samsung fast wireless charger definitely isnt fast

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
My experience with Samsung’s wireless charger is that IT’S JUNK. I can put my phone on before bed with about 40% battery remaining and when I wake up in the AM, the charger will be green, indicating a full charge but my battery will be at 50-60%.

Yes, Something is wrong here. Either with the phone or the charger.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Was at Best Buy, The Samsung Dude said Samsung is suppose to release a new wireless charger.
Has anybody heard about what he is talking about ?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Was at Best Buy, The Samsung Dude said Samsung is suppose to release a new wireless charger.
Has anybody heard about what he is talking about ?
It's the vertical one that some have mentioned they got with the Verizon package. Best Buy will start selling it shortly.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My experience with Samsung’s wireless charger is that IT’S JUNK. I can put my phone on before bed with about 40% battery remaining and when I wake up in the AM, the charger will be green, indicating a full charge but my battery will be at 50-60%.

I agree with the posts above mine. Your phone or charger was faulty as this shouldn't happen.

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I wish this was the case but I kind of doubt it. I’m on my second GS6 and both have had this issue. My wife also has a GS6 and hers has the issue. And all 3 phones have had the issue on two different chargers.

But it would certainly be worth my time to try exchanging both chargers back at Best Buy.

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I wish this was the case but I kind of doubt it. I’m on my second GS6 and both have had this issue. My wife also has a GS6 and hers has the issue. And all 3 phones have had the issue on two different chargers.

But it would certainly be worth my time to try exchanging both chargers back at Best Buy.

good here, 4 chargers, 2 phones, everything is 100% and stays there.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

give it a try.. see if you can get the new stand ones....

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Have the new stand version. Works beautifully and I'm quite pleased Samsung finally fixed the issues they had with their wireless chargers since 2014.

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge SM-935V

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Went to a verizon store. they had em. wanted 70.00 for the samsung one. Im not willing to give them 70.00 for one yet, I can use the plug in fast charger

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I had this exact problem on my galaxy s6 so I kept it but went back to one of my older wireless chargers. I thought I'd give it a whirl with my new s7 and it works perfectly 100% of the time. So now I switched back to using the Samsung branded one again. Until my two new fast charge wireless chargers come in the mail.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Went to a verizon store. they had em. wanted 70.00 for the samsung one. Im not willing to give them 70.00 for one yet, I can use the plug in fast charger

I just ordered a OEM Samsung(EP-PN920TBEGUS) Fast Charging Pad on eBay, with original Samsung Fast Charge wall plug and Samsung original cable I paid $29 delivered, should be here monday or tuesday. You could get just the Fast Charge Pad and use your original Wall plug and cable for $24..

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Using the bundled adapter wired will always be faster than wireless. I can't comment on the new 15w chargers.

I just ordered a OEM Samsung(EP-PN920TBEGUS) Fast Charging Pad on eBay, with original Samsung Fast Charge wall plug and Samsung original cable I paid $29 delivered, should be here monday or tuesday. You could get just the Fast Charge Pad and use your original Wall plug and cable for $24..
Be careful of fakes. The LED should change to green when the phone is 100%. And check the fan, a lot of fakes don't have one.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Using the bundled adapter wired will always be faster than wireless. I can't comment on the new 15w chargers.

Be careful of fakes. The LED should change to green when the phone is 100%. And check the fan, a lot of fakes don't have one.

Absolutely, I'll give it a good look over compared to my Samsung Fast Charge Stand, other then the desk base they are very alike.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thompson