Screen sensitivity issues anyone?

bigron3180

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same sensitivity issue for about the first 3 weeks of owning this phone. I was using nova launcher as well. works perfectly now. No more sensitivity issue. Probably just needs some time

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
God to hear they're working on an update though. I only notice it when typing. Doesn't register some key presses. Seems to be getting worse though

Posted via the Android Central App

Not_Fog

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Update: took mine to the Samsung Experience Center at Best Buy. No resolution, but big shout-out to CSR Stefanie who was really helpful. She noticed the issue as soon as I handed her the phone, and then tried a bunch of troubleshooting, to no avail. She tried the following, none of which worked:

1) Checked for the most recent update (I had it)
2) Flashed the most recent update in case the update didn't install properly over the automatic wi-fi update
3) Ran diagnostic on the screen input. Weird results because this showed every touch was being registered, but as soon as we went back to the homescreen the sensitivity issue was back.
4) Removed the Bodyguardz glass screen protector and interacted with the phone's screen directly (no improvement, but she did a good job at putting it back on)
5) Factory reset (after backing up via Samsung Smart Switch)

--- (EDIT) this was all after I had previously done a factory reset, cleared app cache, cleared system cache, booted in safe mode, ran Touch Wiz for several days, and tried it without the case for a couple hours.----

None of these fixed the problem, so her thought was that it is a hardware issue (either digitizer or mother board). In the end, basically, she wished me luck with AT&T. I'm going into AT&T, where I bought the phone, tomorrow prepared for battle. I'm sure they'll want to give me a refurb, but that is completely unacceptable since the phone isn't even a month old. Cross your fingers for me.

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hmm so some people say verizon said an update is imminent and now someone says hardware issue and I might just have to type slower

Playing the waiting game now

Not_Fog

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Not sure about it being a memory leak issue. Seems like if that were the case the issue would be at least temporarily resolved by clearing system and app cache.

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
It's hardware.

What makes you so sure it's hardware? Some people have had temporary success with cache clearing and temporary fixes as well by booting it in safe mode. If it was for sure hardware don't think those would've done anything.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
What makes you so sure it's hardware? Some people have had temporary success with cache clearing and temporary fixes as well by booting it in safe mode. If it was for sure hardware don't think those would've done anything.

Because people are reporting that it's always on the lower and upper left parts of the screen. That's not software.

SpenDeR000

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. I'm not convinced it's hardware. I had pretty severe issues in exactly the areas you described. It was especially bad when using the phone while it was laying on a table. After a factory reset and using stock Touchwiz for a while (about 48hrs) the issue magically disappeared. My phone has been flawlessly responsive for three days now. Hardware doesn't just fix itself. I'm more inclined to believe it's initial samsung firmware bugs combined with the initial build of lollipop being a pile of hot garbage.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. I'm not convinced it's hardware. I had pretty severe issues in exactly the areas you described. It was especially bad when using the phone while it was laying on a table. After a factory reset and using stock Touchwiz for a while (about 48hrs) the issue magically disappeared. My phone has been flawlessly responsive for three days now. Hardware doesn't just fix itself. I'm more inclined to believe it's initial samsung firmware bugs combined with the initial build of lollipop being a pile of hot garbage.

Hardware doesn't fix itself but if you see buggy issues like that it could very well mean the hardware is faulty.

Not_Fog

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Spender000, can you talk about what you did to configure your device after the factory reset? Have you installed a new launcher? Have you installed a new messaging app? Have you added any non-stock notifications? Any info on your system setup would be appreciated.

I had a similar experience, where I factory reset 2 days ago, and everything was working great, but I have been slowly adding apps and media, and now it is back to the same old issue. As soon s I factory reset, I installed Nova which made me think that wasn't the culprit because it has worked fine for 2 days. The last thing I did before the phone went back to the old problems was setup the You Need a Budget (YNAB) app. I restored my device from backup using Samsung Smart Switch and YNAB was installed then, but I had to go through the setup process to sync it with my phone by setting it up with Dropbox. This is the last thing I did before the sensitivity issues came back. Prior to that were several notification downloads from Zedge and before that was installing Dolphin browser, but didn't notice any issues.

I talked to AT&T Tier 2 support on Saturday and have a warranty replacement (i.e. "like-new" [possibly refurbished] phone) in the mail. I was getting pretty excited that my original S6 looked like it had took a turn for the better but now it is back to the original issue, so I'm not sure if I'm going to take the refurb or keep the original.

Is anyone running the following without issues?
-Nova Launcher
-Textra
-HD Widgets
-SplenDo

SpenDeR000

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I backed up my photos & messages and performed a factory reset. I skipped the Samsung Smart Switch & set things up from scratch as a new device. That's the safest way to go. I ran everything as stock for a few days (launcher, keyboard, etc) and was still experiencing touch issues, so I stuck with it a little longer. I ended up giving in and installing swiftkey, textra, and beautiful widgets but I did continue to use Touchwiz. Four or five days after the reset I noticed the phone becoming responsive and it's been fine ever since. I've since added a few banking apps, the Score, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and a few shopping apps (eBay and Amazon).

I think the key is to set the phone up as a new device after the reset. Using the auto restore function can do strange things to any device. Nova Launcher may be causing issues as well. I've read some reports if Nova causing problems with the Edge model in particular. It would probably be best to stick with Touchwiz for a while (it's honestly not that bad, especially after the update Samsung just pushed to fix the lollipop memory leak bug). If you really can't stand it, then maybe try Google Now Launcher.

Anyway, I hope I provided some answers. Let me know if you want more info.

mattmc18

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I've been having screen sensitivity issues for the past 2 weeks, after having no problems at all for the first 2 weeks. I swear it started right after my exchange period ended, really good timing. It has been up and down, gets better and gets worse but it is not consistent. The problem has never completely gone away since it surfaced, though. The whole screen is less responsive but the edges are definitely the worst. Having a case on makes it significantly worse, to the point where I usually have to take the case off to use the phone at all. The screen is almost unresponsive when laying flat on a table, with or without the case.

The most annoying thing is the pull-down menu. I have to leave my finger at the top of the screen for about a half-second for it to register and then the menu will come down, but half the time it doesn't come down all the way and just shoots right back up. The phone is usable but this particular action is extremely frustrating. Does anyone else notice this specifically with the pull-down menu?

Also, just thought I'd add that I have never used Nova or any other launcher.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
A friend of mine had the same issue and called samsung. They tried to get her to send it in for repair but she said no because it was a known problem. After a long run around she got a call from a rep. Not only did they send her a new in box replacement, they gave her a free upgrade from 32gb to 64GB for her troubles. You need to get Samsung support in North Carolina and not the operators overseas. You get that by requesting an escalated ticket with a call back. This issue is hardware related and it's a known early production issue. Bark loud enough and samsung will take care of you. The first order tech support are just overseas workers reading cue cards.

S6 Edge 64GB

Ivan Tenorio

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
How do you ask for a escalated ticket or word it to the rep? I called myself and they weren't able to help and offered me to send in my device. I said I couldn't do that and they said we only offer repairs by sending in the device.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
How do you ask for a escalated ticket or word it to the rep? I called myself and they weren't able to help and offered me to send in my device. I said I couldn't do that and they said we only offer repairs by sending in the device.

Ask to speak to a supervisor. Or I believe that you can submit a trouble ticket online with a call back. They won't call you back from overseas. It will be from North Carolina or Texas.

Ivan Tenorio

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Any advice on what to say other than explaining the problem I am having with the phone. When i asked the rep to speak to a supervisor, she said they wouldn't be able to do anything for me. Maybe it was because the rep was from texas possibly? Thanks

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Any advice on what to say other than explaining the problem I am having with the phone. When i asked the rep to speak to a supervisor, she said they wouldn't be able to do anything for me. Maybe it was because the rep was from texas possibly? Thanks

I don't have anything else except that you need to talk to a rep that's not overseas.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky