Samsung Galaxy S6 screen overlay detected

Libbyira2

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I recently began having this problem:
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 with 6.0.1 android version.
Anytime I install a new app and it asks for permissions like access my location, a message pops up wanting me to turn off screen overlay.
I go to settings - applications - application manager - more - apps that can appear on top - disable all the apps - also disable all the system apps.
I restart my device and the problem continues.
I also went to developer options - simulate second displays - none.
Also I couldn't find the side key panel.
And I also tried going into safe mode trying to do these operations there - still no luck, just changed my display themes.
What should I do? I don't want to factory reset my phone because there are so much important things there and it is a big risk.
I restarted my phone after this, and still no change, the problem is still there.
I would appreciate your help, thanks!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Mmm my S7 is doing that since I installed Twilight app. I just follow the turn off overlay thing, set up the new app and let it do it's thing. Presumably is a Samsung thing? Perhaps the more learned ones here can shed more light on this... Welcome to the forums by the way! :)

Libbyira2

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Thank you!
I found the culprits, all the DU apps (DU Speed Buster etc).
But now that I have uninstalled Clean Master and the DU apps, which apps will protect/clean/maximize my phone's performance?
I have the free Kaspersky app.
Thank you for your reply anyway!

captivedroid

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Past 24 hours, I've had this problem.

The only thing I know that's changed is that I uninstalled all my Avast Mobile Security products because I was annoyed by the ads. (Also, I didn't trust the adware.)

Suddenly "screen overlay" pops up everywhere.

eale570

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I found my issue was the app "twilight" and app that takes the blue out of the display at sundown. When it was installed all the apps started working again.