Seidio Desktop Charging Cradles (Now Available!)

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I noticed when charging regularly, it gets 850ma, using same charger on the seidio dock gets around 390 ma maximum, anyone notice this?

I thought it was just me. I just got mine two days ago and this thing basically just maintains the charge if you have the screen on for any reason (desk clock, etc.). The USB port on my PC charges better. Very unimpressed.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was just me. I just got mine two days ago and this thing basically just maintains the charge if you have the screen on for any reason (desk clock, etc.). The USB port on my PC charges better. Very unimpressed.

Really? I haven't noticed this but than again, I'm using mine with a A/C adapter rather than with my computer. Are you using the computer to charge the phone with the Seidio dock?

On a side note, I'd recommend the HTC dock over the Seidio if you're not using a case. Sure, it's double the price, but it looks better and probably charges better. But, as I said, I have not noticed the Seidio charging slow.

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Really? I haven't noticed this but than again, I'm using mine with a A/C adapter rather than with my computer. Are you using the computer to charge the phone with the Seidio dock?

On a side note, I'd recommend the HTC dock over the Seidio if you're not using a case. Sure, it's double the price, but it looks better and probably charges better. But, as I said, I have not noticed the Seidio charging slow.

No, I'm charging in an AC wall outlet. But if I take it out of the dock and plug into my USB port, I get a better charge.

And I'm using the Seidio Active case, so I can't even use the HTC dock.

Thanks Seidio, you really dropped the ball on this one. (and notice how SeidioSeidio posted in this forum after the post above my first one, but neglected to comment on dpham00's post)

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
No, I'm charging in an AC wall outlet. But if I take it out of the dock and plug into my USB port, I get a better charge.

And I'm using the Seidio Active case, so I can't even use the HTC dock.

Thanks Seidio, you really dropped the ball on this one. (and notice how SeidioSeidio posted in this forum after the post above my first one, but neglected to comment on dpham00's post)

While we wish we could attend to everyone's question immediately, it is not always possible. We do our best to address questions as concerns as quickly as we can. Please PM me if you are having issues with your desktop cradle charging and I can see what I can do to help you.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine charges fine when my alarm clock screen is on.

Mine charges, just at a low rate. if you're browsing the internet or using pandora or using it as a clock, then it should be fine. But I use skype, and that uses around 650ma on average (seen peak over 1200ma), so if the dock can't provide ~850ma, then i'd still be losing charge while skype is in use, just not as much. Although, i'm going to investigate this a little bit further before contacting Seidio since I was using a Palm charger and cable (rated at 5v/1A just like the HTC). I will try using the HTC charger with the supplied Seidio microusb cable to see what results I get.

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
While we wish we could attend to everyone's question immediately, it is not always possible. We do our best to address questions as concerns as quickly as we can. Please PM me if you are having issues with your desktop cradle charging and I can see what I can do to help you.

Thanks for responding! I'm going to try my HTC charging cable tomorrow as well and narrow the issue down one or the other before i contact you. But thanks...

Android06 - you'll get much faster shipping here on AC

android06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Weight the costs...AC was cheaper than anyone so it may balance out.

ya it looks like ill only spend about 3 bucks more if i buy it from AC and will get it sooner.

I have a question though, can i just buy the one that doesnt come with the plug and use the one that comes with the thunderbolt?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just an update, i tried to charge the dock with the HTC wall charger, it worked fine, around 850ma. I then tried my Palm wall charger again, it showed 850ma as well. Weird, i'm not sure why it gave full charge now, but not before.

Not sure if it made any difference, but yesterday, i was running db 2.1 (gb) during that test and then afterwards i switched to db 1.8 (froyo).

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been running db 3.0 gb with the HTC wall charger the entire time, well, since Wednesday. Only today I've tried the stock charging cable, rather than the one that came with the dock. Where can you find the charging level?

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I've asked a member of my product team and they couldn't duplicate this, however, they did say many different factors go into this. Some things to consider are:

1) Make sure the measurements are taken at about the same battery level.
The charging current will be different when the battery level is 90% comparing to when your battery level is only 10%.
2) The same charger and USB cable need to be used.
3) Screen on/off, phone usage, number of software in use will affect the current charging as well.
4) Most "current reading apps" update the reading every 60 seconds or even longer, so be sure to wait long enough for the reading to be updated.

I hope this is helpful! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: dpham00

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I connected my Seidio dock to my cable box as it's an extra dock now and it charges just as one would expect. I was using Twonky to stream music to my XBOX 360 wireless while charging and it went from 60% to 95% in an acceptable amount of time. Being that's it's a USB connection rather than an A/C outlet, I don't expect excellent results but it worked fine.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been running db 3.0 gb with the HTC wall charger the entire time, well, since Wednesday. Only today I've tried the stock charging cable, rather than the one that came with the dock. Where can you find the charging level?

you need to run an app like battery monitor widget from the android market, it will show and log power consumption (and charge).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've asked a member of my product team and they couldn't duplicate this, however, they did say many different factors go into this. Some things to consider are:

1) Make sure the measurements are taken at about the same battery level.
The charging current will be different when the battery level is 90% comparing to when your battery level is only 10%.
2) The same charger and USB cable need to be used.
3) Screen on/off, phone usage, number of software in use will affect the current charging as well.
4) Most "current reading apps" update the reading every 60 seconds or even longer, so be sure to wait long enough for the reading to be updated.

I hope this is helpful! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

thanks for getting back to us.