Screen Burn

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Recently changed my wallpaper to something a little lighter in color than usual. Noticed that my keyboard is burned into the screen along with a couple of various icons along the right side of the screen. One appears to be some sort of search icon, another looks to be a volume adjuster, and I can't quite make out the 3rd.

Seems odd to me because even though it's not uncommon for me to set my phone down while in the middle of typing an email or text, I have my screen set to turn off after 1 min of inactivity. So it's not like my keyboard would be pulled up and sitting there for 20 min at a time. I could definitely understand the burn in then.

As for the icons I see on the side of my screen, I have no clue where they came from. I can't think of any apps I use that would have those kinds of icons in that particular location.

Anyway, phone is less than 1 yr old. Still under warranty so a replacement is already on the way. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or what I could do to prevent it from happening to my replacement once it arrives.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
You're right. I definitely should have revived the thread about burn in while using VR because that's totally what I'm dealing with. Or maybe I could have revived the thread from 2017 about Pandora burn with a phone that was only a few weeks old because that's obviously the same issue I'm having. I suppose I also could have could have asked my question in the thread about AOD Burn In. Those are all great options. Thank you Mr. Forum Police. You've been most helpful.