[SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So what do you think of Wicked Sensations so far?

I like it. Definitely smooth. Absolutely love the theme! His way beyond jelly bomb although Josh has done nice things too. The super android that flys around when things load is ready cool. YouTube is amazing with this theme.

It made me realize I don't even use Clark's extra bells and whistles. Lol. So far battery life seems slightly better with heavy use.

No problems. Everything works.

Request if it's possible... please remove the on going section from the notification bar. I use an anti virus scanner and it takes up the notification and status bar with us ugly icon. If you can remove that you'd be my hero. I hate it. I know what's on going I downloaded and used you for a reason you don't have to try me 24/7. Stupid look out.

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Its been a while since I have rooted romed and themed so forgive me for all the questions. If I theme with one ROM and decide to switch to a different ROM, is it as easy as wiping or is it more complicated than that??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Its been a while since I have rooted romed and themed so forgive me for all the questions. If I theme with one ROM and decide to switch to a different ROM, is it as easy as wiping or is it more complicated than that??

Yes, just wipe and flash.

Reactions: brackett5

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Its using ALL of my memory and I can't do anything with my phone.
Update: figured it out!!

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Its using ALL of my memory and I can't do anything with my phone.

You don't have an sd card? You delete them just like any other file on you phone. In a good rexplorer, mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/backups choose the backup you want to delete. press and hold file until the menu comes up.

For external sdcard. mnt/extSdCard/clockworkmod/backups and follow the same steps above to delete.

Our you could save them to your computer using the usb cable. Phone/clockworkmod/backups

Sdcard/clockworkmod/backups

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
It says .87 but I think I downloaded the touch version and Idk. Anyway just asking.

I have a question about paranoid ROM. I have downloaded the ROM from my phone but the gapps won't download. Do I need to do that from a PC?? Thinking about trying that one.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
It says .87 but I think I downloaded the touch version and Idk. Anyway just asking.

I have a question about paranoid ROM. I have downloaded the ROM from my phone but the gapps won't download. Do I need to do that from a PC?? Thinking about trying that one.

It shouldn't make any difference. Have you ran an aosp rom before before?

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
No. Do I need to do other things??

I just downloaded the jelly bomb theme on top of TeamSonic .0.9 and I can't get the notifications for the stock messenger to work.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
No. Do I need to do other things??

I just downloaded the jelly bomb theme on top of TeamSonic .0.9 and I can't get the notifications for the stock messenger to work.

wow you're all over the place today...
I thought you wanted to load the paranoid Rom. Now your on sonic again and the jellybomb theme. Weren't you also on Wicked Sensations?

That's one of the drawbacks to flashing themes separately from the Roms. Sometimes the theme breaks part of the Rom. One of the reasons I prefer to run Roms that are pre-themed.

The best place to get help for issues such as this would be the where you got the Rom. I haven't used sonic since .0.0.9 test build. I'm 2 versions behind and never use the stock messaging app after the original testing.

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Lmmfao yeah I'm kind of all over. Use I was on the wicked sensations. I would like to try paranoid. I am really liking the bombed theme except the fact the SMS notifications isn't working. I love the ICS look for the messenger.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Lmmfao yeah I'm kind of all over. Use I was on the wicked sensations. I would like to try paranoid. I am really liking the bombed theme except the fact the SMS notifications isn't working. I love the ICS look for the messenger.

The main problem with flashing themes over Roms is they are never updated together. First the Rom gets updated, then by the time the theme catches up and everything is working the Rom gets updated again starting the same cycle.

Roms that are pre-themed never have that problem.

As for Paranoid, the gaps should be able to be downloaded with your phone. However, I always prefer downloading all my files on the computer. It's just more reliable. And makes it convenient to save them without filling up my phone.

I never have more than two backups on my phone and Rom files normally get deleted as soon as it's flashed.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just watched qbkings latest cm10 video on YouTube and man was it looking sweet. Seemed really fast and looked as if it's basically almost fully stable.

When I rooted my phone no one told me how hard it was going to be choosing roms.

Tried team Sonics rom at first. Fell in love at first sight.

Then I flashed my side chick. Wicked Sensation. She has a lot of perks too. Love her battery life and she is absolutely gorgeous.

Now I see what I believe to be is my dream girl... CM10 Not sure if I am flashing her yet but she is a looker.

Which rom are you all currently running? It's so hard to choose just one