Sadly another leaves the G4

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Given the history I had with the VZW G3, I just couldn't go through it again with the VZW G4. I tried 2 different Verizon G4 units and both were extremely laggy with poor battery performance. The G3 had the same issues last year when it was released and Verizon finally issued a 3rd update by December that finally fixed the lag and poor battery. I have no doubt that Verizon will fix the G4's issues, but I just can't hold out until December, so I've move on.

Sorry guys. I really wanted to love the G4, just couldn't handle it any longer.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Wonder if it could be all the bloat Verizon puts in phones? I finally left Verizon and went to AT&T and yes, AT&T does have some bloat but, imo, nothing like Verizons :(

Stryyker

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello it's a shame on your country accours that. I'm from Portugal but I bought my g4 Spain online and came with almost 0 crap apps. Just some LG crap.

I disable and desinstall all of them, and I'm with nova launcher, but even with LG launcher I don't see much lag or breaks people talking. Is really probably the bloat crap Verizon AT.T uses :/ it's a shame

Enviado do meu LG G4

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Did you switch to Galaxy S6 Edge+? I just saw it (played with it) at Best Buy. It is so much nicer than my previous phone, Note 2. It does feel very nice and premium with a amazing screen. I tested the camera too and auto mode takes really good picture. I still love my G4 but I have to say S6 Edge+ is very attractive.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello it's a shame on your country accours that. I'm from Portugal but I bought my g4 Spain online and came with almost 0 crap apps. Just some LG crap.

I disable and desinstall all of them, and I'm with nova launcher, but even with LG launcher I don't see much lag or breaks people talking. Is really probably the bloat crap Verizon AT.T uses :/ it's a shame

Enviado do meu LG G4

I actually have Great speed and no lag with AT&T. :)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Wonder if it could be all the bloat Verizon puts in phones? I finally left Verizon and went to AT&T and yes, AT&T does have some bloat but, imo, nothing like Verizons :(

It most likely is! My brothers G3 was ruined with the last update VZW sent out for it. I couldn't recommend him to switch over to the G4 because I've been reading so much bad stuff with their version here in the forums. I told him to just wait for the new iphone. They're less tampered with by VZW.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Given the history I had with the VZW G3, I just couldn't go through it again with the VZW G4. I tried 2 different Verizon G4 units and both were extremely laggy with poor battery performance. The G3 had the same issues last year when it was released and Verizon finally issued a 3rd update by December that finally fixed the lag and poor battery. I have no doubt that Verizon will fix the G4's issues, but I just can't hold out until December, so I've move on.

Sorry guys. I really wanted to love the G4, just couldn't handle it any longer.

Its ok Scotty! I'd be pissed off too if I had to go through that. VZW just messes too much with their bloat on Android devices. Good luck with your next device!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Enviado do meu LG G4

Like I keep saying in other threads, I have a Verizon G4, and I have none of the issues that most people have. I have an app that's called lg access lock, that someone posted on here, that allows you to lock certain things apps you download to not do like keep the phone awake. Seems to help out a lot.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Like I keep saying in other threads, I have a Verizon G4, and I have none of the issues that most people have. I have an app that's called lg access lock, that someone posted on here, that allows you to lock certain things apps you download to not do like keep the phone awake. Seems to help out a lot.

Where is that app located? Checked Playstore for LG access lock, nothing. Thanks in advance.

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Did your phone lag outside of the messages app? That's the only location where I've ever seen lag ( and it was horrible while typing) but went away when I switched to textra

Posted via the Android Central App

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you switch to Galaxy S6 Edge+? I just saw it (played with it) at Best Buy. It is so much nicer than my previous phone, Note 2. It does feel very nice and premium with a amazing screen. I tested the camera too and auto mode takes really good picture. I still love my G4 but I have to say S6 Edge+ is very attractive.

But if you don't like the G4's battery life...

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I also don't have any real significant issues with my Verizon variant. To some degree, there's just a Pavlovian response to "Verizon" for a lot of folks. By no means do I think they can do no wrong, but Im more in the "you get what you pay for" camp with the network and reliability.

There have been issues with other carrier's variants. Didn't TMO have one specific to it?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Where is that app located? Checked Playstore for LG access lock, nothing. Thanks in advance.

There's a forum thread about it here. I think that's probably in the Sticky for overall issues at the top of our forum.

In the Play Store there is also an app called LG Access Permission Control that gives access to the Access Lock feature without using the steps in the thread here. I didn't need it because I'd already been using AL directly.

Either way, well worth using that feature.

8livesleft

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
+1

That's why I usually buy unlocked. But even unlocked some brands add a ton of stuff. Samsung does this that's why they need the absolute top processors.

I'm happy with LG since they allow you to uninstall most of their stock stuff. I accidentally did this and lost some good ones haha. Luckily you can choose what you want to reinstall easily.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard