Screen protector

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I’d never run a phone like this without a screen protector but that’s my personal choice… Plus I’ve rough fingers from all the chalk I use training etc…

It’s not a risk I’d want to take

I’d highly recommend the Whitestone Dome protector, it’s not cheap but it’s the best IMO. Watch the videos on YT, take your time and it’ll go smoothly

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what I got when I was in Manila, Philippines last month but this Xiaomi shop PRINTED THE SCREEN PROTECTOR for my P7P.

I actually got it first for my Xiaomi 12t first and I went back a few days later for my Pixel.

Amazing screen protector, perfect cut from edge to edge. Usually, the screen protectors I get on amazon needs to be replaced when I remove the case.

Sent from my SM-G990W using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, when you say a good case, what that might be?

Something with good edge and corner protection. It doesn't have to be superthick (I hate bulky cases) -- just as long as it doesn't feel really thin and flimsy. I'm currently using a Caseology Nano Pop case, which feels really solid (and has nice texture on the left and right sides that makes it easier and more secure to grip).

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Looks complicated to install. Any other screen suggestion?

It's really not!

If I can fit it with my shovel like hands and I tend to fix things with a sledgehammer, anyone can install it!

It's a simple procedure

It also works superbly and doesn't affect the finger print sensor at all; it reads my fingerprints faultlessly & works spot on with my Caseology cases

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Have used many tpu screen protectors and they've been great but got this one for my wife's new 7 Pro and its brilliant... 3 glass protectors with ultra violet lamp for only 32 Gbp. I'm actually going to use one on my own 7 Pro next time my tpu cover is damaged... Screenshot_20221226-202211.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
3 Pack Ultra Glass Screen Protector for Google Pixel 7 Pro 3D Curved Tempered Glass Shield Support Fingerprint Unlocking, Scratch & Impact Protection, Full HD Clear & Touch Smoothly for Pixel 7 Pro

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Installing glass is complicated but doable if you have a steady hand and patience. Watch the video multiple times. I think it is far better than TPU film if you can handle the install. I don't have a steady hand and have failed at glass installs, except once. It was really nice when I had it.

Now I just use TPU film. If anything, it is incredibly easy to install, cheap. Seems to smudge easier and is a little harder to wipe off. I have always picked my TPU film based on reviews. The P7P fingerprint sensor works fine for me. Like someone else said, Milomdoi is a good brand I've used.

Avoid the camera screen protectors. Extremely difficult to remove, shatter (yep, I foolishly put one on).

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I've had great luck with the hybrid type, pretty much since my first curved screen, trying to make a glass protector work with the fingerprint reader was maddening, unless it was PERFECTLY aligned. I even tried two WS Dome protectors, on my P7P, even those weren't quite right, the way glass works seamlessly on a flat screen phone. I've worked as a mechanic some years ago, done a ton of fine brazing, tooling, etc, but the WS install process, while not particularly hard, is very finnicky to get perfect (I'd say a 1' misalignment hoses a good bit of touch).

The hybrids are easy to install, almost as easy as a TPU, and still have a decent hardness to them; mine's going on almost 5 months now, with nary a scratch... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU7143437
I can unlock my phone through a 4-mil ziploc (I'm a road cyclist, so I have a variety of really thick ziplocs ;-]), at least 50% of the time, which isn't too bad of an endorsement, for the reader as well (that's with a hybrid protector AND the thick ziploc).

I (sort of) get why some don't use 'em, and that's fine, but I've sure seen my share of cracked and broken screens, over the years.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been using an iPhone for the past 4 years or so straight. Picked up a pixel 7 yesterday from best buy and purchased the zagg screen protector along with a UAG case. It's a decent combo thus far.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
And they'll also degrade the quality of your pictures, primarily by causing much more lens flare.
This is good to know. I'm very anxious about my camera lenses but haven't decided to get any kind of protection for them other than a case and general gentle use. It makes sense that a camera lens screen protector would not only impact the quality of photo-taking but may even damage the lenses -- the exact thing we want them to ward off.

Reactions: B. Diddy

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome! How are you liking your new Pixel 7 Pro?
I just have the base Pixel 7. I'm enjoying it fine actually. Making the switch wasn't bad at all. Knowing that I can access anything I left behind on my iCloud just by signing in on the chrome browser is awesome too. My wife and I have a shared calendar in iCloud. That's going to be tricky. Well not tricky. When I put things on I just invite her email. When she adds things I get an email and just manually add it to my Google calendar.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I just have the base Pixel 7. I'm enjoying it fine actually. Making the switch wasn't bad at all. Knowing that I can access anything I left behind on my iCloud just by signing in on the chrome browser is awesome too. My wife and I have a shared calendar in iCloud. That's going to be tricky. Well not tricky. When I put things on I just invite her email. When she adds things I get an email and just manually add it to my Google calendar.
That's awesome! I have the normal Pixel 7 and am loving it. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. That's really convenient about the iCloud and calendar, as those were things that worries me when I'd sometimes wonder if I'd ever switch to Apple. But I have too much invested in the Android ecosystem. Chromebook, Google Drive, Pixel 7, Fitbit. It all works. I'm happy! Glad you are too! And who knows, maybe your wife will make the switch to Android one day!

What colour Pixel 7 did you get? I got Lemongrass and love it!