Screen not turning off

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry if this has been asked. I tried a couple different ways to search and found nothing.

What my problems is, is that I have noticed in the last day or so my screen not turning off when suppose to. I have it set to turn off after 30 seconds and it just stays on.

This obviously drains the battery pretty quick but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. I can let the phone sit on the desk and the screen doesn't dim nor does it lock itself.

The only way I can get it to lock and dim the screen is by pushing the button on the top of the phone to lock it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Waggie

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
first of all have you tried to restart your droid? And have you downloaded any app's about the time you started having the problem? Are you rooted and do you have a nandroid back up?

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I ended up power cycing the phone.. my phone is not rooted.. I do have android backup.. Don't know what it does.. Really not worried about something backing up as all my email stuff is on exchange.. I did notice that the back up drains the battery quicker.. Sadly I did download a lot of apps so I don't know which one it was that could have caused it. but rebooting the phone solved it.. Hmm.
thanks for your input on this..

nightangelstars

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I have recently been experiencing a similar problem with my Droid. I tried resetting the screen timeout delay, which worked for less than a day. Occasionally it still will shut off on its own, but most of the time it won't. My battery has also been dying very quickly, which is frustrating. My phone restarted for a system update a couple days ago, but that didn't seem to help. If there is an answer to be found, I would love to know (and I suspect restarting the phone will only provide temporary relief).

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I have also noticed some apps that are downloaded to the phone will cause the screen to not turn off. I downloaded a app that turned my phone into a level, as soon as I ran that and then exited out, my screen would stay on.. If I went and look at what processes were running I killed it and the screen acted normal again.

I have sense removed that app. But more often than not rebooting will end that process. Luckly this phone reboots quickly..

Hope this helps.