Samsung giving money back

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this has been mentioned already so forgive me if it has but I couldn't see.

If you pre-ordered your Samsung from them, Best Buy are now selling it $200 cheaper and Samsung are refunding people who ask for the price difference as per their price match policy.

Thanks to Max Weinbech who put this on Twitter who highlighted it.

I Contacted them over live chat the other day, and they just emailed me to tell me the $200 is on his way back to me.

This is separate from the $200 credit that you were given towards accessories with pre-orders

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been mentioned already so forgive me if it has but I couldn't see.

If you pre-ordered your Samsung from them, Best Buy are now selling it $200 cheaper and Samsung are refunding people who ask for the price difference as per their price match policy.

I Contacted them over live chat the other day, and they just emailed me to tell me the $200 is on his way back to me.

This is separate from the $200 credit that you were given towards accessories with pre-orders

Only if you bought from Best Buy or if you ordered from Samsung directly. random people cuz I just look Best Buy does have it for 1179 for the 512 GB Verizon. But if you call Samsung and tell him you want to return and buy from Best Buy cuz it's $200 cheaper than I'll lose all my credits correct? Who's giving you $200 credit Samsung or Best Buy sorry I'm confused?

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I just did a live chat andv to said since I'm carrier financed all they could do was give me a $200 promo code. They couldn't just do a refund.

Did you carrier finance?

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Saw this on Bestbuy.com earlier. I make it a habit to check for price matches. You'd be surprised how often it works. Chatted with Samsung and they are refunding $150. The chat agent said that the Bestbuy screenshot I provided states that the price of $649 is with "activation today", and that Samsung does not price match those devices. The agent requested I send a screenshot of the price stating it could be activated later. I threw a little bit of a fit and he agreed to refund $150 instead of $200. I said ok, I will take it.

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing if I bought the t-mobile version on Samsung, this won't work since Best Buy doesn't carry t-mobile devices?

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Live chat said no because my return period is over, By 1 day! I would of never traded in my phone at that price. Meanwhile they haven't even confirmed i'm getting the full trade-In value

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
That's why I'm not getting a refund then since I carrier financed but guess I'll take the$200 promo code and get something else. Even though I really don't need anything.

Ah, if you bought outright vs. carrier financing. I see. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. I'm in the market for a tablet so $200 off would be nice. Thanks OP for the info.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I should have been clearer the full stop if you bought from samsung, Best buy are now $200 cheaper so Samsung are price matching retrospectively and giving refunds

Well I did a chat with Samsung he said they don't price match carrier activation phones. I think that's what he said cuz I looked and I saw it on Best Buy and it had the monthly payments and then it had the full price of the phone which was $200 cheaper. We bought outright so I don't get it.

But we got so much an accessory credit like almost $300 that it wasn't a big deal but I thought I would try to get it.

He said if we just kept the phones and didn't return them to go to Best Buy that he would give us a 10% credit off both of our orders so that was nice I took that. It would have been too much trouble to return and go rebuy and then lose all that accessory credit and then you'd have to set up a whole new phone.

Last edited:

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Well I did a chat with Samsung he said they don't price match carrier activation phones. I think that's what he said cuz I looked and I saw it on Best Buy and it had the monthly payments and then it had the full price of the phone which was $200 cheaper. But we got so much an accessory credit like almost $300 that it wasn't a big deal but I thought I would try to get it.

He said if we just kept the phones and didn't return them to go to Best Buy that he would give us a 10% credit off both of our orders so that was nice I took that. It would have been too much trouble to return and go rebuy and then lose all that accessory credit and then you'd have to set up a whole new phone.

Sounds like folks are hearing different stories. Thanks for sharing.

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
They told me they won't price match because they only price match Best Buy's "Activate Later" prices, not "Activate Today" prices.

Which I think is ridiculous...

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just did a live chat andv to said since I'm carrier financed all they could do was give me a $200 promo code. They couldn't just do a refund.

well I did a chat and we're not carrier finance we bought our phones out right but their Verizon phones and he said something about because they're Verizon carry your phones we couldn't get the $200 I don't understand but he said he would give us 10% credit which I took. So I assumed it was for somebody that was doing a 24-month financing maybe I was confused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali