Such a shame for an amazing phone like this!!!

Last edited:

Cam MacLellan

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I get this with the Samsung flip case (wallet case) I bought for my S5. The Samsung flip case is brilliant, it sleeps the phone when you flip it shut and wakes it up when you filp it open.

I had this same issue. Went back to stock back,
now it's fine... I couldn't even open a phone call because the check battery cover messages would come on.

WigglePig

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Well, I have rooted my phone and have XPosed and SUroot on my S5 and it has been really good. However over the last couple of days I have been getting the blasted popups again, even though it's switched off!

What's going on?

S Lim

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Isn't there a way to solving this problem without compromising the phone's warranty? I almost gave up buying the S5 because of this problem, I was soooo ready to buy it and I'm very sad right now because it did a very long time to convince myself to buy a good, decent smartphone... :((

OMG this thread has 123k views, it is painfully clear to me that there are a lot of people having this problem. Samsung should have just given the option to turn off those pop-up warnings to everyone like in Verizon models! I want to able to use the phone without annoying me! Such a shame for an amazing phone like this!!!

Mine is g5 (not rooted) with samsung genuine wireless charge cover. I have had that issue for almost a year until recently. There are many suggestions but I've never considered it being a hardware issue. One suggested clearing 'cached data'. While it mitigated a bit but didn't solve the problem. Another suggested replacing micro SD, so I got Samsung SD card but it didn't solve the problem. I didn't want to go through the rooting for various reasons, mostly I didn't want to get into another problem.
Lastly one suggested lifting the connector pin at the back of the phone, something that I dismissed all along. So I did lift those 6 pins in the back using small driver. That was over a month ago and ever since, I only got that cover message only when I replace the battery or restart.
The cover error message started appearing about a year after I got my g5 with wireless charging cover, so in my case, the issue was hardware, simply the pins were not making good constant contact.

Trust me. I've also spent many hours trying to find the solution. It may be applicable to my phone but those who are reluctant to root their phone, it may worth a try. Good luck!

Mojosan

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
After suffering with this problem for months, I swapped out the S-view cover (came with the phone as a free "$30 value") with the original cover and...problem solved!

The message used to pop up dozens of times, each time I used the phone. T-Mobile customer support was useless and reset my phone three times with no luck. Now I wonder if I will have the problem with other covers/cases?

Carepie

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Ive had the phone for 2-3 years now and the message never stops - Tried to remove it with several guides but nothing seems to work. Worst phone ever made

Hotspicytea

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Solved!!
I used to get this message throughout the day. It got so bad that I couldn't use my phone. Just typing a text message, it would pop up maybe 10 times. I tried rebooting, factory reset, removing and replacing back cover and always it would come back. I almost threw my phone away because of it.
Then I solved it and now I am free of this nightmare message. Ok it will still popup if I remove the cover, but not constantly throughout the day.
What did I do? I removed the back cover and with a tiny penknife I prised up those 4 or 5 gold pins that connect to the back cover, very slightly and I scraped those pins clean with the knife. That simple.
Now I am free to use my phone like a normal person. The only reason I am typing this is because I have seen the number of people frustrated by this problem ... by looking at the number of views on these forums ... so I hope I am finally able to give something back!!
Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332