Samsung Galaxy S3 charging issue

Ashish Chauhan

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I am also facing the same problem again and again have tried almost everything and at last gave my phone to Samsung people they changed the motherboard several times but still the problem is there..really fed up of this problem and now even the Samsung people are saying that they can't repair it..will never buy Samsung products again

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Some USB connectors are a little oversized, and should be avoided. If the plug seems to go in hard, don't use it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Laila Ali

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same problem. Its been going on for the last few months. Tried different chargers, and now, I decided to call Samsung. My phone is still under warranty. So I am sending my phone in to be fixed, and hopefully I will have it back in 10 business days

nath2014

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 charging issue EASY SOLUTION FREE

THIS PROBLEM IS EASY TO SOLVE FOR FREE AT HOME
right anyone has this issue read this and you will kick yourself!
it wont charge for the following reason's GO TO STEP 4 IF YOU HAVE TRIED THE FIRST THREE

1.you have to many apps open or downloaded some dodgy stuff on your phone(install a android app killer and anti virus from google play store FOR FREE!)
2.IF THAT HASNT WORKED try a differnt charger and outlet
3.try a differnt battery
4.PUT YOUR EXISTING CHARGER INTO THE PHONE AND WHEN THE CHARGER IS IN THE PORT PUSH UP YOU WILL HERE A SLIGHT CLICK AND YOUR PHONE WILL CHARGE
NO NEED TO BUY A NEW CHARGER ,BATTERY,EXTERNAL BATTERY CHARGER.... OVER TIME THE PORT HAS BECOME LOOSE YOU JUST HAVE TO POSITION IT RIGHT... I HAVE THIS PROBLEM, I BET SOMTIMES YOU TRIED TO CHARGE IT AND IT EITHER CHARGED FOR A SECOND AND WENT OFF EVEIDENCE THE PORT IS A BIT LOOSE SO YOU CAN PAY FROM ?20/?70 OR DOLLARS TO FIX IT OR JUST PUSH GENTLY TRY IT NOW EVEN IF YOUR PHONE IS OFF

Marty Wares1

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
been having the same chargingproblem for a few months now, i have repalced the battery (work with2 batteries trying to charge both as much as i can).Also use my wife htc charger and is just as slow, so neither of these options work :(

NeonZX

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Ahh see this doesn't work for me. I've got the same problem (or similar) with my s3 mini. When I'm plugged in and using it, the battery level still goes down but a bit slower. So I've tried my Blackberry charger and the same problem, aswell as using a htc charger and I found that although the battery still drains whilst charging with the htc charger it still lasts slightly longer than the other 2. However my battery still runs out when I'm using the htc charger and I'm very unsure on what to do :(

NeonZX

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 charging issue EASY SOLUTION FREE

THIS PROBLEM IS EASY TO SOLVE FOR FREE AT HOME
right anyone has this issue read this and you will kick yourself!
it wont charge for the following reason's GO TO STEP 4 IF YOU HAVE TRIED THE FIRST THREE

1.you have to many apps open or downloaded some dodgy stuff on your phone(install a android app killer and anti virus from google play store FOR FREE!)
2.IF THAT HASNT WORKED try a differnt charger and outlet
3.try a differnt battery
4.PUT YOUR EXISTING CHARGER INTO THE PHONE AND WHEN THE CHARGER IS IN THE PORT PUSH UP YOU WILL HERE A SLIGHT CLICK AND YOUR PHONE WILL CHARGE
NO NEED TO BUY A NEW CHARGER ,BATTERY,EXTERNAL BATTERY CHARGER.... OVER TIME THE PORT HAS BECOME LOOSE YOU JUST HAVE TO POSITION IT RIGHT... I HAVE THIS PROBLEM, I BET SOMTIMES YOU TRIED TO CHARGE IT AND IT EITHER CHARGED FOR A SECOND AND WENT OFF EVEIDENCE THE PORT IS A BIT LOOSE SO YOU CAN PAY FROM ?20/?70 OR DOLLARS TO FIX IT OR JUST PUSH GENTLY TRY IT NOW EVEN IF YOUR PHONE IS OFF

Already have all that stuff/tried all that and no difference in the slightest bit

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My S3 charged fine until I put the Otterbox Defender on it.
What happens when you take the Otterbox Defender off? It's quite possible that the case is putting undue strain on the charger cable or micro-USB port.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When I'm plugged in and using it, the battery level still goes down but a bit slower.
There are really only three variables here: the battery, the phone and the charger/cable. It sounds like you've eliminated the charger (assuming that you've also used different cables).

If you turn the phone completely off and connect the charger, do you see a battery graphic, followed by another graphic showing the current battery level and charging activity? The phone should only take a couple of hours to fully charge in this configuration.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

shelleyr25

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, finally solved my charging issues...I had my charging port replaced at a local Cellular repair shop for $70 (same price as Samsung quoted me if I mailed it in to them) and it is as good as new...worth a try for those of you still dealing with charging issues.

stanis58

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Previously some one mentioned about the USB Cable

It is exactly the cable problem

I have tried three new cable from samsung all of them got same issue,

Now I have thrown all my samsung cables and using the my old motorola razor cable no issue now.

My friends also have got the same issue

trogun

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
The problem is the usb cable galaxy s3 is so sensitive about cable connector.buy the expensive one then dont use your phone while it charging!

Param Rajeshirke

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Since the new 4.3 update my s3 says no to charge!
Whenever I start the charging process instead of charging It readily discharges...I tried changing battries...and trying out other power outputs...but the problem persists...also if it does charge...it discharges to about 50% in about 3 hrs of normal usage

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Since the new 4.3 update my s3 says no to charge!
What happens if you turn the phone off completely and connect the charger? Does the phone fully charge in about two hours? If so, that means that there's nothing wrong with the charging circuit. In that circumstance you may want to consider a Factory Reset, or even try reloading the firmware.

chrishood2

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I got my gs3 less than a month ago, it charged fine for weeks but a few weeks ago it started charging extremely slowly. Ive tried using an LG charger but still charges slowly..if i use my friends samsung charger it charges fine. What should i do?

Posted via Android Central App

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site