Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Issues

Jim Morrone

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
just did the4 new update and my phone applet still does not work..

thinking about getting the new LG phone now..

OMG, about 36 hours after I brought the new device home with 3.4 on it. the same thing happens.. On the phone with Samsung support again.. I am ready to go and swap it out for a LG or Motorola device..

Abbas Malik

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have recently updated my Galaxy S4 (i9500) to Android 4.3 using phone. The phone is non-rooted. After the update, sometimes, I'm unable to pull down notification bar (1). However, after I restart the device, it works well for some time and then again refuses to be pulled down. Even the touchwiz becomes non-responsive occasionally (2). Screen shot couldn?t be taken by both methods (3). I have read the similar threads on forums and came to know that many people are facing this problem.

I am of the view that these are serious Bugs of 4.3 that Samsung has to fix. Is Samsung doing something to relieve us from this mental strain? It is being said that Samsung will release short update in January to fix these bugs. Is it true?

junkneevah

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
is there any way that we can downgrade from our crappy updates?! d
i cannot stand how slow my s4 is now. i want to go back to either 4.1. or 4.2 i am not wanting this 4.3 anymore !!! D:

MrAnd3rs0n

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
The issue I am seeing is with WiFi after update to 4.3. I have been using the S4 since day one it was released on the same router. Now, with 4.3 update. It kept dropping my WiFi with message "Wifi network is unstable", it kept on dropping and reconnecting, my battery is draining quick. 4.3 update is really bad... I couldn't downgrade from what I heard.

To fix this, go into service mode by bringing up the dialer and entering *#0011#. Once service mode comes up hit the menu button to the left of the home button. A menu will come up. Near the bottom select WiFi. In the next screen you will see a WiFi Power Save Mode button. Press that to turn off the power saver on the WiFi and it will give you full signal.

MrAnd3rs0n

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting this unstable wifi connection since the update. But thats the only problem ive got with my s4..

To fix this, go into service mode by bringing up the dialer and entering *#0011#. Once service mode comes up hit the menu button to the left of the home button. A menu will come up. Near the bottom select WiFi. In the next screen you will see a WiFi Power Save Mode button. Press that to turn off the power saver on the WiFi and it will give you full signal.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Just tried on my Verizon Wireless and it doesn't work. Say call cannot be completed as dialed. No option for menus. What carrier do you use?

steve1081

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I agree with others. 4.3 has been a disaster. I kept deferring the install until it said "required". Then after the installation my Contacts are virtually unusable. My other applications are not so delayed, but Contacts take so long to appear, and then it takes even longer for me to type each letter in the search box, that this is completely useless. I admittedly have a lot of contacts, over 12k. But 4.2.2 was handling this just fine. Give me back 4.2.2, and don't "require" us to install any more of your downloads before you fully test and beta test them. Very unhappy.

Phantomflyer

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I was going to say exactly what you said, but you beat me to it. So far things are going very smoothly since the 4.3 update as of yesterday. I know that the factory reset is there just in case!

Phantomflyer

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
The new LG phone doesn't have an expansion slot for a micro SD card. That was the main reason I chose the Galaxy S4. With my 32gb card, I am storing heaps of music, photos, files, etc., and still have close to 20gb to go.
If I did go with my usually impulsive spending habits, I'd be out of memory right now with the LG. Okay, it has a slightly faster quad core CPU, larger and slightly better high resolution screen (not something my naked eyes could easily discern), good camera set up, etc.; however, I fail to comprehend how LG could manufacturer a phone with so many bells and whistles, yet neglect to put in a memory expansion slot. That's anathema to me. They wanted to compete with Samsung's "best of the best". In my opinion, they failed in a department that is vital to my needs.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The new LG phone doesn't have an expansion slot for a micro SD card. That was the main reason I chose the Galaxy S4. With my 32gb card, I am storing heaps of music, photos, files, etc., and still have close to 20gb to go.
If I did go with my usually impulsive spending habits, I'd be out of memory right now with the LG. Okay, it has a slightly faster quad core CPU, larger and slightly better high resolution screen (not something my naked eyes could easily discern), good camera set up, etc.; however, I fail to comprehend how LG could manufacturer a phone with so many bells and whistles, yet neglect to put in a memory expansion slot. That's anathema to me. They wanted to compete with Samsung's "best of the best". In my opinion, they failed in a department that is vital to my needs.

I've got more than 40GB of music on my SD card, so a phone without a card slot would definitely be a no-go.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

john eboy

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
EXACTLY...
I have run into all the bluetooth issues and find it very diciteful that they would just send u a mandatory update on your phone and when you do you lose things. That's a bunch of BS, I have to run around a lot for work and hopping in and out of my car was a breeze before with 4.2 I could auto sync seemlessly, I didn't even notice that the phone and the car were reconnecting everytime I got back to it.
Now every time I get into the car it goes through the searching mode and then can't find it. I have to manually delete and re- Pair the phone each and every time. What a pain in the ***, I thought that the nation was trying to get us to be safer and hands free was a good thing. you would think that would be one of the items those damn developers would "LEAVE ALONE" but No lets scrap that too.
Then to add even more anger to the damn update, they took the ability to "listen" to the text message coming in to the phone in the car. Now when I get a message I have to look at the phone and take my attention away from driving to see what my wife has to have me bring home on my way from work. NOT SAFE.
GIVE ME BACK MY 4.2 PLEASE....:(

Marwa Al-Dulaimy

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey you dont even know what the **** happened to my Samsung S4 after this ****ed up new software with knox bull**** I cannot download a single **** from google play store it keeps saying sorry google play is not responding on every app I try to download. Any suggestions? should I just format my phone to old software?? or what?

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey you dont even know what the **** happened to my Samsung S4 after this ****ed up new software with knox bull**** I cannot download a single **** from google play store it keeps saying sorry google play is not responding on every app I try to download. Any suggestions? should I just format my phone to old software?? or what?

I think people have suggested clearing the Google Play app data.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WAGB zone