Samsung Galaxy S7 incompatibllity with Toyota Bluetooth

jssaia01

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I have been having a reoccurring problem with my Galaxy S7 staying paired on my Toyota Camry Bluetooth. The signal would drop after 2 or 3 minutes.I tried a factory reset on my phone and it worked fine until I agreed to update the software on the phone. After the update, the Bluetooth signal would drop after 2 minutes just as previously. So... I re-did the factory reset and this time did not update the software even though the phone keeps reminding me to. So far so good no dropped Bluetooth signal. I believe that he software update is the culprit. I called Samsung and my phone carrier and got no constructive help! Anyone else having this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Doing a factory reset wouldn't downgrade the OS to the previous version, so I'm not sure it's related to a recent system update (unless you're talking about an update to an app, rather than to the system).

Do you have any other Bluetooth devices in the car with you that might be competing for the connection (like a headset or a smartwatch)?

Rob_B

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My s7 works &connects every time I get in my 2015 Toyota Rav4. B.Diddy is right ...a factory reset doesn't downgrade the OS, it loads a clean version on it and returns it to a state where it has no user loaded apps.
Edit: try forgetting the connection & re-pairing your phone to the camry.
FYI I'm on verizonwireless.

Last edited:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not just the phone. Your phone and your car's BT version have to work together. If you can't get it working properly with phone updates, find out if you have the latest update from Toyota.

Galileo424

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
I have been having a reoccurring problem with my Galaxy S7 staying paired on my Toyota Camry Bluetooth. The signal would drop after 2 or 3 minutes.I tried a factory reset on my phone and it worked fine until I agreed to update the software on the phone. After the update, the Bluetooth signal would drop after 2 minutes just as previously. So... I re-did the factory reset and this time did not update the software even though the phone keeps reminding me to. So far so good no dropped Bluetooth signal. I believe that he software update is the culprit. I called Samsung and my phone carrier and got no constructive help! Anyone else having this issue?

I'm having the exact same problem. S7 and 2012 Camry Bluetooth. Never happened with my Galaxy S4. But with the S7, I get intermittent, unpredictable disconnects. When I try to re-link the device to the car, the car's system says it can find no Bluetooth devices to connect to. With ten minutes of retries, they suddenly find one another, and it may work for ten minutes, or an entire week. Only to disconnect again, with no ability to re link them. Either Toyota or Samsung have to do a compatibility update.

npunk42

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I was putting up with that problem for over a year. It was getting worse, I would be on a call and the radio would reset. I was shopping radios, and phones, but as a last resort I did the factory reset its been 3 day and no problems. I will add apps one at a time and not delete anything that came stock on the phone with the reset. I think I may have disabled or deleted "bloatware " apps that had a detrimental effect on the radio/phone interaction. So far so good.

Greent24

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
I have a 2018 Camry also. My Bluetooth worked fine until I got an update on my phone. Now it keeps disconnecting ever few seconds. I've factory reset my phone & it still does the same.

Rob_B

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My 2015 Rav4 Limited wouldn't connect via Bluetooth after latest update on my Galaxy S7 and my wife's iPhone 7 until I went to the dealership and they flashed an update to my Nav/Sound system. Works fine again.

saraujo2

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2015 Toyota Prius with the same exact issue described in this thread. I took my car to the dealership, they "flashed" my system, which cost something like $150. I still have the same issue. Also noteworthy, I had this same exact issue with my 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD! Very frustrating that no one has a solid solution. So much for having a car with Bluetooth that doesn't work like it's supposed to...

jack7206

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
My Galaxy S7 does work with my Toyota Camry xse 2018. However the audio player doesn't as it won't connect (get message that portable player is not connected).....
So...I setup my Apple IPod as a second device and use that through the Bluetooth to play my music.
I use the S7 for the GPS

Looks like Toyota and the S7 can't communicate. Don't know if Toyota or Samsung will make a fix to make them compatible with each other

Ugo Bardi

Sep 28, 2018
Visit site
Same problem here: Samsung Galaxy S7 and Toyota Auris 2014. It works erratically - sometimes it doesn't connect at all, sometimes it connects for two minutes and then the connection drops.

Can anyone suggest how to fix this problem?

U

My Galaxy S7 does work with my Toyota Camry xse 2018. However the audio player doesn't as it won't connect (get message that portable player is not connected).....
So...I setup my Apple IPod as a second device and use that through the Bluetooth to play my music.
I use the S7 for the GPS

Looks like Toyota and the S7 can't communicate. Don't know if Toyota or Samsung will make a fix to make them compatible with each other

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novigator