Screen roation issue...

taylorRenee11

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
A few days ago I realized my phones screen won't rotate, for texting, camera, internet..nothing. I've tried recalibrating, turning the auto-rotate on/off, pretty much everything I've read to do. Nothing has worked. The bottom buttons (home, menu, back, search...don't know what they're actually called lol) also flicker on and off...constantly, or they'll stay on for a minute and turn off, then fade back on...so on and so on. So I guess my question is there anything I can do to fix this? Is there no fixing it? And if not, is there any way thats covered under any kind of warranty? I've had the phone about three months...
Please and thanks!!

brad_wp

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Usually this means that a program has not released your accelerometer/G-Sensor. A power cycle will usually fix this. Make sure that you have fast-boot turned off before you power down. If that doesn't work do a battery pull. If you've done all of these already and it hasn't worked I see a warranty claim in your future.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Also, the backlighting of the softkeys / bottom buttons is controlled by the light sensor, so it sounds like you have 2 problems. If rebooting doesn't fix it, seek warranty assistance as brad said.

taylorRenee11

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Im not good with phones and definitely not fixing them...sorry for sounding stupid. assuming a power cycle would be turning it off and back on? Not sure what fast boost is either.
Also never had an issue that needed fixing under warranty, is that done thru at&t or how do I to about that??
Your alls help is greatly appreciated!! =)

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Im not good with phones and definitely not fixing them...sorry for sounding stupid. assuming a power cycle would be turning it off and back on? Not sure what fast boost is either.
Also never had an issue that needed fixing under warranty, is that done thru at&t or how do I to about that??
Your alls help is greatly appreciated!! =)

First try a simple restart:
1. press and hold the power button until the menu pops up
2. choose restart

It could take a few minutes to fully restart, be patient. Restarting almost always fixes any glitches the device is having. I usually leave fast boot alone (default is on),but if restarting this way doesn't help, you could try turning fast boot off. Press Menu>Settings>Power and you'll see Fast Boot at the bottom. Clear the checkmark, and try restarting again.

If that still doesn't help, you may need to do a factory reset, which will erase everything you have put on the phone and return it to out of the box condition. I know it sounds harsh, but HTC will want you to try it if you call them for warranty support.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy