Should I get Galaxy S4 now or wait for the iPhone 5S?

What to phone to get?

• Total voters

sleepypanda19

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, iPhones won't be getting NFC anytime soon as they already have Passbook. The screen size will probably remain the same old 4 inch screen, and the hardware will probably be the same as what i have read in numerous articles on the web. They wont be changing the hardware till 2014. If the iPhone 5S/6 gets to have new color schemes it will probably look like the iPod Touch 5th gen (white on front, color on back, and that looks hideous). I agree with the faster processor and the better camera though.

BUT you shouldnt believe in the rumors till the actual unveiling of the phone. Last years rumor of the iphone 5 was that it would have a laser projection keyboard and a 5 inch screen but that didnt happen. You might as well get the iPhone 5.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hehe I'm going to buy an iphone5s and glue it to the ground... I just like to watch the world burn.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

df6245

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
my opinion on this matter is you ask for advice, and doing so you go to youtube and find a fake video of a phone that has not even been announced for released. and it was not even made by apple.

why do so many people believe everything that is posted on the net or youtube, still blows my mind

Zod1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site
In practice, many of the specs on the S4 are similar to the rumored phone you gave (though right now NFC will probably be more useful on an Android phone because of Tasker).
Why does Tasker make NFC more appealing? Forgive my ignorance, I don't know a great deal about either. Thanks,

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The 5s is going to be the same current design and size. The main spin for the device is iOS 7 and features oriented with it.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Why does Tasker make NFC more appealing? Forgive my ignorance, I don't know a great deal about either. Thanks,
With those NFC tags you can program each of them to make your, or anyone else with the same NFC reader app, do a few simple things. With Tasker you can make complex tasks that trigger based on "contexts" which could either be "states" (e.g. you're at a specific location, it's a certain time of day, etc.) or "events" (e.g. you get a text message, you unlock your phone, you perform a specific gesture etc.)

One of the things you can have a NFC tag do is perform a Tasker task (essentially making scanning any specific tag a new "event). So with Tasker you can have a NFC tag tell your phone to perform one, or several complex things and you can have those things change depending on the state of your phone. You could put a single tag on your key chain that, while at work, toggles your phone between "meeting" mode and "at your desk" mode, while in the car sends a text message to someone with your GPS location and while at home it announces your "to-do" list for you. If you have some home automation system you could put one by your Lay-Z-Boy that dims the lights, turns on the TV and opens your TV remote app. These are all things that you may or may not want to do at any given time while at a specific location.

tl;dr - Tasker will allow you to do much more complex things with NFC tags and NFC tags allow you to be much more situational with your Tasker events.

hooksy7

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I agree with previous post. I had every iteration of iPhone. I personally wanted bigger screen and something different than ios. Glad I made switch. Too bad apple didn't update ios and adapt to bigger screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree with previous post. I had every iteration of iPhone. I personally wanted bigger screen and something different than ios. Glad I made switch. Too bad apple didn't update ios and adapt to bigger screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Agreed. If I could have a permanently jailbroken iPhone with a 4.7" screen, I'd go back in a heartbeat, nice though my new Android phone is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya