Seidio Desktop Charging Cradles (Now Available!)

koalabear

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If its helpful to anyone I just got this dock yesterday and if you remove the insert a Tbolt with Case-Mate Barely There case will fit fine, without removing the case.

groupdelay

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine today. Works great with Extended Battery and the Letstalk.com extended battery case installed (just remove the insert that comes with the dock! Might just have to pick up a second dock!

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine today. Works great with Extended Battery and the Letstalk.com extended battery case installed (just remove the insert that comes with the dock! Might just have to pick up a second dock!
Both links in the first post read that a wall charging cable comes with it, and the one that's $10 more also includes a car charger cable. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, could the removable plates mean that this dock could be compatible with future phones, if a plate is made to fit?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Both links in the first post read that a wall charging cable comes with it, and the one that's $10 more also includes a car charger cable. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, could the removable plates mean that this dock could be compatible with future phones, if a plate is made to fit?

1.) I just checked both links and only the more expensive one comes with a charger. There is NO car charger included with either package. They both come with a USB Cable so that it can plug into your computer, though.

2.) The removable plate only means that it can fit without a case or with a case. The dock is built to fit with one of the Seidio cases listed on the page. However, by inserting a plate into the dock, it allows the phone to be docked without a case. All this plate does it fill in the spaces that would allow the phone to not sit firmly when not in a case.

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm close to buying this dock, but I'm curious to know if any of you are aware of any TB docks that will charge an extra battery, whether extended or not? I haven't bought an extra or extended battery, but I've been contemplating it...

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Seidio sells a spare battery charger. You can just get that, then run the USB cable from the spare charger to the dock. That's what I do. It's not a cheap solution, but it works great and you can get different adapter plates for the spare charger so it will charge different types of batteries. I've had mine for three years and it is on it's third phone; I only had to buy the proper adapter plate when I got the TB.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there a second port on the dock to connect that to? Thanks for the suggestion!

As far as I know, the battery plugs into the outlet portion and receives it's charge that way. The Micro-USB still plugs into the standard port of the dock. So there is no need for two plugs.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
As far as I know, the battery plugs into the outlet portion and receives it's charge that way. The Micro-USB still plugs into the standard port of the dock. So there is no need for two plugs.

Exactly...the extra charger is basically a wall adapter with a battery charger and a USB port to plug your cable into for the dock or direct to the phone.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
Hopefully this will clear things up. I apologize for the quality...this was taken with my iPhone, which happened to be closer to me than the TB...lol! Anyway, the USB port is at the bottom. I have the older version of the charger, but it's mostly the same. The new ones are just thinner.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully this will clear things up. I apologize for the quality...this was taken with my iPhone, which happened to be closer to me than the TB...lol! Anyway, the USB port is at the bottom. I have the older version of the charger, but it's mostly the same. The new ones are just thinner.

the link to the cradle charger on seidio's website links to this one, no slot to charge the battery, from what i can tell at least. seidioonline.com

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I noticed when charging regularly, it gets 850ma, using same charger on the seidio dock gets around 390 ma maximum, anyone notice this?