Screen rotation button no longer works.

PianoGryl

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 phone. The screen rotation no longer works. It is green, but nothing happens when I rotate my phone. I've tried simple solutions like restarting the phone, sliding the button off and on. I've read that I should start my phone in safe mode and check app settings to see if they have the screen rotation turned off. I know how to turn on the phone to safe mode, but I don't know how to check individual apps to see which app is the problem. I'm not tech savvy at all. 😅 Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In Safe Mode, make sure Auto-Rotate is turned on, then open your browser and see if it auto-rotates from portrait to landscape and back again. If it doesn't, then it's likely that the orientation sensor inside the phone has failed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 phone. The screen rotation no longer works. It is green, but nothing happens when I rotate my phone. I've tried simple solutions like restarting the phone, sliding the button off and on. I've read that I should start my phone in safe mode and check app settings to see if they have the screen rotation turned off. I know how to turn on the phone to safe mode, but I don't know how to check individual apps to see which app is the problem. I'm not tech savvy at all. Thanks.
See if this helps to get in safe mode
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...sung-galaxy-s5-in-safe-mode%2F&token=4xwkEujb

PianoGryl

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
Okay, Thanks. I'll try that.

Hi B. Diddy,
Well, here's something weird. I went into safe mode and made sure the auto-rotate was on. My screen didn't rotate when I tried. So I figured it must be the sensor. Restarted the phone out of safe mode and now the auto-rotate is working. Maybe it was just stuck or something? Anyway, thanks for your help. :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,
Well, here's something weird. I went into safe mode and made sure the auto-rotate was on. My screen didn't rotate when I tried. So I figured it must be the sensor. Restarted the phone out of safe mode and now the auto-rotate is working. Maybe it was just stuck or something? Anyway, thanks for your help. :)
Safe mode mysterious fixes things sometimes

PianoGryl

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,

Oops. Spoke too soon. Not working again. Guess the sensor is on its way out. It's an old phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54