Share your S10e first impressions

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
First impressions were positive but after using it a few days I've decided to stick with
my Pixel 3 and send it back. I had one complete freeze up and some Bluetooth issues
with headphones at the gym. Overall it was a big improvement over the other Samsung
phones I've had but for me the Pixel is more stable.

nitebot

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Battery life is good. Starting using it at 11am and have been giving it light to medium use (apps, some video, some music) through the day. It's now 8.35pm here and it's at 57%. So it's been using 4.5% per hour. So it should comfortably last the day so long as I don't absolutely hammer it.
How's everyone's battery life?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
First impressions were positive but after using it a few days I've decided to stick with
my Pixel 3 and send it back. I had one complete freeze up and some Bluetooth issues
with headphones at the gym. Overall it was a big improvement over the other Samsung
I can get that. You have to go with what works for you.
Thank you for sharing even though it didn't work as well for you.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I've noticed that my Spigen Hybrid case seems to make it tricky to reliably press the fingerprint reader. Anyone else having any issues?

I have the Neo Hybrid Spigen case, while it is more raised than I'd like it to be on the side where the fingerprint scanner is. I have no issues pressing it with either my thumb or index finger

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
So I finally got my own s10e last night and the first thing that came to mind is that the size is home.
For me, one hand mode is not needed since I can reach everything and my thumb isn't straining.
This is my first One UI experience and I would say it's a perfect marriage to this phone. What is a launcher? Not going to use any of those lol.
The beauty mode thing is way less of an issue now with the front camera. I'm pleased about that.

Edit: I forgot to add that I like that we have the nav bar or gesture option.

Last edited:

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So I finally got my own s10e last night and the first thing that came to mind is that the size is home.
For me, one hand mode is not needed since I can reach everything and my thumb isn't straining.
This is my first One UI experience and I would say it's a perfect marriage to this phone. What is a launcher? Not going to use any of those lol.
The beauty mode thing is way less of an issue now with the front camera. I'm pleased about that.

Edit: I forgot to add that I like that we have the nav bar or gesture option.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the phone! Have you tried the gestures yet?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I haven't because I avoid them like the plague lol. I have heard that Apple does a better job with it so I don't use it at all. The nav bar works just fine for me. I do enjoy double tap to wake and being able to pull down the notification shade with gestures though.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I've been on my iPhone XR mostly because if imessage but the gestures on the S10e are amazing!

I still have the S10e and use it a lot. Gestures are awesome!

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks you for

letting us know

your impressions.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I like it but for a few niggles.
Notification light. Nuff said.
I miss the home button. The way it is set up with samsung pay / lockscreen / face ID / rise to wake. It's kinda wonky. I like rise to wake, but with face ID it's unlocked my phone before I can get to samsung pay. Using swipe gestures can't have samsung pay on the homescreen. I put the SP app on my homescreen but I don't want it there. And since swipe FP sensor to open SP doesn't work.
I have the white so having to put a case on it is annoying. Sides just haee zero grip.
Screen can be weird at times, lke, colors get off. AOD I have set on the nearly red color, sometimes it looks purple. They screen can also look faded when supposed to be white.

it easily outhandles my N8.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I tried gestures while at AT&T, and they're really bad. I'm on the V30, so I haven't tried any other implementation of gesture navigation, but Samsung's is terrible in my opinion.

Rather than tap an always there button, you have to do more work by swiping up from the bottom of the screen to execute the same action. The only way I can see this gesture navigation worthwhile is it it's automatic for full screen apps.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I tried gestures while at AT&T, and they're really bad. I'm on the V30, so I haven't tried any other implementation of gesture navigation, but Samsung's is terrible in my opinion.

Rather than tap an always there button, you have to do more work by swiping up from the bottom of the screen to execute the same action. The only way I can see this gesture navigation worthwhile is it it's automatic for full screen apps.
You can bring the buttons back in the settings.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
You can bring the buttons back in the settings.
I know that (I turned on the gesture setting when I was playing with it). I was giving my opinion that I don't think Samsung's gestures are really worth using.

And speaking of more impressions, I regret that I didn't check out the camera. However, I did check the gallery on an S9 and those photos look way better than what I'm used to seeing on my V30 (could also be attributed to the screen quality?), so I imagine the S10 must take some great photos.

I'm gonna have to play with one again because I need to see how the wide angle camera compares.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Different strokes, I guess. I love Samsung's gestures but the only other phone I've used with gestures is the iPhone.