S8 / S8+ First Impressions Thread

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
To change it to use google instead of samsung - settings>general management>language and iput>text to speech and make sure google is selected.
I haven't to go back a few times and reselect Samsung voice off. It has reverted back on a few times. Odd.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Surprised you went from Note 4 to 8, rather than 8+. Display real estate more equal to the 8+.
I did just like him but went with s8+ , also my note 4 wasen't rooted and touchwizz worked very well in my case (even after so many years) i do miss my note but at least i can still do memos xD.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My Note 4 was doing okay, but runs hot with much going on (805 does that) and battery life is about half what I got with the Note 4.

jor1ge

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I came from iPhone 7plus to s8.
The reason I gave up my iPhone was the form factor. Too big to handle, especially that my work is driver.
I am very satisfied with s8.
Fits perfectly in my hand, experience is fluid eventhough iPhone is a bit smoother.
Battery is good, fast charging helps, and I hope to keep the phone and don't look elsewhere soon..

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
well my s8+ getting sold. the battery life is not good at all idk if i have a defective model. i do simple talk,text and facebook ocasionally. and it dies quick. verizons update did not fix the red tint issue for me i contacted samsung and they said i would have to send it in for assessment. i call bs because it has a 1 year warranty they should just replace it knowing that it had the red tint issue. im done with them. htc 11 here i come

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I came from iPhone 7plus to s8.
The reason I gave up my iPhone was the form factor. Too big to handle, especially that my work is driver.
I am very satisfied with s8.
Fits perfectly in my hand, experience is fluid eventhough iPhone is a bit smoother.
Battery is good, fast charging helps, and I hope to keep the phone and don't look elsewhere soon..
I agree, the 7 plus is a little harder to manage compared to the S8. The S8 is almost perfect for me. It's easy to hold, has a large screen, it's not as heavy as the iPhone, and has quick charging. I too am satisfied for now.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
well my s8+ getting sold. the battery life is not good at all idk if i have a defective model. i do simple talk,text and facebook ocasionally. and it dies quick. verizons update did not fix the red tint issue for me i contacted samsung and they said i would have to send it in for assessment. i call bs because it has a 1 year warranty they should just replace it knowing that it had the red tint issue. im done with them. htc 11 here i come

That's a bummer!! You would think that Samsung would be willing to bend over backwards for customers to fix any issue to redeem themselves after the Note 7.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that! Enjoy the HTC 11! I'm very intrigued by the squeezable edges. I also wonder if the dongle for the headphones with the dac inside, does that work on the s8 if you plug it in.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
That's a bummer!! You would think that Samsung would be willing to bend over backwards for customers to fix any issue to redeem themselves after the Note 7.

thats what i told them. i had to return my note 7 twice. i told them to replace it because the red tint is a wide known issue and they said oh send it in. i thought when you had a warranty they replace it no matter what especially if its a known issue. i also told them if i would have known that the update was not going to fix my red tint issue i would have returned the phone to verizon within my 14 day window. but no i put my faith into samsung to fix it and they want me to send it in for assessment. i call BS. they called me this morning for a survey on how well they did and i gave them "very dissatisfied" on everything and they still did not ask what can we do to help

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to hear that! Enjoy the HTC 11! I'm very intrigued by the squeezable edges. I also wonder if the dongle for the headphones with the dac inside, does that work on the s8 if you plug it in.

i wondered the same thing. i will have to see. when my htc comes in this s8 is gone! probably will never buy another samsung device again

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
My Note 4 was doing okay, but runs hot with much going on (805 does that) and battery life is about half what I got with the Note 4.
Seems like the regular S8 doesn't nearly heat up like my S7 Edge did.
4631015a51a2d36501206f065d921eea.jpg

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I think you're overreacting a bit the red tint is not hardware issue it's a software issue no compagnie would replace for something that can be fixed also i don't think samsung is knowned for good customer service lol + if you wanted it fixed why didn't you send it for assessment ?
On another note enjoy the htc man :) hope to get some feedback in these forums from ya :p ahah

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
thats what i told them. i had to return my note 7 twice. i told them to replace it because the red tint is a wide known issue and they said oh send it in. i thought when you had a warranty they replace it no matter what especially if its a known issue. i also told them if i would have known that the update was not going to fix my red tint issue i would have returned the phone to verizon within my 14 day window. but no i put my faith into samsung to fix it and they want me to send it in for assessment. i call BS. they called me this morning for a survey on how well they did and i gave them "very dissatisfied" on everything and they still did not ask what can we do to help

If you want... you should take it back to Verizon. They should ship you a replacement and then you can send your phone back in. They did it with my S7 Edge when I had a dead pixel. They did do a reset, so back up your data before you go in just in case.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Just ordered mine last night. Should be here tomorrow. Pretty excited about it. It was a great looking phone when I played with it a few days ago.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
If you want... you should take it back to Verizon. They should ship you a replacement and then you can send your phone back in. They did it with my S7 Edge when I had a dead pixel. They did do a reset, so back up your data before you go in just in case.

ok perfect. good to know

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I think you're overreacting a bit the red tint is not hardware issue it's a software issue no compagnie would replace for something that can be fixed also i don't think samsung is knowned for good customer service lol + if you wanted it fixed why didn't you send it for assessment ?
On another note enjoy the htc man :) hope to get some feedback in these forums from ya :p ahah

i dont think im overreacting seeing that i spent 840 plus tax on this device. i did not finance this device so i have a right to complain. like i stated in the post the SOFTWARE UPDATE DID NOT FIX THE ISSUE. so therefore i have a defective device

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Well samsung did offer you to send it in yet you refuse if i understand well ? i honestly understand the frustration that must cause you and i swear to god i'd be pissed too in your place but if you're sure it's deffective why not send it to them ? you can't expect them to send you a new one without seing what's wrong with yours.
Again sorry if you took this the wrong way not trying to say you're wrong (obviously alot of people know samsung are **** in customer services and so do i) i didn't mean in any way to offend you if i did i'm truly sorry :(

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Well samsung did offer you to send it in yet you refuse if i understand well ? i honestly understand the frustration that must cause you and i swear to god i'd be pissed too in your place but if you're sure it's deffective why not send it to them ? you can't expect them to send you a new one without seing what's wrong with yours.
Again sorry if you took this the wrong way not trying to say you're wrong (obviously alot of people know samsung are **** in customer services and so do i) i didn't mean in any way to offend you if i did i'm truly sorry :(

because i dont have a replacement phone to use. and send it in for what? if you know this is a widespread issue then they should just replace it. send me another one and put a hold on my cc if necessary until they receive the other one back a bunch of other companies do that. and i did not take it the wrong way im just frustrated with them on how they handled the situation. you would think they would be bending over backwards for us who went through the note 7 debacle. 2 weeks without a device is a long time and i refuse to go buy another device just to return it after they send me a new one. just fed up with them. if this was not a wide known issue i can understand sending it back but i have had phones in the past (lg) who just sends you a phone and you send the other one back in the box with a pre packaged return label

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Ohhh i see now and i think you're right with the note 7 debacle/fiasco samsung should be doing more for their customers SPECIALLY for those who had the note 7 before and had to give it back i personally managed to fix the red tint with the provided options but i know not everyone has that chance again thx for the info and hope you have a better time with the htc :p (or another s8 if you get another one). Still kinda sucks samsung didn't change **** for customer satisfaction =/

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Ohhh i see now and i think you're right with the note 7 debacle/fiasco samsung should be doing more for their customers SPECIALLY for those who had the note 7 before and had to give it back i personally managed to fix the red tint with the provided options but i know not everyone has that chance again thx for the info and hope you have a better time with the htc :p (or another s8 if you get another one). Still kinda sucks samsung didn't change **** for customer satisfaction =/

exactly. im done ranting lol i will stay positive and hope for the best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54