S6 Edge - Screen rotation does not work properly

techman05

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
If you have warrenty use that. Verizon will send you an new one after troubleshooting if you have the right warrenty and you could get it in 3 days and have access to your current phone till then.

pretty sure the fast chargers not the issue btw I've been using it and my backup aukey products for about 8 months and no rotation errors the only urp i have right now is a memory glitch with 5.1.1.....That I have to remember to replace after reinitializing and testing with verizon.

elsonlam1

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, techman05 and Khi Lo.
I have been using the faster charger for about a month before the auto-rotate problem came up so I don't think it's the problem. I just want to cover all the bases. It has been 2 months since I got the phone and I didn't get an extended warranty with Verizon. Khi Lo, are you talking about the 5.1.1 firmware update? Because my phone is up-to-date. In fact, the problem didn't come about until a week after I updated.
I just backed up my phone. I'll do a factory reset when I get off work tomorrow since it's too late to call support right now

Scooter70

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I took my phone to the Verizon store last week. After showing the tech that CPU-Z showed no function of the accelerometer, he authorized a replacement. Verizon overnighted me a new phone and I had it the next afternoon. I used the new one this weekend and got it plenty hot (using Harry's Laptimer in my track car, while charging, using GPS, and shooting HD video) to the point where the phone shut itself off. After it cooled off, I restarted and everything still worked perfectly.

I think it was a bad batch of phones. If you can get yours replaced, do it now.

elsonlam1

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I had chat with Samsung.

Me: Hi
Tech Support: Hello!
Me: I am having some problems with my Samsung S6 Edge I was wondering if you can help me with
Tech Support: How may I help you?
Tech Support: Sure. I will be glad to help you with the issue.
Tech Support: I'd appreciate it if you could give me a detailed description of the problem to assist you better.
Me: The auto rotate function isn't working properly
Tech Support: I am sorry to know that.
Tech Support: Let me see what best I can do for you.
Me: The phone gets stuck in landscape mode if I tilt to either side by just about 20 degree
Tech Support: May I ask you a few questions to help you with this issue?
Me: sure
Tech Support: Is your device model SM-G925V?
Me: could you give me a second
Me: yes
Tech Support: Sure.
Me: The model is SM-G925V
Tech Support: Thank you.
Tech Support: How long have you been facing this issue?
Me: It just came up about 5 days ago
Tech Support: Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?
Me: My firmware is 5.1.1, I just did a factory reset on my phone an hour ago, the problem is still there. I'm not sure if there is anything else I should do
Tech Support: Did it erase all the data from the device after factory resetting the device?
Me: I believe so
Tech Support: I am sorry to know that you had to experience such issue with your new device.
Tech Support: I could feel the pain being in your position.
Tech Support: In this case, I request you to contact your place of purchase or insurance provider or carrier for replacement options.
Tech Support: Or, I will be glad in filing a service request to send the device for repair to Samsung service center.
Tech Support: I can even check for any walk in service if available at your location.
Tech Support: Please let me know the option you would like to proceed with.
Me: I guess I'll talk to Verizon first since I don't want to be without a phone for too long
Tech Support: That would be the best choice.
Tech Support: If they are of no help, you can always get back to us so that we will be glad to file a service request on your behalf.
Tech Support: Please make a note of the chat ID: ________________ fir future reference.
Tech Support: Is there anything else I may help you with as of now?
Me: No thank you
Me: Have a good weekend
Tech Support: We thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support, we appreciate your business. Please click on the blue ‘X’ button on the top right corner of your screen to proceed to the survey. Have a great day!
Tech Support: You too!
Tech Support: We thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support, we appreciate your business. Please click on the blue ‘X’ button on the top right corner of your screen to proceed to the survey. Have a great day!

I completely missed the "walk in service" option. I guess I'll google to see if there is a place nearby and try it. It seems to me that this isn't the first time someone asks her about the auto-rotate problem.

Eddhick

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I've had my (UK) Edge Plus 64gb for 3 weeks or so and I also have a rotation problem intermittently.

It works for a while but the gets stuck. Doing the hardware test with the accelerometer graph I can see that it gets stuck on the X and Y axis sometimes.

Usually to fix this issue I restart the phone and everything works for a few days but the problem always returns. Very annoying issue!

More annoying is how the phone takes about 10+ seconds to unlock sometimes (usually about 3 times a day) almost like something isn't responding but that's for another thread.

Being that the screen rotation starts working upon restart then maybe in my case it is something software related but it's strange that it also fails occasionally in the *#0*# tests.

uziandy

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
My note 7 just did this today....... I did a G calibrate from bubble level app...... did not fix then downloaded isysinfo app and it started working again...... never did anything with isysinfo though....... the app is on the samsung app site.......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa Oliver