Shortcut icons revert to generic on reboot

rkdav

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I reboot my Optimus S every couple of days just because I think it's good practice to do so. Each time I do, some (not all) of the shortcut icons I have in various folders revert from an icon that looks like the app (such as Angry Birds) to a generic Android icon albeit with the correct name and function. I've tried waiting for several minutes for the shortcut icons to correct themselves but they don't so I have to waste time throwing away the generic icons and replacing them with the app-specific icons. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

rkdav

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I did find a fix, at least for the Optimus S. First, I unmount the SD card, remove it, then click it back in place soundly. Then remount the SD card. Second, I'm using LauncherPro so I force close it. Then hit the Home button. It takes a couple of minutes for all the icons to redraw but this seems to fix the problem every time.

housetube

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my EVO 3D, has anyone else been having this problem or found a solution to it?

ON the EVO 3D the easiest way is to change the scene (long press on an empty bit of a home screen) choose the scene menu and choose a new scene, Then just go back to your original scene.

Reactions: harr2003

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paknbast