Share your S10e first impressions

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Faster than my Iphone x. Super phone. Although screen resolution is less than Iphone X you really can't tell the difference. Gestures are great. Same as my Iphone x

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here. In the past, I only bought Androids that I could switch the navigation buttons around like a Samsung.

Now that I've tried the gestures, I'll never go back to navigation buttons again! They are great!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
AHHHHH I really want the S10e... Oh man, I might actually buy a Samsung phone when I upgrade - I never thought I'd see the day!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
AHHHHH I really want the S10e... Oh man, I might actually buy a Samsung phone when I upgrade - I never thought I'd see the day!
I thought the same thing when I bought my S8. After two years with that device and I'm on the S10 now. Couldn't be happier.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I thought the same thing when I bought my S8. After two years with that device and I'm on the S10 now. Couldn't be happier.

And the S8 sas what actually made me start to think about buying a Samsung phone... Crazy! But then I chose the Pixel 2. I wonder if I'll actually go for it this time around! I also like the S10.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Doooo itttttt!! You'll love it!

I second this. Before the S10e, I have never owned any Samsung flagships. I have thought about it but never really considered it to be an option. The software is great and the size of the S10e is great. Where else can you get a phone smaller than the Pixel 3 but has more screen?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
To go back, you swipe up from where the back button would be if there was a back button. To go home, you swipe up from where the home button would be if there was a home button. To access recent apps, you swipe up from where the recent apps button would be if there was a recent apps button. It's not intuitive at all. Intuitively, we swipe left for back, swipe right for forward, swipe up for app switch, push the bottom center for home.

100% agree I hate them.

Try fluid gestures, does not place nice with the in screen fps on the 10/10 plus but should work fine on the 10e

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
It's actually a touch smaller than the Pixel 2.
0d3ae4ba7d3754e51b1af7b60dd097b2.jpg

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Different strokes, I guess. I love Samsung's gestures but the only other phone I've used with gestures is the iPhone.
. . . Now that I've tried the gestures, I'll never go back to navigation buttons again! They are great!

The gestures are no different than having a navigation bar, though, except you have to move your thumb further then you swipe instead of just tapping. You're actually doing more than you would with standard navigation for an insignificant amount of added screen.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
It looks like it may be a little big for me at 5.8"... How are you finding the size of it?
It's very nearly the same size as an iPhone XS. Have you held one of those? I found the pixel 3 to be a little cramped but the XL to be way too big. This seems to be just right for me!

rolexreviews

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
I've read the last few replies and I just wanna add my 2¢

the gestures (without hints) is my favorite navigation for a phone I've ever used

don't like the iPhone, don't like the pixel

just full screen phone nothing in the way

there's 2 little minor inconveniences with it but the trade off of not having any buttons there at all to add screen burn in like my s8 is amazing

(trade off one being can't swipe left to go to last app quickly and can't swipe and hold for multitasking but again very minor and I love my s10e with the gestures)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's very nearly the same size as an iPhone XS. Have you held one of those? I found the pixel 3 to be a little cramped but the XL to be way too big. This seems to be just right for me!

I haven't held one as of yet. I'm switching carriers soon (plans, not phones!); so while I'm doing that, I'll be sure to check out sizes and how everything feels in the hand! I'm excited to see the phones!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
How does the gestures on the S10E compare with the iPhones? Better? Worse? More intuitive or less?
About the same, IMO. You swipe up once on the iPhone to bring up the apps menu. On the S10 you swipe up on where each of the nav bar icons would be.