Samsung Smart Lock - Best Bluetooth Device to keep phone unlocked?

d4005

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for some bluetooth devices that serve no purpose other than to keep my phone smart-unlocked (using the Samsung Smart Lock feature). Since they stopped allowing NFC to unlock, and GPS isn't what I want, I'm forced to use Bluetooth.

I've already set my car's bluetooth connection as a trusted device and that works fine (phone is in car, phone is unlocked). I also have my Galaxy Watch doing the job as well. That would seem like an ideal solution, but (a) it isn't as reliable as it should be, the phone is often still locked despite being 2 feet from the watch (and more importantly, the watch and phone are both showing that they're connected to each other via bluetooth so how can it not be unlocked, go figure), and (b) the Galaxy Watch is garbage and I want to retire it.

So I'm looking for some kind of (hopefully cheap) device(s) that I can have in the key rooms in the house where I use my phone, and one I can keep with me when I'm out and about.

There are many cheap little bluetooth things, like tiny remote controls (for selfies) but they only connect for a short time and after a timeout they go to sleep.

Anybody else adopted this strategy and found something that works?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogerinsg99